No Jolt time for NZ Heat

Dragon 428

A couple of weeks ago I put a request in for the Admin team to ask for some Jolt time for New Zealand Heat. It was just a request if there were options available, not a must from my side.

After a couple of weeks waiting I got into a chat with Wrighty who explained that for now, New Zealand Heat doesn’t get Jolt time.

I try to sum up a couple of points from the Admin:

- It is already too close to the season to find a spot as most of the formula’s are already scheduled for Jolt

- There is hardly or no space on Jolt due to the amount of mods we are running in the league

- What would happen if someone else makes a “crappy� mod and thinks he needs Jolt time as well. There has to be drawn a line

- Try to set-up a league more like the BWS series do that runs on personal servers. If that goes well and the formula has found his feet a move to Jolt might be quicker on the cards

- It ok to use Jolt as a winter league though

You’ll have to excuse me if anything of the above points are not 100% correct or not right worded. This was the best what I can remember of the conversation. Maybe Wrighty can correcty me if I am wrong.

I just thought I’d let you folks know as I have the idea that there is a general interest for a NZ Heat league, but as nothing is announced or so, people don’t know what they are up to.

So if there is interest for a league I’d say go ahead with it. Just to make things clear, I got enough to do already so won’t start up the league.

cheers,

Dragon

Try to set-up a league more like the BWS series do that runs on personal servers. If that goes well and the formula has found his feet a move to Jolt might be quicker on the cards

Kinda interested in this particualr statement in the fact that if any "Non-Jolt" formula i/e in this case, NZheat goes well and finds its feet as such,a Jolt server "might" be quicker on the cards.

Is this option of Jolt only available to "New" formulas,and what would the Admin regard as the formula going well and finding its feet??

Just curious thats all as probably up until the "Outlaw League" was set up, BWS was the most popular non UKDirt league??? and Jolt isnt available for it, Aint 100% sure if the privilige was indeed requested however tbh??(Davieg?)

Also seems kind of a shame that a mod which has been gettin such rave reviews as NZHeat has been, cant get a Jolt spot for other formulas which haven't a high "usage" as such.

I can appreciate the problem of jolt havin perhaps too many formulas using it at the moment what with a meeting being run from Monday through Friday, and the weekend being used for "open" racing servers, but cant a slot be alocated say on a Sunday night for a couple of hours so a race meeting can be run??, Reason I give Sunday as an example as the vast majority of the time I go into check, there aint no-one there!! unsure.gif and IF a Sunday was dedicated to NZHeat, no other race meeting would suffer and if it is indeed as popular as folk say it is then racing on a Sunday for the lads/lassies shouldnt pose too great a problem shrug.gif

K, That's me away to hide now!! scared15.gif

CHEERS!!!

Andymek.

Sorry to be so blunt about it but what is wrong with giving the NZ heat some jolt time on say a saturday or sunday afternoon-everytime i look to go on there at the weekend during the day both jolts are empty (unless its a pre arranged winter meeting such as bh 2005 thunder etc)

i'm sure some people out there would appreciate racing this mod online even if the weekends (particulaly during the day) are less busy as people have other arrangements-surely its worth a go dragon? 042.gif

Did you suggest a specific time or jolt session that NZ heat would be replacing Dragon?

Looking at the timetable I think most of the mods that are already there would want to guard their time. Once the season gets into swing your only really talking about Friday (after brisca legends), Saturday and Sunday nights. Saturday night is a bit of poison chalice as people are at meetings or out.

I know andymek points out Sunday but during the season I know I and many others go in to practice f2 for the monday night meeting. I can't speak for the rods or banger boys but I can't imagine they would terribly impressed with another stock formula taking a session.

I haven't raced the NZ Heat mod so perhaps I'm missing a subtle difference but aren't they essentially the same ethos as Brisca Legends? I have to admit that I can't see that we really need another league of any sort whether it is on jolt or not

Maybe Friday night after Brisca Legends would be workable, F2s are on jolt 2 but as they have Sunday and Monday it probably wouldn't be greatly missed. I agree that jolt seems to spend a lot of time empty and may benefit from being more flexible, perhaps a booking system, although this is more easily said than done.

Of course once you have been elected chairman you could put it on wherever and whenever you wanted...

I would hope that you don't hang your admin members out to dry like you have Wrighty here. Regardless of what was said in your chat I can't imagine that he would want to be quoted calling anyone's work crappy

Edited by bathyboy81

I didn't suggest a specific time. I just asked if it was possible that's all. The only suggestion I have made was a switch with Brisca Legends for EXAMPLE. One week BL, next week NZHeat as the type of racing is about the same as BL.

Of course once you have been elected chairman you could put it on wherever and whenever you wanted...

Nope, even if I was a Chairman I couldn't do that and didn't want it to. Shame that you see it that way. You are keen on getting me chairman then?

I would hope that you don't hang your admin members out to dry like you have Wrighty here. Regardless of what was said in your chat I can't imagine that he would want to be quoted calling anyone's work crappy

6727[/snapback]

I don't think I have hang out Wrighty to dry here as all that has been said in the chat was in a very good spirit. And what I wrote down has nothing to do with hanging out to dry Admin members.

There is no way of anger or anything from me towards the descision from the Admin team or Wrighty. I knew that it would be hard and like I said, it was just a request, not a MUST to get them on Jolt. If Admin descides that there is no room, then so be it no problem with that.

About calling someone's work crap. I might not have used the right word there (excuse me for my English not being 100% perfect like yours, I am still learning and at times it's damn hard), but what we (both me and Wrighty) ment with it was that the fact that anyone that would make a box with 4 wheels on it could call his game a mod and would insist on Jolt time.

Shame to see that you are ending youre post in the way you did BathyBoy sad.gif

My thread is just ment to inform those that have downloaded the game and might be waiting on what the next step is going to be.

Dragon

I think this mod would be better using private servers via people using broadband as like ma and some other members of the forum who like using ukdirt mods can't race nowadays due to other commitments and don't want to pay the money to use jolt as it wouldn't be good value for money. If it was on a private server not on jolt and free I think we could attract alot more racers. just my opinion i must add.

cheers

sparky

I think you'd make an excellent chairman Dragon, you are extremely talented and you obviously care a lot about the league and the way it is run. I'm also sure you would be capable of working with other admin members and seeing that decisions taken affect everyone to no-one's disadvantage.

Which is why I'm surprised that you consistently take the route you do to get information out.

If you made a suggestion for when to put NZ Heat on, don't you think perhaps it would be an idea to put that in your original post? and why Wrighty or admin rejected it.

I'm still not clear from your post if this was admins words on the issue or Wrighty saying what he thought when pushed on the matter. I can understand your frustration with the pace of admin, its come up on another thread, but at the moment you seem to me to be trying to corner or embarrass them into action, and I don't see how they deserve that.

If you wanted the correct word for 'crappy' perhaps asking Wrighty would have sensible, and polite. As you say he's a jovial kind of guy, he'd have probably released a joint post with you.

What I'm trying to say is why not get in the tent with admin and pi** out rather than stand outside the tent pi**ing in.

I didn't put the suggestion in my original post as it doesn't add anything.

My main question was, IS there room for NZ Heat on Jolt. I 'wasn't interested in when or how, only if it was possible.

It's wasn't Wrighty's words when pushed on the matter. In fact I haven't even added Wrighty's personal words to the post. He was only the messenger of it. It could have been any other Admin member but when chatting to him we just got onto the subject and when I asked him how far the Admin team was with my question, he was under the impression that the Admin team had already replied towards me on the matter, which they hadn't done. He only said what the Admin team had decided.

I am absolutely not trying to embarasse them, if it looks that way then it's completely wrong.

I just want to give info, but if even giving info is been seen as an attack or anything like it towards the Admin team then I think I can better pack my bags, shame though as I have just put my Jolt fee on the post.

This is the last bit I say on this subject.

Dragon

Dragon

I'm not a member of admin, and whenever I read a post from yourself it makes me glad I'm not.

Whether its ' racer in the god and brian league', 'its not the same anymore now there are rules in brisca legends', 'we need to elect the chairman', 'where is the feedback to our suggestions*3' or 'no time for nz heat on jolt', my perception reading the post is that it is a dig at somone. When you add them all up it looks like a manifesto for radical change.

Perhaps I'm reading too much into it, youe exceptional work shows you are clearly a perfectionist and expect the same of others around you. My problem is that UK Dirt in my eyes is getting better and better all the time.

AndI think we should spend more time celebrating what we have not trying to fast track change. I'm intending to be here in 30 years time running the wednesday afternoon retired old gits league.

Don't leave because I've said what I think in response to your posts. I'm no-one.

Thats it for me as well.

coo i almost don't know where to start so bear with me plz smile.gif

A couple of weeks ago I put a request in for the Admin team to ask for some Jolt time for New Zealand Heat. It was just a request if there were options available, not a must from my side.

After a couple of weeks waiting I got into a chat with Wrighty who explained that for now, New Zealand Heat doesn’t get Jolt time.

First and foremost, I think Dragon is owed a small apology for our (Admin team)'s lack of response on this. The use of Jolt for NZ had been discussed in an admin meeting the previous week but no response had been forwarded to Dragon when we started discussing it (and as i recall i did broach the subject with Dragon, rather than him pressing me on it)

I try to sum up a couple of points from the Admin:

- It is already too close to the season to find a spot as most of the formula’s are already scheduled for Jolt

- There is hardly or no space on Jolt due to the amount of mods we are running in the league

- What would happen if someone else makes a “crappy� mod and thinks he needs Jolt time as well. There has to be drawn a line

- Try to set-up a league more like the BWS series do that runs on personal servers. If that goes well and the formula has found his feet a move to Jolt might be quicker on the cards

- It ok to use Jolt as a winter league though.

You’ll have to excuse me if anything of the above points are not 100% correct or not right worded. This was the best what I can remember of the conversation. Maybe Wrighty can correcty me if I am wrong.

the points are correct as theyre laid out, and i think Dragons clarification of the 'crappy' thing is well-put. Our concern at the time was that anyone who is involved on the modelling side might think that all they had to do to get Jolt time was make a mod and we'd let it in. We do protect our league to a certain extent to try to ensure that all of our paying members get the maximum 'bang for their buck' racing the cars they love the best, and some of us did an awwwwful lot of races last year (lol), which is why we were happy to offer winter slots for the mod to run in Jolt.

I do still think it is imperative, however, that a 'new' mod such as this runs in private servers first. I think this mod is perfect 'private league material', and Dragon is aware of this fact. I'd be happy to see a league formed, and i think that it could conceivably grow to a 'bws-type' size (20 cars or so per meet in private servers and more often than not the meetings are very well-run, enjoyable to race in and very enjoyable to watch biggrin.gif).

BWS was the most popular non UKDirt league??? and Jolt isnt available for it, Aint 100% sure if the privilige was indeed requested however tbh??(Davieg?)

i believe it originally was, and was turned down. It hasnt hampered BWS's status or quality at all in my opinion, and again i can only hold up BWS as an example of how well-run private leagues can be.

Im still collecting skins for the first nz heat skin pack at end of feb then i will release it at see what sort of interest there is in private servers on a sunday

thumbs_up.gif thats what i like to see smile.gif

Gents, the subject of NZ in jolt was discussed, and while it was my personal opinion that this needs to start as a private league first, i do still believe it is the way to get the ball rolling (as Goughik has already recently, a server i was happy to join in and ro.....race as i always do wink.gif). All of the admin members had an input to the decision and a concensus was reached that we already have lots of leagues to run but the winter slots would be offered for 05-06, with the possibility of progress on this schedule if the support was there.

Finally, I'd like to say that i was not offended by anything said in the original posts, and that for our (admins) part, we probably deserved to be 'prodded' on the issue. This has been a scary thread to watch at times (lol) but hopefully we all agree that if we have enthusiasts, servers and a steady hand at the tiller, this mod has lots and lots of potential.

cheers ......... from inside the tent rofl.gif ............ Wrighty

Thanks for raising the issue on here Dragon.

I had been wondering for a while what was going on, or rather not going on, with this.

At least I/we know where we are with it now. Ie not very far.

Hopefully some kind soul will get things organised in due course.

what about the minis hitsfan.gif

Seriously tho It would be great to have a sunday for example to have a meeting with a different formulae including NZ mini's etc as both Ben and Dragon have put in some great work for it not to be utilised in jolt. I think there is plenty of scope particularly with NZ to be run in a league outwith UKdirt but that's another issue.

Edited by Flyinsii

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..