Westy Raffle for Pre 70

FireStorm

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

it takes hours to get a window out whole beacuse there held in with screws and glue,

just use a brick? :scared15:

You want the window to come out whole do you not? If its laminated safety glass, a brick might work, but if not, you will be sweeping up shards of glass for ages if you use a brick.

it takes hours to get a window out whole beacuse there held in with screws and glue,

You want the window to come out whole do you not? If its laminated safety glass, a brick might work, but if not, you will be sweeping up shards of glass for ages if you use a brick.

Or if your getting annoyed with it taking ages with the glue or whatever the brick could be a last resort, more fun to :rolleyes:

but the tiding up would be a problem :coffee:

good luck in the westy m8 your a very lucky man!!! :appl:

i can think of a few ROAD worthy westys round my way and p5s grannys even a damiler majestic:P

good luck anyway sure ill be one turn 3 to cheer you all the way in ;)

Or if your getting annoyed with it taking ages with the glue or whatever the brick could be a last resort, more fun to :rolleyes:

but the tiding up would be a problem :coffee:

park the car on a tarp, then tidying takes seconds

I'll be at wimbo cheering you on magpye, hope all you heat users will join me :thumbup:

Rikard, are you responsible for the attempted ' stripping' of some of the road cars near to where I live? :rofl:

I agree with Erick, racing classic cars is just such a complete waste of historic vehicles, that should be preserved for future generations to enjoy.

Anyone detect the sarcasm in my last statement there? :rolleyes:

Rikard, are you responsible for the attempted ' stripping' of some of the road cars near to where I live? :rofl:

I agree with Erick, racing classic cars is just such a complete waste of historic vehicles, that should be preserved for future generations to enjoy.

Anyone detect the sarcasm in my last statement there? :rolleyes:

I agree with your second statement, even if you didn't really mean it. It is a complete waste of classics. By all means, use the Granadas, Sierras, 740s, 800 series' etc. Ok, some classics which are beyond economical restoration could be used, but buying a good one and stripping it is totally forbidden. And if I am not mistaken mcrew, you have done this before.

I agree with your second statement, even if you didn't really mean it. It is a complete waste of classics. By all means, use the Granadas, Sierras, 740s, 800 series' etc. Ok, some classics which are beyond economical restoration could be used, but buying a good one and stripping it is totally forbidden. And if I am not mistaken mcrew, you have done this before.

That is a discrimination on your behalf "use granadas, sierras,740s, 800 series". I think that racing MK1 Grannys IS a waste, as I think they are cool cars, I like MK2's, but Ive also raced my fair share of them, so what?. What IS a classic car? It is in the eyes of the beholder, I couldnt give a stuff about a westie or an A60, as far as Im concerned you can strip and race the lot of 'em, just make sure that a couple go in my direction though!

Yes I have raced some ' classics', Trummys where ten a penny when I first started racing, and I wrecked loads of them! I had some that where far too clean to race, some even cleaner than my road cars, but hey, so what, I paid for them, so I did what I liked with them.

I used to sell on some of the stripped parts, but TBH, most owners clubs are a bunch of tossers, because as soon as you aproach them and offer bits for spares, they expect you to give them the bits!

I had a '63 Vauxhall Velox PB, that was much too good to race. I met loads of Vauxhall owners club members, and they all winged when I said that I would race it, but not one of them would dig in their pockets and save the car, in the end I scrapped it!

IMO, if you can get a car cheap enough, and your desperate enough to race it, so what?!

If it bothers you that much, get out there and start outbiding the banger boys!

That is a discrimination on your behalf "use granadas, sierras,740s, 800 series". I think that racing MK1 Grannys IS a waste, as I think they are cool cars, I like MK2's, but Ive also raced my fair share of them, so what?. What IS a classic car? It is in the eyes of the beholder, I couldnt give a stuff about a westie or an A60, as far as Im concerned you can strip and race the lot of 'em, just make sure that a couple go in my direction though!

Yes I have raced some ' classics', Trummys where ten a penny when I first started racing, and I wrecked loads of them! I had some that where far too clean to race, some even cleaner than my road cars, but hey, so what, I paid for them, so I did what I liked with them.

I used to sell on some of the stripped parts, but TBH, most owners clubs are a bunch of tossers, because as soon as you aproach them and offer bits for spares, they expect you to give them the bits!

I had a '63 Vauxhall Velox PB, that was much too good to race. I met loads of Vauxhall owners club members, and they all winged when I said that I would race it, but not one of them would dig in their pockets and save the car, in the end I scrapped it!

IMO, if you can get a car cheap enough, and your desperate enough to race it, so what?!

If it bothers you that much, get out there and start outbiding the banger boys!

Sorry if that post annoyed you. I agree about Mk1 Grannys, but Mk2s and above, I don't care about. Some people think Granadas, Sierras, 800s etc are classic. But then again, some people think that murderers have human rights. Those cars aren't "so classic you wouldn't race them". So, by all means, race all, as one club said somewhere "the modern faceless rubbish", but try not to use real classics if possible.

Edited by erik

For a guy who strips out the mini's and races em you have alot of views on 'classics'. I personally would rather see a classic trashed well and truly than to be attempted restoration and sit in a field for years never to be on the road or drivable again. Saw a mk2 granny limo somewhere, looked a state, would be better gettin raced and trashed.

cheers

sparky

But then again, some people think that murderers have human rights.

Random or what? :blink:

Those cars aren't "so classic you wouldn't race them".

So, by all means, race all, as one club said somewhere "the modern faceless rubbish", but try not to use real classics if possible.

Your entitled to have your opinion Erick but don't preach at those that don't share it. A banger is a banger at the end of the day. One day they will all be collectors items or rare cars and when there are very few Granadas (or whatever other make of car is used) left some geek will moan about all the 'classic Granadas(etc) :1106: ' that were raced, so at what point do you draw the line and insist that we don't destroy them on track???

You're either pro-banger or anti-banger. You can't be wishy-washy and say its ok for some cars and not for others.

For a guy who strips out the mini's and races em you have alot of views on 'classics'. I personally would rather see a classic trashed well and truly than to be attempted restoration and sit in a field for years never to be on the road or drivable again. Saw a mk2 granny limo somewhere, looked a state, would be better gettin raced and trashed.

cheers

sparky

Aw heck Erick, :3:

You've even got me agreeing with Sparky now :banghead2:

:rofl:

I think it depends, if a clasic is in really good condidtion, or not to far from it then it would be a shame to race it, but then if its in good condition it would cost to much for a person to buy just to wreck,

If i was a car, say a Rover P6 i'd hate to sit in a field for 40 years, be compleatly un-restorible and rot to nothing, only to wait for the day when somone would sweep you up into the corner, or just dumped in a scrap yard wilth no use to anyone

no

id rather be taken from the field when theres still some life left, striped out, raced, and go out in a blaze of Glory!!! :thumbup::king:

A colourfuly smashed up wreck that many people can have enjoyment out of,

a much better end then just a pile of rust dust

:2:

Edited by Rikard

Guest Trash

As 88 Speedy Read said on a World Final interview one year, and I quote:

"No car is too good to race"

If it is yours, then do with it as you please.

You can't beat seeing a good classic raced. Saw a lovely Austin 3 Litre being driven through Wisbech yesterday. Took a further look as the driver had a yellow hi-vis jacket on and it was 753 Billy Cunningham, driving it back to his yard, probably to strip out.

Expect to see it at a race meeting as some point :thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

So basically earache, you want every banger driver to leave all their classics in the corner of the yard rotting to hell and never race another one? I can think of at least 5 or 6 banger drivers or banger people who have classics (I include Granadas in that) on the road, and they may well end up on the track, but hey it's their choice. When your old enough and have enough money, make sure you buy every classic you can get your hands on, and put them in a field to rot so we can't see them race, but until then keep on trashing em!!! :thumbup:

Firstly, I meant that classics in good enough, or restorable condition, should not be raced. Maybe if they are beyond economical repair it would be ok. And the bit about the murderers was to emphasise the daftness of the whole thing. Chewy, I hate the word "random" with a passion.

In addition, I don't trash minis, nor strip them. The mini I have was purchased in that condition. I don't know who stripped it, but it wasn't me.

Guest Trash

Firstly, I meant that classics in good enough, or restorable condition, should not be raced.

Why's that then?

I must have missed Labour's new law bought in not allowing them to be raced. Move to India Erik, you can see all the A60 cloned Hindustans you want to.

Firstly, I meant that classics in good enough, or restorable condition, should not be raced.

Why's that then?

I must have missed Labour's new law bought in not allowing them to be raced. Move to India Erik, you can see all the A60 cloned Hindustans you want to.

Labour are idiots, they wouldn't do that. Blair is just an arse. I don't want to go to India. Yes, I could see bodged old vehicles, but, its not worth suffering from whatever disease I get over there.

Guest Trash
Labour are idiots, they wouldn't do that. Blair is just an arse. I don't want to go to India. Yes, I could see bodged old vehicles, but, its not worth suffering from whatever disease I get over there.

Labour are idiots and won't bring in a law to stop them being raced. VOTE LABOUR EVERYONE!!!!

Methinks sarcasm is lost on some teenagers, especially considering if brains were bovril, there wouldn't be enough to cover a small water biscuit.

So you look daft? You said it Erik. :rofl:

Some people think so.

And if brains were fuel, most of you lot's tanks would be empty.

Edited by erik

no erik you may not look daft but your sure acting it on this thread. I aint a fan of the mintest classics being raced, especially when they only last half a lap :banghead2: but as trash said if the driver buys the car then surely he can do as he wants with it :5:

So seeings as you love the classics being raced i suggest visiting the pre70 meetings around the country such as mildenhall, wimbo etc. I bet you wouldnt not go if given a free ticket.

cheers,

Courty334

no erik you may not look daft but your sure acting it on this thread. I aint a fan of the mintest classics being raced, especially when they only last half a lap :banghead2: but as trash said if the driver buys the car then surely he can do as he wants with it :5:

So seeings as you love the classics being raced i suggest visiting the pre70 meetings around the country such as mildenhall, wimbo etc. I bet you wouldnt not go if given a free ticket.

cheers,

Courty334

I' d love to go to a Pre 70 meeting, so I could moan about it afterwards.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..