Interesting info from Motors TV

Riggster

They were asking for some feedback about the Autosport Show programme which they have shown... so I dropped them a line (whinging about the lack of stuff from the oval racing / grass roots part of the show) - didn't expect to here anything back, but...

Dear Chris,

Thanks for this, it's always great to get direct feedback from our viewers.

I fully understand (and admit) that you would have love to see more and will make sure that we take care of the "roots" next year.

I've also made contact with the Brisca F1 people, and will hopefully be able to show some later this year.

Best Regards

Fred

Frédéric VIGER

Head of Programming & Acquisitions

MOTORS TV

855, avenue Roger Salengro

92370 Chaville

FRANCE

Obviously not sure exactly what you wrote to them but in reference to the F1's in the Live Action Arena, they're the undisputed cream of the crop year in, year out. It is about time Autosport or whatever TV features they make of it, start giving F1 the exposure they're due...no grass roots about it, they're the stars of the show and as many an F1 driver has proved they're more than capable of taking on, and beating drivers from a supposedly more 'disciplined' background...

To be perfectly honest having seen both examples of the Live show this year (reguar one and Oval-special one), I have to say I was almost falling asleep in the normal one....they were bringing out all these big time cars from World Rally, circuits, and so on, it just did nothing at all for the crowd really- these things might be what the TV and media portray as the top of motorsport but to the everyday man or woman they're nothing special.

Edited by Corny 391

You've more or less said what I said to them in the email, Corny. The fact that every year the oval racing / rallycross / grass roots bit of the show is consistantly visited by more people than the F1 display (FIA F1 rather than the real F1 rolleyes.gif ) is never reflected in the media. Even Motorsport News seem to have dropped a lot of it's coverage this year. On the Motors TV programme there was around 30 seconds of some WRC and some pickups from the Live Action Arena...

As usual, I got on my high horse about BriSCA not being covered and suggested that Motors might like to approach them about covering some proper racing. Within 10 minutes, I had the reply which I've posted which suggests that Motors TV have already been in contact with BriSCA. Should be interesting if they do give it some coverage - it would be nice to see it covered as a sport and not just a novelty act for once...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..