BT Yahoo

Guest Scrapman53

Guest Scrapman53

Got an email from BT Yahoo yesterday to say that they're cutting the cost of my 1mb connection from 29.99 to 27 quid. I thought to myself, that's nice of them.

Then I recieved another email from them today saying that along with my cheaper monthly payments my line is getting upgraded to 2mb for the same price. THAT'S DAMN NICE OF THEM. thumbs_up.gif

It would appear according to their website that all bt broadband/bt yahoo broadband customers on 512k or above are getting upgraded to 2mb or as high as their line can handle, over the next 5 months starting tomorrow. Anyone on the bt broadband basic package is getting upgraded to 1mb.

BT Broadband upgrades

Jolly decent of the Dick Turpin impersonators for a change as you say Scraps. appl.gif

Still going to replace their crappy modem though. The cardboard box it came would be more useful thumbs_down.gif

Other BT based ISPs should be doing something similar. I just read this morning on The Register, that Plusnet (my ISP) are going to trial speeds up to 8mb with free upgrades (need to check the small print, maybe on transfer limits etc).

I'd expect others to follow suit- it's something to do with the way BT operates the underlying service.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..