Photoshop Printing

Kruiz 136

I know the basics of printing but every time i try to print something it comes out slightly pixelated and blurry and sometimes darkens the picture.

Can anyone tell me what i can do to change this?

Try adding a bit of lighting to it :blink::blink: and what type of file are you saving it as??

I know the basics of printing but every time i try to print something it comes out slightly pixelated and blurry and sometimes darkens the picture.

Can anyone tell me what i can do to change this?

Depends on how good you want the pic. Try saving the file as .jpeg, where you can also change the picture quality, so put that up to maximum and then see what happens.

Are u resizing them at all??? because if u make a picture bigger it will make it pixelated, plus how often are u opening the file and resaving!! Each time u resave it it loses its pixels!!!

Edited by martwisely

try saving it .. again.. save it into a folder by itself

and then click on print pictures at the side.. in the folder where u saved this photo

then click on which photo that u want to print then when you get to bit where to choose the size choose full page photo print.

then ok to print hope it helps

Tell me if it dont fix it and i will try to think of something else :thumbup::thumbup:

Are you still having the problem? Before you go to "print", do you go to "print preview" first?

Whilst in my print section, if i click on print, it comes up properties for my printer, which i click on, which leads to plenty of options on how i want the photo/outcome to be such as, Paper/Quality, Finishing, Effects, Basics and colour and in the 'paper/quality' it gives me the chance to change the picture quality in there, and obviously the higher you put the setting, the clearer it will be (and the more ink will be used, and the longer it will take)

Have a search about in your "print preview" page, your "print page" and see what you can find.

Hope the above helps.

I have tried all that quality stuff and it just makes the picture darker so i keep it on automatic. What does the dpi setting do?

Just to give you an idea of what i'm trying to print:

[attachmentid=5475]

The picture comes out o.k most of the time it just the text that comes out with pixelated edges.

Does anyone know how to give the text smooth edges?

EDIT: The picture shown is a file not a print out.

post-862-1144164890.jpg

Edited by Kruiz 136

Photoshop has never been a text program and therefor has never been great with text in a file in general.

Throughout the years new versions of Photoshop had improved text tools but it's still far from great.

Do you have your text setting set to "smooth" (top menu when you click on the text tool?). There are 4 different settings. ! is with the hard pixels edge and the others are to smoothen up the edges of the text.

Look at this option first. If you have already done so, I can only wish you luck as it'll be damn hard.

You could go and use Adobe Indesign.

Indesign is a DTP (Desk Top Publishing) programm which can combine pixel picture with vector text and gets used by porfessional DTP company's.

On the other hand Adobe Illustrater is vector orientated and you can insert a pixel image without any problems. Insert the image there, and do the design/layout with Illustrator. As Illustrator is vector orientated, you'll get hair sharp text, outlines, shapes, etc. etc.

Dragon

Photoshop has never been a text program and therefor has never been great with text in a file in general.

Throughout the years new versions of Photoshop had improved text tools but it's still far from great.

Do you have your text setting set to "smooth" (top menu when you click on the text tool?). There are 4 different settings. ! is with the hard pixels edge and the others are to smoothen up the edges of the text.

Look at this option first. If you have already done so, I can only wish you luck as it'll be damn hard.

Indesign is a DTP (Desk Top Publishing) programm which can combine pixel picture with vector text and gets used by porfessional DTP company's.

On the other hand Adobe Illustrater is vector orientated and you can insert a pixel image without any problems. Insert the image there, and do the design/layout with Illustrator. As Illustrator is vector orientated, you'll get hair sharp text, outlines, shapes, etc. etc.

Dragon

Thanks for all that dragon it has given me a lot to think about with the different options. I had my setting on crisp by the way. Out of interest because i haven't got the above mentioned programs at the moment, would image ready be any better for printing as that is the only other adobe program i have got or should i just try it?

Cheers

Kruiz

Dragon

If i were to get one of these programs, if i transferred some work i have done in photoshop and printed it as a format in one of these programs would the printing quality be better?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..