virus "spyware strike"

chops660

a mate of mine has become infected with the trojan "spyware strike"

has anybody else had this and what did you use to get rid off?

He has norton, that doesnt even seem to find it. I have told him to d/load microsoft antispy, and give that a try. but was just wondering if anyone had successfully removed this at anytime.

dont know much about these things but did a quick google search and found this spyware strike forum scroll down and there is a removal tool.(it didnt work on this occasion but i think it was due to the fact that he had changed a few registry keys already) good luck and hope its of some help

hello

also try webroot's spysweeper aswell as microsnot anti spy

and prolly th best a/v on tha market esset's nod32 not much will get past them

both you'll need to configure for deepscanning. and also they'll give ya a direct path to infection

settings r not 2 difficult 2 figure out. jus make sur ya go through each settings page + subsections

both available as 30 day trial's :042:

Edited by demonstone

• 3 weeks later...

Hi lads, I caught this horrible little Malware the other day.

I seem to have got rid of the program itself but it has left a nasty legacy. It keeps resetting my homepage and making the system run slow, also the odd crash of the system too.

I have tried a few things but can't get rid.

I was going to reinstall my Windows XP Home (which was an upgrade from my original ME) but can't even manage that as it says my current version is a newer one than the one on my cd when I try and Install and I can't find a way round that either.

Stumped. Any help would be appreciated.

I was going to reinstall my Windows XP Home (which was an upgrade from my original ME) but can't even manage that as it says my current version is a newer one than the one on my cd when I try and Install and I can't find a way round that either.

Stumped. Any help would be appreciated.

try spybot or ad-aware, and run the update on them to get the current bits.

If your going for a re-install, I'd suggest formatting it and starting from stratch. (BUT, make sure you backup EVERYTHING first.)

Cheers for the reply Alec.

I think I have finally got rid of the thing, all thanks to Cunny for the link he posted above - cheers Cunny :thumbs_up:

I tried allsorts including shelling out £17 for a product called Aluria which turned out to be absolute cr*p and didn't fix the problem at all, actually made it worse as is so slow to load and even crashes my system itself :rofl: I am asking for a refund.

The one that fixed it was Ewido Anti-Malware which seems to be a superb program which got rid of this thing and other stuff as well, and is a free trial version, so if you catch this virus (not called a virus but seems like one to me) get yourself off to the Ewido website and you should be alright :thumbs_up:

Ewido did stop all the stuff, but it seems like when I turn the programme off, the bad stuff starts up again and that is a problem as I need to turn it off to race.

I can't seem to get rid of the stuff permamntly, espeically a thing that changes my homepage to some Spyware site, I think it's called Hijacker.exe

Any ideas?

Ewido didn't seem to be able to permanently get rid of it, and just as bad kept doing annoying popups, which even came up when I was trying to race and had supposedly turned off the active guard.

So I don't recommend Ewido anymore lol.

I have now come across Spyware Doctor and this does seem a quality program. It has found all the nasties which were causing the problems and has then got rid of them. It seems to run nicely in the back ground, and whilst I haven't yet had chance to fully test it on-line for not interfering with racing, I am hopeful. :thumbs_up:

Thanks for your reply Welly m8 :thumbs_up:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..