help downlaoding

davey boy

i have been trying to downlaod my chassis on the file manager but after it downlaoded a message came up saying the compressed (zipper) folder is invaild or corrupted.

can anyone help me

Cheers

davey boy

OK I've just downloaded your file and everything is fine. There is no problem with the file in the file manager. When you click on the blue bar to download the file windows asks you if you wish to open or save the file. You MUST click save and then extract the files once they are on you local drive. I'm guessing you are clicking open as that's the error I get when I click open.

Hope that helps.

OK I've just downloaded your file and everything is fine. There is no problem with the file in the file manager. When you click on the blue bar to download the file windows asks you if you wish to open or save the file. You MUST click save and then extract the files once they are on you local drive. I'm guessing you are clicking open as that's the error I get when I click open.

Hope that helps.

5308[/snapback]

when i have extract the file, when i try to open it a message comes up asking who made the file and then some options come up saying:

Open with:

internet sign up

note pad

paint

word pad

powerDVD windows

media player

windows picture and fax viewer

davey boy

do you have winzip installed?

Looking at that list, it aint being recognised it seems, as normally, open with, gives a list of all progs on your computer, including winzip

5312[/snapback]

i did a search for winzip and dont have it in.

is there an other way.

Guest Scrapman53
I have downlaoded the winzip, what do i do next.

davey boy

5339[/snapback]

Double click the file and when winzip starts up start with the Wizard interface (easier than the classic interface for newbies). Then just follow through winzip clicking on "ok" and "next" etc and the file will open eventually in a new window. Then you just select the opened file and copy to where ever.

right nearly there i moved the file onto the ukdirt files. all i had to do now is but my car details in. i did but them but when i double click on the ukdirt icon it did not start just stayed black. it has done this before. here are the details i but in:

table Driver

number 380

name David Rodda

chassis asmith

rank 1

race_image 100

body_ style

end

davey boy

OK I assume you've downloaded your car and unzipped it. Then placed the car380.tex in your ukdirtf1 folder.

You should then edit your drivers.txt file and make sure you have the following entry :

table Driver

number 380

name David Rodda

chassis asmith

rank 2

race_image 100

body_style ccar

end

You should also make sure that there is a further line right at the end of the file that has he word 'end' on it. Your file should then look like this :

table Driver

number 380

name David Rodda

chassis asmith

rank 2

race_image 100

body_style ccar

end

end

Your skin is indeed on the asmith chassis because I've downloaded it and put it in my game and everything is fine.

Hope that helps.

OK I assume you've downloaded your car and unzipped it. Then placed the car380.tex in your ukdirtf1 folder.

You should then edit your drivers.txt file and make sure you have the following entry :

table Driver

number 380

name David Rodda

chassis asmith

rank 2

race_image 100

body_style ccar

end

You should also make sure that there is a further line right at the end of the file that has he word 'end' on it. Your file should then look like this :

table Driver

number 380

name David Rodda

chassis asmith

rank 2

race_image 100

body_style ccar

end

end

Your skin is indeed on the asmith chassis because I've downloaded it and put it in my game and everything is fine.

Hope that helps.

5421[/snapback]

i do have a file which says unzipped file which car380.tex is in so i copyed it into the ukdirt files. I then filled in the driver details, then when i go on ukdirt it has got my drive details but the car is total different, paint is different. so there might be something i have done. do you know?

davey boy

Could you post a picture of the skin you are seeing? The way you have described the way your skin is showing, it sounds like the Steve Cayzer (380) car from Brisca Heat?

5463[/snapback]

i cant put the car on but when i move the car380 file, when i go on ukdirt it has the same car so what exact file to i put the car380 so it shows my asmith chassis.

davey boy

sorry for putting another message just that i really want to join ukdirt.

this is what i did with the file after saving it.

went onto my hard drive right clicked on car380 compressed (zipper) folder, i opened it with winzip which then unzipped it, then i right click it and sent it to my documents, i then when onto my documents and clicked on it and moved the file and put it in the ukdirt. when i go in to the ukdirt files i see the car380 with the chassis which are all ready in. But still my chassis is not on. the chassis on it looks like 236 tarmac car which is on this website.

again sorry scared15.gif

davey boy

If Kev has downloaded everything and it's fine on his end, then I think there is something wron at youre end.

Please have another look into youre drivers.txt file that is in the ukdirtf1 folder. You could post youre drivers.txt file on here as well so we can see what is wrong.

The drivers.txt entry that Kev has posted must be exactly copied to youre drivers.txt file in the ukdirtf1 folder.

Dragon

here it is. had to do it myself.

table Driver

number 992

name Group A Challenger

chassis challenger

rank 1

race_image 100

body_style ccar

ui_image driver992.img

end

table Driver

number 993

name Group B Charger

chassis charger

rank 1

race_image 100

body_style ccar

ui_image driver993.img

end

table Driver

number 994

name Group A Elite

chassis briscaes

rank 1

race_image 100

body_style ccar

ui_image driver994.img

end

table Driver

number 995

name Group A FWJS

chassis fwjs

rank 1

race_image 100

body_style ccar

ui_image driver995.img

end

table Driver

number 996

name Group A Mozw

chassis mozw

rank 1

race_image 100

body_style ccar

ui_image driver996.img

end

table Driver

number 997

name Group B FWJT

chassis fwjt

rank 1

race_image 100

body_style ccar

ui_image driver997.img

end

table Driver

number 998

name Group B Murray

chassis murray

rank 2

race_image 100

body_style ccar

ui_image driver998.img

end

table Driver

number 999

name Group B Wobbes

chassis wobbes

rank 2

race_image 100

body_style ccar

ui_image driver.img

end

table Driver

number 380

name David Rodda

chassis asmith

rank 2

race_image 100

body_style ccar

end

end

davey boy

i cant put the picture of the car because something to do with extension.

put i will describe what it looks like.

the chassis looks like the danskin tarmac car on this website, the colour of this car is a red roof (which i am not), it is a white chassis (base) and the nerve rails are red.

If i take out the car380 file out it stills shows the same car. it has got to be something to do with the 380 file.

davey boy

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..