The best track in a game ever?

Nick M48

It's a great track nick and i also like the way those new cars handle, Nordeschliefe will be the one tho i reckon provided it's scratch built. Also looking forward to the new GPL tracks on the way as they have found a way of making real distance tracks so I.O.M should be a bit good. :thumbup:

Show us some bangers Nick and i can asure you the whole of UK Dirt will think about geting rFactor :rofl:

why??

we are ukdirt we use nascar heat as our base game, rfactor is good but what about modding it at least with heat we have a game that we understand, would the model builders be able to create the standards of models we have come to expect, would the game play be as true as it is now??

can we just thank our luck someone invented heat before we look to far in the future and ask for members to upgrade graphic cards and systems etc.

nascar heat and its mods will run for ages yet, a lot of people have bent over backwards to make ukdirt work, before saying " wot a great game rfactor is lets change" at least have the good manners to praise the creaters of ukdirt and nascar heat for their creations.

i am sure with time we will have to move on, but i am also sure it wont just be because a game is better than heat.

some people will never be satisfied.

Show us some bangers Nick and i can asure you the whole of UK Dirt will think about geting rFactor :rofl:

why??

we are ukdirt we use nascar heat as our base game, rfactor is good but what about modding it at least with heat we have a game that we understand, would the model builders be able to create the standards of models we have come to expect, would the game play be as true as it is now??

can we just thank our luck someone invented heat before we look to far in the future and ask for members to upgrade graphic cards and systems etc.

nascar heat and its mods will run for ages yet, a lot of people have bent over backwards to make ukdirt work, before saying " wot a great game rfactor is lets change" at least have the good manners to praise the creaters of ukdirt and nascar heat for their creations.

i am sure with time we will have to move on, but i am also sure it wont just be because a game is better than heat.

I think you need to calm down!

Where in Mitch's post did he say that he didn't appreciate the work done on the nascar heat mod?

As it happens me and a couple of other people are looking at whether rFactor could be a heat replacement, IMO, though heat is a great game it is way behind the times now and for this league to continue to grow it/we have to eventually move with the times, that in no way means that anything done before is unapreciated.

Here's a couple of very early screen shots, theres alot to learn about this game and alot of new things to understand but we are getting there slowly. If you feel you could help us, see my signature.

[attachmentid=5211]

[attachmentid=5212]

post-113-1142444858.jpg

post-113-1142444917.jpg

why??

The rFactor physics engine is far superior to Nascar heat

The graphics engine is far superior to Nascar heat

The online play is claimed to be brilliant ( this is something we plan to test once we have a fully working car and track)

Rfactor is fully moddable and it doesn't need a super quick pc especially for the sort of tracks we use in the uk-dirt league, so most people would not need to upgrade.

At the moment me and a few others are just testing for suitability, it may turn out to be no good, but at least we've tried. :shrug:

the online play that i have experienced is perfect really. cant find fault with it, smooth, can hold upto about 50 odd people if ur server is good enough, and has nice options for adjusting the race settings. rFactor has a great detection system for checking to see if the cars being used by the people joining the server are the same as those on the server. so if anyone mods any of the car files, to increase power or whatever, then they are immediatle kicked from the server automatically. we need to do a lot more testing with the work on this type of racing, but there is certainly a lot of potential there to be used. i can testify that followins are pretty interesting too...

as for mikeymoo, y did ppl ever stop communicating by papern and pen then mate? it was cheap, and was known to work. when emails came along surely it wasnt the way to go cos it would invovle everyone making a very expensive upgrade, and it wsa something very few ppl knew anything about.

mate, we arent saying this will happen, we are just testing to see if it is a possibility. it might work, it might not, but trust me, there are better things coming along than heat. im not knocking heat, or the work done on it, and im currently working on a car for it myself. its just time to look at possible alternatives.

The rFactor physics engine is far superior to Nascar heat

The graphics engine is far superior to Nascar heat

The online play is claimed to be brilliant ( this is something we plan to test once we have a fully working car and track)

Rfactor is fully moddable and it doesn't need a super quick pc especially for the sort of tracks we use in the uk-dirt league, so most people would not need to upgrade.

At the moment me and a few others are just testing for suitability, it may turn out to be no good, but at least we've tried. :shrug:

nick, keep up the good work....looking good...thanks for the time and effort you and the others are putting in......

is it me or in those screen shots does the damage look different?

The damage on the bangers in heat is modelled unless you have vert damage enabled (which u shouldn't for online play) The damage in those screen shots is vert damage calculated by the game engine.

is it me or in those screen shots does the damage look different?

The damage on the bangers in heat is modelled unless you have vert damage enabled (which u shouldn't for online play) The damage in those screen shots is vert damage calculated by the game engine.

wow, sounds really good! is it simple to turn on vert damage onfor off line play? just to test it out? or isn't it worth the hassel

Rikard :2:

Have to say although i have no idea about modelling RFactor seems like the most likely platform to progress to from Heat. The game we have at the moment is brilliant but it is starting to show it's age and the mod-ability of RFactor combined with the great online play could make it the perfect vehicle for the future of UKdirt for years to come. I will be watching out for developements with great interest from Nick and anyone else who is involved as I would love to see UKDirt bought kicking and screaming into the 21st century. Keep up the great work all of you :2: Flyinsi

rF does'nt require an amazing PC to run, I have a fairly low/medium-standard machine* and it runs just fine, the online play (256k down/128k up) is lag free and I race mainly on US servers with a ping under 150ms most of the time and very rarely find troubles with it...hell I've raced on Australian servers and not noticed any lag!

As Nick M48 says there is alot to find out about the game in terms of modding, but I can assure you it will only progress as time moves on.

If nothing progresses and you see fit not to continue work with rF then I may very well abandon life, make a 2litre Hot Rod model, create a short oval & enjoy it all by myself :(

* my rig incase you're interested:

Athlon Xp2100+ (1.8ghz)

GeForce 5900XT 128mb Graphics Card

SoundBlaster 5.1 soundcard (basic)

1.7gb RAM (was 768gb, rF ran fine with that, I got extra 1gig for 3DSMax 8/Photoshop etc)

P.S. sorry to take off-topic....yes Lienz is fantastic :)

Guest Scrapman53

The main factor (excuse the pun, lol) for any game to have what it needs to make Stockcar mods is to be able to make contact with another car and it to have a realistic effect. I've played DTRSC with UKDirt, and while being great at the time, there was just too much warp, lag etc. So some times you would be nowhere near someones bumper and they'd fly into the fence etc. (Very few people had Broadband in those days).

In the last couple of years I've played GTR and GTL (With Broadband) and these don't seem to be as realistic for contact as Nascar Heat.

I hope this isn't the case with RFactor (I've played the demo briefly but can't remember what it was like contact wise).

I seriously hope that this is the base game to use in years to come, as with all things, we have to move forward some time, and more realism and better eye candy graphics can't be a bad thing surely? Just imagine all the better looking skins, damage, Etc. people will be able to do?

Hope it's a success Nick and whoever else has anything to do with it. :thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

Just as a side comment, the best "contact" I've experienced in online racing was in a (short lived, and sadly unpopular) Nascar Racing 2003 banger racing league. It was Nascars, not modded cars, so it was tricky, but the sense of impact was the best I've seen online.

why??

just my opinion, go on prove me wrong!!

I took a break from online racing, when I left people were strongly concerned about the fact people were thinking of testing out this alternative game, Nascar Heat, instead of the one everyone was familiar with, DTRSC. When I came back to the league, it had switched to Heat and everyone *seemed* to be happy with it, to the point that several cars and several UK/Dutch short ovals had already been made and raced on.

Maybe history will repeat itself, or maybe Heat is the "sweet spot" of software that's good enough to stick with. One car model, one track and a dozen people to test it, will show if any other games have potential.

A game that could work out temporary pit-gates would be the bee's knees, for offline especially.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..