Offline Heat Racing

Kruiz 136

I know this topic was raised about 6 months ago by ironmac (i think), but what was this thing about offline meetings but even if there won't be file for making meetings in bh2005, i think someone mentioned something about there being one for the old brisca heat, :unsure: so it would be appretiated if someone could post it up here for me. :042:

Thanks,

Kruiz

:thumbs_up:

Edited by Kruiz 136

Probably nobody knows what i'm talking about or not sure what i'm after or maybe it doesn't exist but here is a link to the original topic by ironmac anyway. Still looking for the file. I don't think there is one for bh2005 but would be more than happy if someone could upload the file for the old brisca heat.

http://forum.kev149.com/index.php?showtopic=4581

Cheers

Kruiz

Edited by Kruiz 136

Yes i think that must be it. Thanks. :thumbs_up:

The only problem is that it only changes the schedule for NASCAR Heat not brisca heat and the only way around that that i can thin of is putting all the F1 .car files into the nascar heat game and changing the the drivers.txt, unless someone more techy than me knows another way... :rolleyes:

There is an option for changing the mod that it effects but it just comes up with a runtime error. :banghead2:

Been trying it for about 3 hours now, but no real break throughs just a couple of hopeful moments!

Anybody else know of a way to get it to effect brisca heat instead of the Nascars?

Edited by Kruiz 136

Hi Sparky, I have put a common.res file into brisca heat. Does it matter which one (bh2005 or brisca heat)

Then how do i load it into the schedule editor? I assume you use the part that says load mod. If so what do you type in?

Thanks

Kruiz

Edited by Kruiz 136

Yes that helps a bit thanks, i have tried to register and ask my question on there but i'm not getting a confirmation e-mail. :banghead2: But i still don't know what to put in the load mod bar. Anything i put in comes up with a runtime error. If anybody uses this program and knows how to get it to work can you plese tell me what you put in the load mod bar. :shrug:

Cheers

Kruiz

Hi Kruiz

When you click on Load Mod in schedule editor you should get a window open up with Winston Cup in the bar. Left click on the downward arrow next to the Winston Cup text and you should have a list of all the mods in your Nascar Heat folder.Highlight the mod you want to change and then click on the Load Mod button. The list of championship dates will then appear in the main schedule editor program. Go through each date either changing the details or deleting it completely until you are happy.

Make sure that for any UK tracks you select Day instead of Night as failure to do so can replace the normal sky texture with a bright red one!

Also bear in mind that the program works in American time so the date has to be entered MM/DD/YYYY

Once finished click on Apply Events, exit Schedule Editor, start up the Heat mod, click on Championship and create a new Championship.

Hopefully this helps

Cheers Darren

Strange one this, is Nascar Heat installed in the default location - C/Program Files/Hasbro Interactive/Nascar Heat?

If not Schedule Editor may not know where to look for mods.

If you change the Winston Cup dates, and then play a Nascar championship do the events change accordingly?

Failing that I'll upload my copy of schedule editor to the file manager in case you have got a damaged copy.

Cheers Darren

Have you added a common.res file to every mod folder in your Nascar Heat folder? Just checked on another forum which says if a common res file is missing from any folder it may cause a problem. Have you re installed schedule editor and made sure it looks to the right location (C/Program Files/Hasbro Interactive/Nascar Heat/Run)?

Failing that it might need a reinstall of Nascar Heat or even Windows!!!

Have put a copy of my BH2005 common res file in the File Manager which is roughly based on 2006 season (bearing in mind you are limited to 48 events and I wanted to add Mildenhall and Swaffham)

Put this in your BH2005 folder, start a new championship and see what happens.

Cheers Darren

Thanks for all your help mate. Still can't get the mods to appear in the list even after following all your great help and advice, but i'm not going to reinstall nascar heat and definately not windows. My dad probably won't let me do that! lol And it took me long enough to get nascar heat and the mods working in the first place. ( 3 months then lost hope, 5 months later tried again for about 2 month then lost any will what so ever of getting stock cars on my computer. Finally roughly 18 months after i first tried i have got the game, so just greatful i have actually got it!)

Anyway thanks if you've run out of idea's at least i have now got a chamionship with F1 tracks.

Thanks alot,

Kruiz

Sorry you can't get it to work mate. Don't blame you for not reinstalling Heat or Windows after the trouble you have had in the past!

Hopefully someone else might read this thread and have an idea. If not check the forums at Blackhole Motorsports or Texas Speed Racing for any info, they have helped me in the past.

If I have any brainwaves in the near future I'll get back to you.

Cheers Darren

Thanks you for all your kindness and time, one more idea, if i can't modify each mod seperately, could i change the schedule of nascar heat then copy and paste the nascar heat common.res file into the mod that i want to change.

Do you think that would work without causing any problems?

Got to be worth a go mate.

Can't think it will do any harm but to be on the safe side copy the common res file from the run folder to another location (eg My Documents) so that if you do have a problem you can copy it back.

Good luck

Cheers Darren

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..