mk2 cortina estate!

hotrod331

if anyone that doesnt kno me plz add me on msn @ rodder331@hot****.com

or pm me here plzzz dazza,dragon,chops,sparky etc etc anyone just need a few hints on selcting the parts to map as you can see i can do a bit but i get stuck lol!

Well its certainly recognisable as a MK2 CORTINA ESTATE. Only bits I think you need to sort out a little are the front and rear.

The front wings at the front edge should be straight and at a much less of an angle...only slightly off vertical....you have them more like an Fc victor 101 wings and front....hmmm

The rear from side view is also slightly wrong looking...again at the extreme rear. the change of angle from the slope of the tailgate to vertical needs to appear slighly higher than where you have it.. Think you got the back end (from a side view) more along the lines of the Mk1 Cortina Estate which had a more pronounced back end.

Please finish working on it as you have done a great job so far. I much prefer mk1 and 2 tinas to the later models so it would be cool to have them available for uk dirt. :thumbup:

I tend to select the faces to map in perspective mode as it allows you to move the view around while doing it. Select faces mode. select the faces you would like to map, ie, a side or front or top etc. Click M to select the template you are going to map the car to. once you have done that. click on the drop down menu that should say 'modifier list' and scroll down to UVW MAP. click that and then select the axis to fit the material on, once you have done that. click on the scroll down menu again. This time select UNWRAP UVW. and then click edit and you can modify the shape of the bits to make them fit on the template properly. On no circumstances though do you move single vertices, only move the whole thing and manipulate it as a whole, but if you're template is good you should not have to.

Hope this helps.

cheers

sparky

thanks for all the replys guys was knocked up in about 3 hours lol so ill have a play and change a few lil bits and pieces!

once ive slected the faces i want to map sparky how can i just map that bit and not the whole car im finding i have to detach the faces map them then attach them again!

add me on msn please sparky rodder331@hot****.com cheers again all ill keep you all updated

both pics of side view attached!

post-517-1145302145.jpg

post-517-1145302185_thumb.jpg

Edited by hotrod331

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..