my hurricane car

dangerous damo

:042: Hi m8 are u racin in the unders or the overs? as i will be racin my bluebird in the overs

im in the overs m8 its a 1500 with a fettled carb. it wont last long so first bend i apologise to the car in front in advance, lol. tombo ill b in the drivers seat wearing a crash helmet hopefully lol. ill only b happy if the bonnets touchin the boot.

Good luck Damo, is this your first time racing?

Craig

ive been racing for just over 2 years m8. ive only raced at kings lynn, skeg, swaffham and bovingdon so far but im stretching my wings a bit this year now ive got my class2 im gettin a lorry. as lenny said ive got a humber imperial for pre-68 at hedno and from what i understand its the posh version of a mk5 supersnipe and are pretty rare. ive also got a humber hawk to pick up aswell but dont know what shape it is. that will go to another classic banger meeting somewhere possibly kings lynn pre-70. cheers, damo.

Just out of interest how long did it take to prepare the Lada? and if you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for it? i would love to do banger racing in the future but i just need to find out a bit first

:2:

i swapped it for a 240 saloon with psycho steve hemmings but i normally pick cars up for about 20 quid. me and my m8 can strip a mk3 cav in 3 hours and have it ready for sprayin fully built in about another 3 hours. different cars take different amounts of time. apparently yanks take ages to build but having never had one i couldnt tell you whether its actually true or not.

have a look on the build-a-banger website(theres a link on wellbent) or i can send u an idiots guide i made for sashjag which explains evrything in simple terms. cheers, damo.

heres some pics to give you some idea of the kit i use.

[attachmentid=4925]

[attachmentid=4926]

[attachmentid=4927]

post-765-1140567517.jpg

post-765-1140567534.jpg

post-765-1140567551.jpg

Edited by dangerous damo

Damo m8.. Im stipping my dads Volvo 440 at the moment.. and i have come to the dash.. I cant find the screws.. i cant smash the dash off , because the steering coloumn is part of it aswell.. Any ideas where it is?

I would ask you on msn but you are never on lol..

And anyone else that knows please reply.

Cheerz.. 332-Sashjag

i told you on msn m8 volvo 440's are softer than melted ice cream. take the windscreen out. there will be screws along the top in the airvents, some in the sides and remove all the heater dials, radio etc as jack said cos there may be some behind there.

• 1 month later...

Hay Damo, how did the meeting go? do you have a picture of the Lada smashed up? :5:

Rikard :thumbup:

he hasnt raced it yet

oh rite :unsure:

whens the meeting?

had problems with dizzy and gettin it to run but its goin to gd friday teams at mildo if i have to drag it kicking and screaming. ive got to ring rat cos i should be guesting for bad news.

i told you on msn m8 volvo 440's are softer than melted ice cream. take the windscreen out. there will be screws along the top in the airvents, some in the sides and remove all the heater dials, radio etc as jack said cos there may be some behind there.

Agreed.... :5::rolleyes: volvo after 1/2 lap.... ;)

post-31-1143227576_thumb.jpg

The volvo mite not have been bad, but the prob is i think it would have been pretty hard to wire up ? :shrug:

One point i will say is if its an 1800cc sierra won't it be the engine with the distrubtor at the front of the engine, therefore after one hit will get smashed ?

cheers,

Courty334

The volvo mite not have been bad, but the prob is i think it would have been pretty hard to wire up ? :shrug:

One point i will say is if its an 1800cc sierra won't it be the engine with the distrubtor at the front of the engine, therefore after one hit will get smashed ?

cheers,

Courty334

Unless he's been lucky and got an 1800cc Pinto.

EDIT: I think it was the Sierra's they put the 1800cc Pinto in anyway?

Edited by Dazza684

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..