my hurricane car

dangerous damo

Ohhh.. Now you lot have yet again put me off another car, I will just have to try anf find a nice solid Blubird..

Sashjag_332

Bluebird/primera = boring, get a tina or capri :thumbup: your sig says theres one goin to westy?

I no but its either, Trade it in and get 1k for it or race n get folded up??

What would you choose..?

Ohhh.. Now you lot have yet again put me off another car, I will just have to try anf find a nice solid Blubird..

Sashjag_332

At the end of the day, you race whatver you feel safe in. If you want to race 440/Sierra/Orion then do it.

Every car has its faults here or there, just some are easier to overcome then others.

I no but its either, Trade it in and get 1k for it or race n get folded up??

What would you choose..?

Silly question, strip it 'n race it! :thumbup:

Lost count of the stuff that Ive trashed, and was worth good money.

Once I raced a 2.5 trummy at Newton Abbot, the car had been fully restored and the shell was absolutly spot on. I was going to use it on the road myself as it was that clean, but Tueseday night in the yard and it was " So what shall I race tommorow?" Hence one stripped minter of a shell.

At the track, some weirdo kept following me round the pits offering me a big wad of cash for the shell, so just to spite him I went out and mullered it. :rofl:

Strange, but after the race he didnt seem so interested in purchasing it? :blink:

The volvo mite not have been bad, but the prob is i think it would have been pretty hard to wire up ? :shrug:

One point i will say is if its an 1800cc sierra won't it be the engine with the distrubtor at the front of the engine, therefore after one hit will get smashed ?

cheers,

Courty334

Unless he's been lucky and got an 1800cc Pinto.

EDIT: I think it was the Sierra's they put the 1800cc Pinto in anyway?

yes youre right dazza they did make a 1800 pinto sierra but they arnt that common.

took the words out my mouth damo, we had a saphire one seemed quite quick. If your going to bother with a sierra though i would go for a cvh, as long as the lump is fine, fit a decent dizzy guard and you will have a better day, rather than changing cam belts all day with a pinto.

took the words out my mouth damo, we had a saphire one seemed quite quick. If your going to bother with a sierra though i would go for a cvh, as long as the lump is fine, fit a decent dizzy guard and you will have a better day, rather than changing cam belts all day with a pinto.

Alternatively, punch the blanking plug out of the back of the head, cut a hole in the bulkhead, and fit a cvh dizzy in the back of the head. No need for a dizzy guard, and you can always check if your leads are still on whilst strapped in!

1. Matt, an 1.8 cvh is just a cvh with a magneto type thing sticking out of the wrong end of the head. its far quicker just to bash a cvh dizzzy in the other end of the head, after all, your not going to dish out much damage with a jelly mould! :rofl: And yes it does work, we've done it loads of times. :thumbs_up:

2. Rikard, on most FWD cars, and some RWD stuff, the distributer is located towards the front of the engine, and is positioned in such a way that one good hit and it will break, so some promotions allow Dizzy Guards, but others dont, normaly for the following reason. A dizzy guard can often be a bulldoxer blade type contraption, that the majoraty of drivers will say is there to guard the distributer from crash damage, but more often than not, is there to try and assist with the strength of the car in some way ( armouring).

Edited by mcrew

i raced lada samara once with a dizi/starter moter/oil filter.. basicly an engine guard. didnt work though as the strut fell off lol

same old story, you protect/amour it one place, it will bend in another place

Edited by FbF 656

i raced lada samara once with a dizi/starter moter/oil filter.. basicly an engine guard. didnt work though as the strut fell off lol

same old story, you protect/amour it one place, it will bend in another place

thats why loading the chassis rails with steel is dangerous because it will then snap off at the bulkhead.

also i think its jay tomkins whos jag engine cradle has got a battering ram on the front of it. am i correct?

I had a Trummy estate that I raced on grass, and that was welded to bits. I spent 7 days, working from 8am till 9.30pm, welding it up, scaffold tube and box section up the inside of the wings, doors, across the front etc, and the bleedin thing still bent after a few hits ( mind you, I did peel the complete passenger side off a renault with it) .

Unlike my normal cars, once this one bent, it would take me ten times longer to straighten it out again and 'cause it was so heavy, it would blow an engine every two meets!

It was still fun while it lasted though! :rofl:

The lesson learnt was that where ever you armour them up, they bend elsewhere, and they are absolute pigs to straighten.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..