Weirdest/Most interesting banger you've ever seen

erik

What is the weirdest or most interesting car you have ever seen in the bangers? For me, it would be the Granny Limo which was at the team meeting. Has anyone seen anything stranger?

Not quite as weird and wounderfull as the 1926 Daimler Hearse, but last March at Arlington i saw this MGB GT,

[attachmentid=4302]

[attachmentid=4303]

Looked good and was quick, but as you can see it didn't take much to take it out of action  checkeredflag.gif

post-775-1135772891.jpg

post-775-1135772911.jpg

This was a Rover Hire car that i saw at the 2005 pre '68 meeting at hednesford never seen one before and probably will never see another one!

[attachmentid=4374]

[attachmentid=4375]

[attachmentid=4376]

[attachmentid=4377]

post-667-1136314392_thumb.jpg

post-667-1136314434_thumb.jpg

post-667-1136314472_thumb.jpg

post-667-1136314514_thumb.jpg

This was a Rover Hire car that i saw at the 2005 pre '68 meeting at hednesford never seen one before and probably will never see another one!

It an Austin FL1 Hire car as far as i know. Weirdest thing i seen raced is a bluebird as can't see how people rate fwd over rwd  ohmy.gif

Oddest thing was swb Jag keefy raced at tadley at one of Jeff Wolford Memorials,  blink.gif

Bet the hire company wasnt amused... rofl.gif

Don't think they would have given the deposit back.

heres one for ya it aint been raced yet but my mate george geeves is gonna race 2 lincolntown limos welded together. a lincoln towncar double stretch limo!!!!

also one of the madmob had this at icebreaker and hmc last year.

[attachmentid=4383]

a 6-door home made lada estate limo

post-765-1136401780.jpg

Edited by dangerous damo

heres one for ya it aint been raced yet but my mate george geeves is gonna race 2 lincolntown limos welded together. a lincoln towncar double stretch limo!!!!

why? wot a waste of two lincoln town cars!

In the early '80's someone raced a fiat 500 in with the overs at the now defunct Newton Abbot. Infact there was also someone that raced one of those small, old suzuki ' compact' hatches in with the overs, and he actauly won the heat race. He didnt fare to well in the final as he spent most of the race being spun out by the others........once they caught up with him.

• 2 weeks later...

Weirdest one ive seen has to be this one

Well it isnt weird but it raced in the rgs (Road Going Saloons) at crimond!!

And he left with only a few minor marks. Not bad

post-783-1137622283_thumb.jpg

Edited by martwisely

Weirdest one ive seen has to be this one

Well it isnt weird but it raced in the rgs (Road Going Saloons) at crimond!!

And he left with only a few minor marks. Not bad

He normally races a red Cavalier. I will tell you the following. In one of the program's they reffered to him as Brian (The Snail) Rigby (Cavvy). Maybe he just brought that out for the fun meeting (The Skyline). Maybe he thought he would be better off in it. He was still no use.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..