Recommend me some PC games...

Riggster

Just installed a new graphics card (Radeon 9600 - not the quickest or best, I know, but a huge improvement on my on-board graphics...). It's been years since I've bought any games, so I need some recommendations... Just seen Toca Race Driver for £5.95 - worth it? Been playing Flat Out demo too... seems like a laugh, but not sure if the whole game would keep my attention for long...

Any recommendations of games I might have missed over the past couple of years welcome! 2.gif

Edited by Riggster

I wouldn't bother with Race Driver 1, go straight for 2- the cutscenes are funnier, and there's more variety in the racing. Flatout is great fun while it lasts, but it didn't last past two weeks for me.

Also Nascar Racing 2003 + Ferrari 330 mod + addon tracks + internet = great fun so far.

As for non-driving games, I dunno? Is there such a thing? biggrin.gif

Battlefield 1942 is good fun online, especially the Galactic Conquest mod (Starwars addon for free- silence, rebel scum! )

Half Life 2- I dunno- only bought it for Counter Strike Source banghead2.gif

Gran Prix Legends, quite simply a stunning game despite being 8 years old. I would recommend d/l the 2004 demo from blackhole motorsports as it has all the graphical updates on it. Be warned tho it is not an easy game to master .

• 10 months later...

dunno if ya can still buy it in the shops but Destruction derby is an old classic , worth buying if you find it

I remember the day i got Destruction Derby 2 :rolleyes: i had had the demo and played the track "Chalk Canyon" a hundred times, it came out in 1996 when i was just 8 :9: and i still like to play it today, i say its the best game of all time, not only cause iv had it ever since i remember but also im still addicted to it 10 years later! not many games last that long lol, its a shame they never done an on line version UK Dirt style cause i recon i would be World Champ lol :king:

The destruction derby races were total awesome, no other word can describe it, the tracks were insanely good, the different cars all had drivers with different styles and personalities, the damage was fantastic and graphics ground shaking!

You can't buy it new anymore but you can get it from Ebay for a couple of quid, i remember getting it for £32.99 in County Mall Crawly lol, you may have to run a few compatibility programs if using XP, but well worth it.

I know that this is a dead topic being nearly a year old but i saw Destruction Derby being mentioned, and i just had to have my say :042:

Rikard :thumbup:

Hey Rikard, i have got all of the Destruction Derby games, DD1 (ps1), DD2(pc), DD RAW(ps1) and DD arenas(ps2). All are fantastic. I completely agree with you, i still play DD2 aswell! Have you been on DD Arenas? It is very good, vertually the same but with alot better graphics, more tracks, more cars and interactive scenery! Brill! :thumbup:

Hey Rikard, i have got all of the Destruction Derby games, DD1 (ps1), DD2(pc), DD RAW(ps1) and DD arenas(ps2). All are fantastic. I completely agree with you, i still play DD2 aswell! Have you been on DD Arenas? It is very good, vertually the same but with alot better graphics, more tracks, more cars and interactive scenery! Brill! :thumbup:

Great to see somone who loved them as much as me :thumbup:

I never got arenas, it never came out on PC :o and i don't have a PS2

It would be great if they brought out a new one on next generation graphics, if they ever did you can be i'd be first in line to get my copy :5:

I lost my DD2 game :(

Thats a tradgedy (not being sacastic) i recon that its such a clasic that in a few years they will become collectors and it will rise in value, good to know my copies not too scrated and still got the old style cardbord box it came in to, all mint :thumbup:

:checkeredflag: Rikard :checkeredflag:

I used to be a DD2 nut aswell lol. Got it for the pc many many years ago (came with the pc i had just after got rid of amstrad/mega driver combo, so a long time lol!) and i loved it, being so young it was a dream come true as it was closest there was to a stock car game. I remember always shouting my dad to watch my replays and i super impressed when i managed to roll it lol. Was never a fan of the DD arena races i prefered the track but a superb game with soooo much staying power. When i got my ps1 i brough DD1, which wasn't so good cause you couldnt roll it, but great nonetheless. DD Raw was good but not as good as DD2. Don't think they should release another one though, let this legendary series go out on a high :appl:

Actually i'm going to go and re-install DD2 and complete it again coz i love that DD track with the pit at the side, see ya!

Good Luck, get to division one and beat Master and Skum!

and get ready to here the enthuestastic comentater shout

"WOW TOTAL DESTRUCTION"

and in my case

"HES WAAAAAAAAY OUT IN FRONT"

then shortly after

"YOUV WRECKED YOUR CAR, THERES FLAMES ALL OVER" :5:

Brilliant Stuff :rolleyes:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..