A quick question

*Dippy400*

Tonight whilst running my league MNB we had a meeting at Arena EssexR now LeeK39 was present at the meeting and witnessed a some what different lap time around Arena the lap time in a MK1 Granada saloon was 14.0 now is it me or is that an unreal lap time for online racing?

Ive had 14.0's in a Mk1 and 280c

Edit: Sorry mis-read post, I have had 14.0's offline, quickest online i think were in the 14.1's, havent really race Unlim 1 cars there much so cant quite remember

Scrappy is probably the quickest about so i think he would know best.

Who set that time online?

Edited by Dazza684

Said it was one of Cunny's setups  shrug.gif

Quite possible that it is a pukka time, especially if its one of Cunny's setups, however it would really take some doing i feel to get that sorta of time online. (For instance i have never seen Cunny getting those sorts of time there, and he is a fast driver)

Were there any cheat messages then?

For some reason loads of people are saying they've got my setups, I dunno how tho  shrug.gif

I havent done 14.0 around arena, best was 14.1.  Was talking to Rev a while ago on MSN, he said that someone was using my setups, when he added this guy in, I asked him the name of the setups and he said he didnt know  shrug.gif guess people are using modded cars.

first of all did you save replay if so uploaded im sure people will be able to tell if its a modded car also just wondering if that the person went into corner full bore and used someone as a turning guide to get the time ( not sure tho as im not a banger man Lol )

I don't know anything about what you're specifically talking about, but I will say that clipping the wall can be one of the fastest ways round some tracks in the F1s (Thinking of NIR and I think King's Lynn) so it's possible the same is true with bangers.

Cheat messages by themselves, are a bit of a red herring. Just some words of caution before the witch hunt, that's all.

I also have a clip of a somewhat solid car was just woundering what your views were on it ill upload it in a second.

EDIT: Cant seem to get it to upload onto file manager. Anyone wants to view that one or the "quick" car replay i have them both. Speak to me on msn if so.

Edited by *Dippy400*

In question, the person wasnt cheating, well speedwise anyway, went the same speed up the straight as anyone else.

In theory , you wouldnt have to alter the speed of the car to make it faster, all you have to do is perhaps make the tyres slightly wider for example and it would give you more grip in the corners, hence more speed. There are plenty of little tricks you can do to a car to make it quicker, but would almost certainly result in a cheat message, so if he didnt have a cheat message them im pretty sure it was a good,clean, honest lap.

In question, the person wasnt cheating, well speedwise anyway, went the same speed up the straight as anyone else.

so if he didnt have a cheat message them im pretty sure it was a good,clean, honest lap.

He did   042.gif

In theory , you wouldnt have to alter the speed of the car to make it faster, all you have to do is perhaps make the tyres slightly wider for example and it would give you more grip in the corners, hence more speed. There are plenty of little tricks you can do to a car to make it quicker, but would almost certainly result in a cheat message, so if he didnt have a cheat message them im pretty sure it was a good,clean, honest lap.

As I said speedwise wink.gif

As I said speedwise wink.gif

Dunno why i post answers to your posts, always gets me in trouble 3.gif  rofl.gif

Its a shame that this is going to happen now, more and more people are getting the tools of modelling available to them, and the physics file isnt that hard to get too really....... its a shame there is no way of locking .car files to make them uncrackable....

Shame that it going to come to this, as its going to hurt ukdirt alot if it reachs here  011.gif

Might be one for admin discussions, how to tackle cheat messages..... I know it'll be a hard one to sort out though, as johnmid said, cheat messages aren't the most reliable of things..... i've had loads of them before in the past and i don't know why, and im sure other people have, so how do we keep an eye on such things if they appear to be random at times?

Just a thought anyway.... the only thing i can say, is if anyone is caught cheating, ban them for life.

Its a shame that this is going to happen now, more and more people are getting the tools of modelling available to them, and the physics file isnt that hard to get too really....... its a shame there is no way of locking .car files to make them uncrackable....

Shame that it going to come to this, as its going to hurt ukdirt alot if it reachs here  011.gif

Might be one for admin discussions, how to tackle cheat messages..... I know it'll be a hard one to sort out though, as johnmid said, cheat messages aren't the most reliable of things..... i've had loads of them before in the past and i don't know why, and im sure other people have, so how do we keep an eye on such things if they appear to be random at times?

Just a thought anyway.... the only thing i can say, is if anyone is caught cheating, ban them for life.

I agree banning for life would put people off. But like you said Ive had cheat messages before and I wouldnt dream of cheating, so what happens if someone gets banned for life who hasnt cheated "wrongly accused£ so to speak. If that happened to me I would be gutted!

Also me and knobby have been talking about a solid way to stop modders but its gonna take a lot of looking at and going over but would be an offensive weapon against suspected modders.

Cheers War

I agree banning for life would put people off. But like you said Ive had cheat messages before and I wouldnt dream of cheating, so what happens if someone gets banned for life who hasnt cheated "wrongly accused£ so to speak. If that happened to me I would be gutted!

Also me and knobby have been talking about a solid way to stop modders but its gonna take a lot of looking at and going over but would be an offensive weapon against suspected modders.

Cheers War

It's obvious if people cheat, check replay and you can see everything.  People wouldnt just say 'ur banned for life' no doubt it would be looked into quite abit before the right choice is made.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..