any help?

chops660

my dam laptop keeps switching its self off.... banghead2.gif

it can be fine an run all day, i can browse the net all day, and download etc.

but when i come to run a programe such as ukdirt, it switches its self off. (shuts down completely. after a short while. somtimes i can get one or two races in, somtimes not long at all. its not just ukdirt it does it with, also lsf, it also switches of if i go to render anything, runs 3dmax fine, but as soon as i render, it goes off.

when i restart it has only come up with the error "windows did not close correctly" etc, a couple of times. not every time.

i have done full scans with norton, and microsoft anti spy, and it comes up clean...

any ideas on where i go from here? shrug.gif  shrug.gif

thanks in advance ..

chops thumbup.gif

its just started, seems to be after i installed battle field2 or round about that time, a couple of weeks ago. i then uninstalled bf2 as my l/top wouldnt run it. i have done a system restore back beyond that point but it still the same..?

its just started, seems to be after i installed battle field2 or round about that time, a couple of weeks ago. i then uninstalled bf2 as my l/top wouldnt run it. i have done a system restore back beyond that point but it still the same..?

Hi. This kind of thing can happen if you change the hardware setup - did you add any new memory or something?

If not, it seems something has just been left behind from an install - which is common problem when you keep installing and uninstalling things on Windows. If you've done all the system restore etc, see if there's any clues in the Event Viewer.

It something like... Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer. Then double click 'System'. This will list any problems encountered in time order, and may offer some clues. Errors are marked with a red cross. Though they may be criptic...

If you have no luck, try registering at the tech forums at www.pcmech.com and ask there, they are a mine of information.

HTH in some way.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..