New Offical 1.80 Nascar Heat Patch

AlecTPR

Is the 1.8 patch okay to install?

http://www.texasspeedracing.com/index.shtml

5513[/snapback]

yes and no - thats the correct version of the 1.80 patch, but if you install this and then try to enter Jolt you'll get an 'older version' warning in the server lobby that stops you from entering.

Best solution is to keep 1.72e (our normal patch), 1.73 (upgrade) and 1.80 (final patch) all handy in a folder - you can install the required patch over the top of the patch thats in as many times as you want (i.e. you can go from 1.80 to 1.73 to 1.72e in that order) but whenever you join an online server, you need the same patch as the host installed.

hope this helps ........ Wrighty

Edited by wrighty496

No, not yet.

We need to find out what the purpose of the patch is and if it is beneficial for us to do so.

If we do go with this, a proper UK-Dirt announcement will be made telling everyone to do so.

Anyone installing the patch regardless will get cheat messages, or worse not be able to connect at all.

• 3 weeks later...

further to the above, i'm aware now of 3 people who've used the patch and its caused them real problems when theyve gone back to 1.72 so extreeeeeeme caution lads.......

fyi, the patch was obtained from Luckys site, though i presume this is the same version as offered on TSR, and i think the problem was rooted int heir use of Norton av/firewall :S

cheers ......... Wrighty

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..