Banger wear

Dragon 428

Could any of you banger fanatics explain to me why a lot of banger fans/people wear those yellow safety jackets? I just saw a picture on Christina’s website with in the background more of those yellow jackets then people with “normal� jackets.

Is it a way of saying that you are a banger fan or so? If so, why is that jacket so popular or is it the synonym for bangers?

I can understand of safety marshals or photographers wear them (the people on the infield) so that when a car hits the infield they are better seen then without those jackets. But I just don’t understand the use of them on the outside of the fence. I got one as well (an orange one, lol) but I only wear it when I have to go out to inspect some road works or road constructions (which is part of my job).

As a non banger follower it just amazes me, the sight of all those jackets. It gives me a good laugh to be honest.

Dragon

edit: this is not meant to have a go at banger folk or so. It's just that I have this question for a long time now but have forgotten about it till I saw those pictures again

Edited by Dragon 428

Lol,

I used to have one when I was regularly helping out a driver as it's waterproof and warm. Not many other waterproofs are padded like the yellow jackets are.

It does make me laugh these days though when you go to a meeting and you see someone who is clearly just spectating (very clean with a packed lunch and family) and he is wearing THE jacket plus the rigger boots to try and look "in".

I guess a lot of peeps like myself, get them for free from work etc. 2.gif I'm not going to get my own clobber grubby, even when i only go to watch i always end up helping someone shrug.gif

Most in my formula (F2) have the nice "Zappelli" suits or simular, in the rain, but i stick with the good old 'coat n leggings'........... or is it just me being a tight arsed Cornishman thumbup.gif

• 4 weeks later...

I have been a banger fan for years but never really understood the yellow jacket fetish to be quite honest. I do have one myself, got it through work, just never felt the urge to wear it at a banger meeting.

It did amuse me last time I went to buxton, a couple of blokes were changing out of their normal gear into 'the outfit' including brand new riggers, in the car park, thought they must be drivers or mechanics, but no they then got back in their car and went to park it trackside, and stayed in their car all day watching the racing, now what was the point of that? maybe I'm missing something here...lol

Edited by Freddy55

I must admit the only reason i have my jacket is because I'm a real pussy and hate the cold - and rather have one of them on than 4-5 layers of clothes... also reduces the risk of me gettin ran over - although probably makes me more of a target when they see who it is! also nice to keep my 'threads clean' when workin on bros car...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..