Banger car manager error

Pedz 212

Looking round the internets it looks like this is something that comes up for some people with XP sp2- there are fixes for it but they all seem pretty specific/convoluted/technical. I don't want someone reformatting their whole system for the sake of a poxy file swapper program I wrote years ago though, so I'll keep looking.

Maybe it's due for a rewrite but I only have Visual Studio 6 anyway.

The thing to do at the moment is manually copy (don't "move"- make sureiit's copy)the files from whatever subfolder to the main bangers folder for the car class you want to use (ie the tex files and drivers.txt) I think that should get you out on track at least, even if it's a pain.

it might be to do with the .ocx file that I think should be included.

you may need to copy this file to your windows\system32 folder

then go to start menu, "run" and type:

regsvr32.exe blah.ocx

where blah.ocx is the name of the file, which I can't remember.

Ok Pedz- it's apparently been a problem since SP1. :shrug:

Motto of software programming- if it aint broke, it soon will be...

Most of the tricky stuff in the BHCM was to do with the bit that checks the internet site for next meeting info- track n car set etc and tells you if you're ready to go. I think it's this bit that causes the most problem with errors and I don't know if anyone even uses that (putting the fixtures on the ukdirt site in a specially formatted text file)...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..