Help with something different for F2

Guest Stock Car Central

Guest Stock Car Central

New to this forum so hello everyone!

You may kow of my car which I brought out last season, well a chap has decided he would like to race it online and has constructed the chassis.

I gave him the original drawings I drafted to build the actual car so this is a pretty accurate and perhaps unique project?

He needs some one to help with mapping the template, would anyone be willing to help?

PLease get in touch if you are interested, any help would be much appreciated and perhaps may have some advertising on th car!!!

Alan Bunter

post-804-1136231023.jpg

Edited by Stock Car Central

You may kow of my car which I brought out last season, well a chap has decided he would like to race it online and has constructed the chassis.

I gave him the original drawings I drafted to build the actual car so this is a pretty accurate and perhaps unique project?

He needs some one to help with mapping the template, would anyone be willing to help?

PLease get in touch if you are interested, any help would be much appreciated and perhaps may have some advertising on th car!!!

Alan Bunter

Post up a picture Sparky  thumbup.gif  scared15.gif

If its not sparky, post a pic of the model anyway, and im sure someone will be willing to help.....

Alan Bunter

If its not sparky, post a pic of the model anyway, and im sure someone will be willing to help.....

rofl.gif @ Mor  .. anyway im also very curious to that model so yeah plz post up

a piccie for us. Maybe im wrong but i just thought that that car looks a lot like

an RCE. Anyway just like Mor is saying post up a piccie m8 and im sure

someone will offer his help.

Cheers

Mark

Edited by H33Racing

Guest Stock Car Central

Alan Bunter

rofl.gif @ Mor  .. anyway im also very curious to that model so yeah plz post up

a piccie for us. Maybe im wrong but i just thought that that car looks a lot like

an RCE. Anyway just like Mor is saying post up a piccie m8 and im sure

someone will offer his help.

Cheers

Mark

This is in no way shape or form an RCE! blink.gif

This was designed and built and is driven by me wink.gif

The model is by sparky and I hope someone can help,

You wont see a car like this anywhere else wink.gif

post-804-1136287745_thumb.jpg

I also must say thats one very nice looking car .. hope someone can help

him this time to finisch that car and so that we see that in the game. Come on

lads help him out this once.

Cheers

Mark

I could map it for you sparky, but why can't you do it yourself? Surely its importable into max, and your capable enough of learning how to map? Just a thought, its looking good, but you shouldnt have to rely on anyone else to finish things for you

although, once the car is mapped, I can't get the machine into the game.

cheers

sparky

In that case, i won't map it. I think you are capable enough to map, and i also think your capable enough of getting the right program too.

Guest Stock Car Central

Blimey its a good job people aren't like this in the real world of Stock Cars, there wouldn't be any racing!

Most people in the pits will help anyone out they can, thats part of the sport that everyone likes.....

Sparky hasn't asked, I have, only because I thought a lot of work had been done already and it would be nice to see my car racing online as everyone can have Randals or Elites, this is a chance to have something completely different to any other car out there!

Its only time not money.....

Blimey its a good job people aren't like this in the real world of Stock Cars, there wouldn't be any racing!

Most people in the pits will help anyone out they can, thats part of the sport that everyone likes.....

Sparky hasn't asked, I have, only because I thought a lot of work had been done already and it would be nice to see my car racing online as everyone can have Randals or Elites, this is a chance to have something completely different to any other car out there!

Its only time not money.....

Hi

Its not the fact im being unhelpful, its the fact that im not going to spend a few hours mapping it, when it wont be able to be put in game anyway..... The amount of models sparky had made, he should have thought about this before he modelled in the program he has.....

Like i say, nice model sparky, a credit to you, but if you knew you were going to have this problem, then why did you bother doing it in zmod?

Hi Alan,

I understand completely what you are saying and do understand youre very keen on getting the car in the game. Sparky has done a good job on the model but I think it's a bit of history around Sparky (which you didn't knew about) that holds people back.

There are a couple of things that need to be looked into before the car can actualy get into the game. We try to make all the cars in the game equal to each other (handling and speed wise) otherwise everybody would pick a certain car because it is quicker. One of the major things in this is the wheelbase. By making the wheelbase in the model the same as other F2 models from the game this problem gets solved. Downside might be that the model that has been made thus far needs to be altered to suit the "game wheelbase". And altering the model will take up a lot of time, where you might be better of building a brand new model (3D Max model that is, lol). But if the wheelbase on youre model suits the game's wheelbase then there isn't a problem.

Also looking at the car I am not sure about the poly count of the car. There is a maximum that 3D Max can export to get the car into the game. Looking at all the poly's that are visable I have the idea that this might cause a problem. Once again it doesn't have to be but it looks like it.

Last but not least. Sparky knew about his mapping problems and should have told you so. It's like me saying that I can build you a car but after completing the chassis and rollcage I have to stop as I can't do the rest.

As for me, yes I could finnish the model but I don't feel up for it. I have to be in the mood for modeling things and at the moment I am not in that mood. Plus (and please don't get me wrong here) I prefer building a model entirely by myself instead of finnishing/starting a model of someone else.

cheers,

Dragon

Guest Stock Car Central
Hi Alan,

I understand completely what you are saying and do understand youre very keen on getting the car in the game. Sparky has done a good job on the model but I think it's a bit of history around Sparky (which you didn't knew about) that holds people back.

There are a couple of things that need to be looked into before the car can actualy get into the game. We try to make all the cars in the game equal to each other (handling and speed wise) otherwise everybody would pick a certain car because it is quicker. One of the major things in this is the wheelbase. By making the wheelbase in the model the same as other F2 models from the game this problem gets solved. Downside might be that the model that has been made thus far needs to be altered to suit the "game wheelbase". And altering the model will take up a lot of time, where you might be better of building a brand new model (3D Max model that is, lol). But if the wheelbase on youre model suits the game's wheelbase then there isn't a problem.

Also looking at the car I am not sure about the poly count of the car. There is a maximum that 3D Max can export to get the car into the game. Looking at all the poly's that are visable I have the idea that this might cause a problem. Once again it doesn't have to be but it looks like it.

Last but not least. Sparky knew about his mapping problems and should have told you so. It's like me saying that I can build you a car but after completing the chassis and rollcage I have to stop as I can't do the rest.

As for me, yes I could finnish the model but I don't feel up for it. I have to be in the mood for modeling things and at the moment I am not in that mood. Plus (and please don't get me wrong here) I prefer building a model entirely by myself instead of finnishing/starting a model of someone else.

cheers,

Dragon

Finally some sense!!!

Thanks for that Dragon, I can understand why you wouldn't want to finish off what some one else had started, I hate working on other peoples f2's but thats what pays for my racing rolleyes.gif

I believe spary has made the car fit the games wheel base and track width as he had to adjust the car a little to fit.

Perhaps I have walked into some elses arguments here so I will wander off!

Just thought it would have been something different  wink.gif

I said at the start that i would 'try' which is what I have done. I have been able to get cars into the game before. It's just that for ease of modelling now, I have to build the model in many different parts. I used to build it in one large block. But for mapping I had to break it down. But I can't get it back together. If someone was to, say, map it and then make it one large piece and send it back, then on I could most likely get it into game. It's just that z-mod atm I am unable to put it all back together.

cheers

sparky

So what's the update on the car then? Is that it in testing? Is it suitable for the game? What happened to the wheel base, etc etc etc? is there a template? smile.gif

i assume this is some kind of colonial hip-hop speak for 'congratulations Sparky, thats a good effort for first car imported into game'? biggrin.gif

well done Sparky, finally made the step  appl.gif

So what's the update on the car then? Is that it in testing? Is it suitable for the game? What happened to the wheel base, etc etc etc? is there a template? smile.gif

i assume this is some kind of colonial hip-hop speak for 'congratulations Sparky, thats a good effort for first car imported into game'? biggrin.gif

well done Sparky, finally made the step  appl.gif

Just drivel Wrighty biggrin.gif

steeringwheel.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Not yet mate soz. I can map cars myself now, but I need to make the template first. it is pretty complicated so I will keep you posted on updates, everything should be easy enough to map apart from that bonnet which is harder because it is rounded.

cheers

sparky

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..