Ipswich!

splinter

Well done Carl !!!!!! Ipswich finally win something ... just got back rather red all over .... but it was the rite results neither carl nor andy are dirty drivers but andy knew carl was gonna go for the drive round the walll and tried to drive carl into the wall .... rite result shame andy didnt get 2nd but carl would have won it by miles if it wasnt for the back markers not knowing there left from right !!! plus drinks were on carl in the bar afterwards lol !!! before you make judgement on carl watch the dvd then see what you think :thumbup:

Good weekend just to hot !!!!!

Last few laps in the world race were quality i thought 198 would hold on but was not to be, I think he closed the door on 41 who had no where to go so just pushed him aside to gold!

The 1300 Stock cars were excellent especailly the first race when Mungo got followed in and completely snapped! an hour later his spare car was sold :rolleyes:

most other formula's were pretty poor imo except the 2 litre hot rods national championship ( i think! ) where the last few laps were close!

Edited by Knobby

Just back after wachng my firs Ipswich Speedweekend.

Boy it was hot! Came home very sunburnt.

Ipswich certainly is a great rod track. The 2L rods were great on Saturday night. Possibly the best race of the weekend was their National Championship.

As for the big race....well I thought big 'doughnut' deserved it for keeping his cool in the last part of the race.....BUT, I do think he put the squeeze on 41 on the back straight. He didn't need to do it. It would have taken a miracle for Carl to make the pass on the outside within one lap so I guess the decision was the right one. :thumbs_up:

First time I've seen the 1300 Stock Cars and I thought they were great. Certainly thought they were a good option for Cowdie...until I saw the Spedeworth 2L saloons. That is the way forward. Superb entertainment. Think the National Saloons days are numbered.

Thought the classic rods, saloons and thora thingies were great entertainment as well.

All in all a really good weekend, although flying home to Fife actually took longer than if I'd driven home from Ipswich. :angry:

Away to look out the calamine lotion....... :lol:

Edited by NightOwl

very sunburned.. but worth it (my 1st time to Ipswich)

Well done Calvin who made it look easy in the stock rod euro challenge :thumbup:

And 901 in the support race :thumbup:

And young christie in his da's old car, 2nd on the grid is not to be sniffed at - definatly a future champion :thumbup:

And well done to all the others :thumbup:

And well done Portugal :scared15::thumbup:

All in all a really good weekend, although flying home to Fife actually took longer than if I'd driven home from Ipswich. :angry:

Did you fly from Stanstead? I used Norwich. The airport is more like a bus station. On the way down i was 20 mins from stepping off the plane to driving out of the car park in me hire car. Coming back was almost as quick with a 45 min check in time. Only 50 miles from Ipswich as well. :thumbs_up:

Only 50 miles from Ipswich as well. :thumbs_up:

Wish I'd looked into that. I was flying from Luton, but getting from Ipswich to there is just non stop roadworks. (M25 etc).

I'll know next time. :thumbs_up:

P.S. Yes David...I'm still alive! :o

Great weekends racing, world final was erm, contraversial lol, Carl was unlucky to loose his 1/2 lap lead twice, and then the accident with #2 Ken Marriot (was speaking to ken after it, was just a racing accident), in the end I think donut seen repet visions of 1996, both drivers deserved to win it, tho I think those in the crowd who jeered etc at carl dont know much about hotrod racing, as he has and will be a true champion, supporting the class no matter where it goes, 2 seasons back when the british had its poorest entry with only 2 vistors from england, carl was one of them :thumbs_up: anyways, well done to all the drivers(in all classes), see you's there next year :2: or at hednesford or tipperary first lol

I must admit i am going to agree with Nightowl on them New 2ltr Stock cars, i only saw them on sunday, and after seeing 40 odd 'proper' Saloons racing at Mildenhall the night before foe their national championship i wasnt expecting too much from the low 20 on the grid at Ipswich, but boy was i wrong! I personally thought they were great entertainment even with the low numbers! What would they be like with a grid of high 30's? From the reaction of most people i spoke to on sunday,will it be long until we are seeing big grids??? Anyways, just my view, heres for hoping they take off! :appl::2:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..