R-factor

tilly

hi all,

Have just bought rfactor and imo its superb!! but as usual, im a dunce and cant work out a few things...here goes...lol

1. I have downloaded and got into the game the sprintcars, then i downloaded the dirt track for it but i cant get it to work in the game?? Have i put it in the wrong place?? :shrug:

2. Where do i find the updates for the mods as im about to install the seat mod and scrapman said there was an update?? I cant find it!!! :blink:

Anyways,cheers in advance for a reply,Jay

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The track folder needs to go in:

rfactor>gamedata>locations Jay. If you have a look you will folders there for all your other tracks.

Not sure about a Seat update, although I did have to download the 1.11 ETCC update the other night after I kept getting booted from servers, have a look on RSC forum for it.

Guest Scrapman53

Hi Jay.

Tracks go in c/program files/rfactor/gamedata/locations

I usually get all my mods from the modding section on the RSC Rfactor forum as they usually get announced there first and if I download one from there and a few days later get a missmatch in a server, then I go back to the thread and there's usually an update posted.

Rfactor Central has a good lot of mods and tracks too and here's a good link for tracks. http://rfactorracing.yusho.de/index.php?categoryid=43

It's in German but go to downloads in the menu and click on "strecken" to get the tracks.

:thumbs_up:

yes they did but was made for private use as i believe.

CORRECT

Yes I believe at the time when I received the monster trucks that r factor didnt take into account for the size of monster truck wheels. I havent checked them since on the new version.

Stuart

cool so how does the update patch fix the wheel size lol.. if you can get it to work i would also be interested in having a go with them. i seen pics ages ago about them and thought yea boi and with the right kind of track or course they would go off . cheers pk

Edited by painkiller

Guest Scrapman53

I think Nick posted a while ago saying something about the physics not being suited to Bangers and he was thinking of having a go at making his own Banger game from scratch. I hope he gives it another go, but if not, don't expect the new Banger game for at least a few years yet. Programing a game from scratch must take ages with all the stuff that has to be learned, trial and error etc.

I think Nick posted a while ago saying something about the physics not being suited to Bangers and he was thinking of having a go at making his own Banger game from scratch. I hope he gives it another go, but if not, don't expect the new Banger game for at least a few years yet. Programing a game from scratch must take ages with all the stuff that has to be learned, trial and error etc.

Pretty much spot on Scrappy, I stopped work on the rFactor banger mod because the game just didn't seem suitable enough for the amount of work that needed to be put in, if any patches make the game more suitable then I'll give it another go but until then I'll continue doing the odd bit for heat and indeed looking into writing my own banger game from scratch, the possibilities for this are endless, including proper caravan racing but it's a huge task so don't hold your breath, the going is very heavy, alot of it way over my head at the moment but I'm learning!

Lol Jeff. I either work on a Saturday or get out my pit at around 12 o' clock! So that'll be a no! :rofl:

Cheers for the offer though. :thumbup:

Ok find Scrap, ic how you are ;) Just letting you know about it. Everyone is welcome to run. We are working on redoing my league site, but there is some info in the forums.

Edited by freew67

Pretty much spot on Scrappy, I stopped work on the rFactor banger mod because the game just didn't seem suitable enough for the amount of work that needed to be put in, if any patches make the game more suitable then I'll give it another go but until then I'll continue doing the odd bit for heat and indeed looking into writing my own banger game from scratch, the possibilities for this are endless, including proper caravan racing but it's a huge task so don't hold your breath, the going is very heavy, alot of it way over my head at the moment but I'm learning!

all your hard work much appreciated! :thumbup:

i hope we will sometime play your game :5:

:2:

Historic Rally Cars (HRC) v1.0

By: Frank.f55

Origin: Conversion | Real World

Category: Rally/Dirt

Initial release: 11-Nov-06

Current release: 1.0, on 11-Nov-06

Every cars of this Mod are conversions, with graphical update, independant physical handling and sounds.

Content :

- Around 120 liveries of 21 cars from F, B and S groups. 2 Cups are also available.

- 1 track (Alpine Moutains) that can be used as an hillclimb. To enjoy this feature, you just have to choose a standing start in options menu and 0 opponents. Then, you just have to launch a race.

Credits :

Integration, 3D and tracks : Frank#55 - Vassalfada

Skin and Template : Frank#55 - Melo - Vassalfada- Grietick

Sounds : Vassalfada

Physics : Frank#55 - AngeEve - DrGroove - Greeze

Tests : AngeEve - Desmo - Elio75 - DrGroove - Greeze - Grietick - Vassalfada

Menus : Pain-less

Historic Rally Cars Download

http://files.filefront.com/rFactor_Mod_HRC...;/fileinfo.html

Historic Rally Cars Sound Update

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FBNLR34Q

Guest Scrapman53

Yp, I got the lockup on the taskbar too when I alt/tabbed out of the game, so it went straight to the recycle bin! I can't be bothered with things I install messing up the way my PC runs.

It isn't a patch on what I've seen with the Rallycross mod. The cars feel like 200bhp rear wheel drive cars as opposed to 5-600 bhp 4wd monsters!

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..