UI RES - Detailed guide

hi, i just paid registration fee and when i start up uk dirt an error occurs saying it cant find ui.res please help

fanx venom

hi, thats a common problem with the essential files kit, you need to copy the ui.res from the run folder and paste it into your f1, f2, or banger etc folder.

the ui.res in the mods folder is 0 bytes so delete that then add the ui.res from the run folder.

If you read the post above again you will see that what mickymoo is saying is that the file is there but because you have downloaded the essentials the ui.res file is not correct and that you need to copy anyother version of it, one that is bigger than 0 bytes.

hi, ive looked through all folders and cant find ui.res anywhere is there a reason for this? all i can find is 1 program ui and a folder of the same name any help would be welcome

thanks

venom

:banghead2::banghead2::banghead2::banghead2:

Have u got any other game like F2s or F1s etc??

If you do just copy the UI file out of there and paste it into whatever game your tryin to get to work.

Martin :coffee:

Edited by martwisely

no im new to this ive never raced on done anything on uk dirt hence my horribly stupid problem all i can get is nascar heat and the number in the corner of that wen ran is the 1.72E number the install guide sed should be there

hi, not sure what youre doing wrong m8 try this guide ive put together very rough be you should be able to follow it.................

[attachmentid=6242]

[attachmentid=6243]

[attachmentid=6244]

[attachmentid=6245]

[attachmentid=6246]

hope this gets it to work m8 and remember inside your folders may look different to mine :thumbs_up:

also you must have at least 1 track installed for the game to work.

post-133-1147578038.jpg

post-133-1147578066.jpg

post-133-1147578099.jpg

post-133-1147578139.jpg

post-133-1147578177.jpg

Edited by mickymoo

hi, not sure what youre doing wrong m8 try this guide ive put together very rough be you should be able to follow it.................

[attachmentid=6242]

[attachmentid=6243]

[attachmentid=6244]

[attachmentid=6245]

[attachmentid=6246]

hope this gets it to work m8 and remember inside your folders may look different to mine :thumbs_up:

also you must have at least 1 track installed for the game to work.

lol mickymoo hard to say to the new people aint it lol the people that dont hav a clue

Excellent guide Mickymoo, will give him a couple of days to check it out and then rename this topic and possibly make it sticky as a lot of ppl seem to get this problem.

Cheers

Andy

Good work Micky Moo,

your gonna get your own Sticky Topic!! lol nice guide m8 :thumbup:

Edited by Rikard

cheers guys i sorted it but now i cant log on to a sewrver it says waiting for reply than just stops and nothing comes up any ideas???

i hope i'm not teaching you to suck eggs venom but you must type the i.p address in exactly ie 121.49.66.233 including the dots... use jolt 1 or jolt 2 to try it as these are nearly always "up"...they conect almost straight away on my pc...if still no joy check your firewall...don't forget if your using xp it has a built in firewall,if you use a router it will also have a firewall,and sometimes ports you have to open?? i'm not an expert but i think wrighty has done some firewall stuff....hope to see you on-line soon....

god i feel stupid, i enter the ip address perfectly go through all the motions that the guide tells me, right connection but it still wont connect to a server itll say waiting for reply for about a minute then it cancel itself and come up with nothing plz can anyone help

• 3 weeks later...

i enter the ip address perfectly go through all the motions that the guide tells me, right connection but it still wont connect to a server itll say waiting for reply for about a minute then it cancel itself and come up with nothing, my firewall is allowing the game to operate and ive downloaded and installed all the files needed and it still wont connect anyone able to help????

• 2 weeks later...

i enter the ip address perfectly go through all the motions that the guide tells me, right connection but it still wont connect to a server itll say waiting for reply for about a minute then it cancel itself and come up with nothing, my firewall is allowing the game to operate and ive downloaded and installed all the files needed and it still wont connect anyone able to help????

Turn the firewall off m8..................also the one that comes with XP itself, providing ur running XP off course........LOL

And dont forget this: There is occasionally a bug where you may need to press Cancel whilst it is searching, for it to find the server.

• 2 months later...

thanks mad mick and wrighty i am typing in ip addresses right (no offense taken) but i dont have the heat.bin file any ideas???

Heat.bin isn't installed into the normal nascar heat folder m8, mine's in C:\Documents and Settings\(username if you use one)\Local Settings\Temp. If you are using a 3rd party (i.e. Norton :thumbs_down: (i'm not a Norton fan lol), or ZoneAlarm or whatever) add heat.bin into the programs list by browsing for it then ensure it has 2-way access (access the internet AND 'act as server).....this ensures that the ping command is allowed to reach the server you're trying to connect with AND receives the reply.

Apologies for the delay in replying, only just seen the thread again.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..