New Forum

Kevin

The following is a summary of the changes made to the UKDirt forums. It is not an exhaustive list as there are many minor changes that help improve the performance of the forum as well as increase the security.

Forum Rules

These have been completely re-written so I suggest you cast you eye over them.

Gallery

This has been setup much the same as the forums so that it is easier to see specific pictures. If any more categories are required just let me know. The members galleries will be deleted on 31/12/06 which gives you plenty of time to re-post your pictures in the relevant category.

Links

A links system is available. Only 2 categories are there at present but more can be added as required, again let me know. You should be able to add a link to the system but they won't appear immediately. They will need approval by myself to stop links appearing to inappropriate sites.

Profile Photos

This is a new section and simply shows the photos people have uploaded to their profiles.

Tutorials / FAQ's

This is a new section with nothing in at the moment. If anyone cares to write any tutorials then please let me know so I can post them. This is to stop all the constant posts for help on the forum but your help is required to get this up and running. They can be on any subject related to the UKDirt leagues.

Support Systems

There are 3 support systems now [uKDirt Forum, UKDirt Website, UKDirt Finances]. These should be used at all times for support in these areas as the requests will go directly to the people concerned rather than being lost on the forum. Again I've set the fields up quickly and other fields can be added as required. Also other support areas maybe included in the future.

Admin Applications

This form should be used whenever an admin vacancy is available. Whatever is typed into the form is posted directly into the admin forums so that none goes astray and also so that all admin members can see them easily. This will not always be available. I will only turn it on when a vacancy exists.

RSS Feeds

RSS Feeds are now available to import information from other websites (where they supply feeds of course). I've setup 2 RSS Feeds for now but more could be added in due course. If there are any websites out there that have RRS Feeds and you would like to see them imported here then let me know please.

There are still a few cosmetic changes to make (which I will do over the next few days) but nothing for you to worry about.

Please enjoy the new forum.

For anyone that's interest you should now be able to choose between a white or black background. I've done little testing on the black background so if you spot an error or something is the wrong colour then please let me know so I can correct it.

To choose the black background goto the bottom of the forum and you should see a drop down box with the option in.

• 2 weeks later...

RSS Feeds

RSS Feeds are now available to import information from other websites (where they supply feeds of course). I've setup 2 RSS Feeds for now but more could be added in due course. If there are any websites out there that have RRS Feeds and you would like to see them imported here then let me know please.

I believe you are now 'not allowed' to post anything along the lines of 'use the search facility or read the posts properly' Mr. Bertz (meant in jest btw lol) :thumbup:

Cheers MoR

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..