Joining in the fun!

S-C337

Most things can be found at http://www.ukdirt.co.uk/ i think.

Register there and you get a password to race online. Thought it was about 30 pounds a year. You can paint yourself a car or ask someone on this forum nicely and they help you out.

See you on track  042.gif

Cheers, Frits

EDIT: There's a 2 week trial before you have to pay to race online, so you can see if you like it... i bet do thumbup.gif

Edited by Frits392

As Frits says, everythings over the other website. It costs £25 for a full year, and can race in as many formulas as you want (depending on waht your into!...and what night your free). You can get a car by someone painting you it (do all the hard part) and then you can read about getting a car in the game (explanations all over the place!) but trying the novice cars, to see what you like. You can choose any number you want from the lsit on the Ukdirt website, after you register. Can only go upto certain nubmers on F1 and Bangers (think it's 5, 600, not too sure) but should effect you on what number you want!

You'll get a 'conformation e-mail' when you register, and you can race after that for 2 weeks, just have to keep logging on for the new daley password to get in. There's no meetings as such (read the forum, you'll see if people are organising one to experiment for the new season, or race for fun) Besttime to go in is probably at night ,after about 9, people head in (for whatever mod is on that day).

It's fairly easy to start with, buttakes some getting used to! If you have any problems, feel free to post up your concerns, once you mess up for the first few times! biggrin.gif and get lost, there's always some numpty to help (Cue the numptys  whistling.gif  tongue.gif ).

Hope you get started soon, and have been practising offline for aslong as possible until your sorted online. It's worth the money, and time....but the burd/partner/wife/girlfriend/bit on the side....will ahve to be put to one side, it gets addictive!  whistling.gif  ninja.gif  laugh.gif

Best wishes,

Hack

• 1 month later...

You'll get a 'conformation e-mail' when you register, and you can race after that for 2 weeks, just have to keep logging on for the new daley password to get in.

Where do I find an IP address & password to practice? I have now regestered.

Thanks

....I can't seem to get it to handle through the corners

.....which puts you on an equal footing with about 90% of us - welcome to UK Dirt :thumbup:

i'd still recommend you take the plunge tbh, there's lots of people, guides, setups and general assistance buried about the forum and various 'fan' sites so don't feel you won't make progress, i'm sure you will

all the best .......... Wrighty

ps: it can be immensely good fun too :2:

Edited by wrighty496

S-C....

F1's are probably the hardest formula on ukdirt handling wise, and take some getting used to. But believe me, get over this first hurdle and you won't regret it.

Forgive me for judging you before i know you, by stereotyping you, but I've read on Stoxnet you have liked the sport for a long time, and big fans like yourself tend to come into ukdirt and struggle to get to grips with things, as they don't come from a gaming background, where we all have finely tuned thumbs! Sorry if you do play alot of games, thats just an observation thats often made.

I struggled (and sometimes still do) when I started with F1s so i spent 3 or 4 months racing F2s to get used to the online experience, then went into F1s, made some friends who taught me things about setups, and sent me a few to try out (i wouldn't recommend posting for setups though, ask people privately when you now them well enough). So i'd recommend not giving in completely, keep trying with the F1s but also race some F2s, and bangers are always a good start as that allows you to make mistakes without getting into too much trouble for it (though bangers can be a confusing mod to install with so many classes). Good luck matey, hope all goes well.

Cheers MoR

I don't know weather to join this properly or not. I'm no good at the stockcars I can't seem to get it to handle through the corners but I like the Banger racing as that is fun & handling isn't quite as nessasary. :shrug:

Go for it m8, it's only a game...you won't get punched down the pits if you wipe another car out, just keep practicing and working on your setups and you'll be fine racing any mod.

Bangers would be the best to start with, as MoR said you don't need a great deal of practice to do alright and you can make a mistake and it won't cause a big deal.

Remember it's only a game a good laugh during the week.....go for it! where else can you race uk oval racing online ?

:thumbs_up:

I don't know weather to join this properly or not. I'm no good at the stockcars I can't seem to get it to handle through the corners but I like the Banger racing as that is fun & handling isn't quite as nessasary. :shrug:

Go for it m8, it's only a game...you won't get punched down the pits if you wipe another car out, just keep practicing and working on your setups and you'll be fine racing any mod.

Bangers would be the best to start with, as MoR said you don't need a great deal of practice to do alright and you can make a mistake and it won't cause a big deal.

Remember it's only a game a good laugh during the week.....go for it! where else can you race uk oval racing online ?

:thumbs_up:

:appl: Quite right Munster, and if anyone wants a fight...send them my way :thumbup:

Seriously though, get into the bangers...anything goes (nearly..) and their all mad there, and love a crash. Just watch out for Daveyboy, he might get upset if you hit him :2:

• 2 weeks later...

Well today i am no longer a member of UK-Dirt as my trial period is up however I did post a cheque on Monday for jolt payment so what happens now do I have to wait for the cheque to clear (will be no problem there) until I can get the jolt password & be able to use it again?

You'll need to wait on it clearning, and in the 'drivers list' a 'star' will appear to replace your trial, and this will indicate to you that all has been received, and you can race. You could even drop an e-mail or even a PM to ask if it's been recieved, as i think there in a transaction period where it's getting sorted so Mav does with it all, instead of JamieG.

You'll need to wait on it clearning, and in the 'drivers list' a 'star' will appear to replace your trial, and this will indicate to you that all has been received, and you can race. You could even drop an e-mail or even a PM to ask if it's been recieved, as i think there in a transaction period where it's getting sorted so Mav does with it all, instead of JamieG.

I have sent an email to UK-Dirt admin yesterday lunce time but no reply as yet. :thumbs_down:

Who's Mav?

Edited by S-C337

Who's Mav?

The guy who painted your F1! Lol.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..