R-factor

tilly

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yes there is lots going on, and we are working hard on lots of bits at the moment. bangers are taking a slight back seat atm, but rods and F1's are coming along well. we have a few cars in game, and are now working on he physics. i have been given permission to convert 5 heat rods so far from heat to rf. i aim to build totally new cars eventually, although this will take time, so i have converted at the moment to get the ball moving. we are now working mostly on a few tracks, and the physics of the cars. we have no idea as yet when a playable test version will be released, so dont even ask lol just adjusting things for the new patch atm, so ill give u some more screenies to look at hopefully soon

but yes, work is going on, and yes it will take time

yes it is scrappy, and get it from a direct download at rfactor central, not the torrents, as they ares so fast.

oh, and get the F1 '79 mod, as it jsut simply kicks arse (forumla one as in ferrari, williams etc not F1 stockers)

only a demo at this stage, with 4 cars and 2 tracks, but still totally awesome

IPB Image

This may sound a bit ignarant, coming from someone who has never been on rfactor, but from the screenshot above it looks as if the graphics are the same, so what else does rfactor offer that nascar heat doesn't?

You'll regret saying that when you see the F1 Stock Cars that are in game at the moment :rolleyes: The rfactor graphics engine puts heat to shame by far, the amount of things you can do with it is unbelievable, you could spend days just working on what the reflections off a wheel look like!

Here are one or two advantage that rfactor offers:

- Over triple the amount of polys in a model, in other words, we've been able to add much more detail to the models, and it really makes one hell of a difference.

- A superb physics engine which allows real life values to be entered, and its really realstic, so you really get the cars feeling like they should do.

- Sideways shale racing :coffee:

Thats to name a few. There really are too many to list.

Cheers MoR

You'll regret saying that when you see the F1 Stock Cars that are in game at the moment :rolleyes: The rfactor graphics engine puts heat to shame by far, the amount of things you can do with it is unbelievable, you could spend days just working on what the reflections off a wheel look like!

Here are one or two advantage that rfactor offers:

- Over triple the amount of polys in a model, in other words, we've been able to add much more detail to the models, and it really makes one hell of a difference.

- A superb physics engine which allows real life values to be entered, and its really realstic, so you really get the cars feeling like they should do.

- Sideways shale racing :coffee:

Thats to name a few. There really are too many to list.

Cheers MoR

wiked any pics of the f1`s then plz :king:

In that screen shot it doesn't look like all the graphic settings are set to max,. Im sure that if you crank everything up in the options, and set the resolution to 1,600 by 1,200. you can also go into your graphics card options and can usually play with some settings in there to make games appear much much better, thats what i do for Heat and it looks actually quite good for an old game.

rFacter is gonna be good :king:

Just a quick question: Will the physics be radically different? like will you have to learn and get used to the new style of driving? or will it only be subtly different? cause if its gonna be totally new it may favour some of us newer people who don't have as much experience with the current physics.

I think im gonna get rFacter. Im looking on their web site now......

:2:

Does the fact that we are going to be using proper physics and sort of near enough proper realism mean that it will be near impossible for those using keys to compete with those that use wheels? If I need to purchase a force feedback wheel to get the most out of it then I will, just wondering as at the moment it is very difficult to get the car running right wether it be a buggy, or a touring car on keys.

cheers

sparky

Regarding physics, believe me, its dead hard to drive, but you never thought a stock car would be easy to drive did you? But its also worth remember that the physics we're using at the moment are just for testing purposes, and there's tweeks being made here and there I'm sure (i haven't touched much to do with rfactor for a while) so the ones i describe at the momet are probably far from what we eventually use.

Regarding keys Sparky, no chance lol........ but i'm doing ok with a gamepad here, but to appreciate the full realism rfactor has to offer, then you will want to get yourself a wheel :thumbup:

Its almost impossible to do well with keys i find. I find that hand controllers are much much better than steering wheels, i race using my gorgeous "Logiteck Cordless Rumble Pad 2"

I also have a Logiteck MOMO Racing wheel i find the wheel is hard to get good lap times in Heat but may be because iv never practiced with it much. But the wheel is magic with other racing games, especially SEGA Rally 2, which i bought of Ebay for about £3! :o so now when i go to the Arcades i don't have to pay a quid a time to play the game lol.

Edited by Rikard

This may sound a bit ignarant, coming from someone who has never been on rfactor, but from the screenshot above it looks as if the graphics are the same, so what else does rfactor offer that nascar heat doesn't?

i was thinkin the same thing :scared15:

thats cos my pc is more akin to a piece of stone, and shall we say not the hottest thing going... ask grasser

trust me that with a good pc this game does look totally stunning, and everything that MoR has said above it totally correct. this has far more potential than heat

anyone kno the minimum requirements for rfactor are?

as my pc isnt top notch lol and cant afford to upgrade it atm or in the near seeable future lol!

This is taken from the Web Site:

http://www.rfactor.net/

Minium

# System Requirements 1.4 GHz processor

# Windows 98 SE, ME, 2000, XP, XP 64-bit (will NOT run in Windows 95 or Windows 98 first edition)

# 512 MB RAM

# Geforce4 4200 or Radeon 9200

# 128 MB video RAM

# DirectX 9.0c

# 2.0 GB of hard drive space for installation

# Internet connection required for one-time activation

Recomended

# Runs Best With Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 processor

# Windows XP

# 2048 MB RAM

# Geforce 7900 GT or Radeon X1900 GT

# 256 MB video RAM

# DirectX 9.0c

# 2.0 GB of hard drive space for installation

# Internet connection required for one-time activation

Iv just downloaded and played rFactor

[attachmentid=8120]

Thats with the graphics on max, they look much better in game thatn the screen shot looks, also the screenie is just a j-peg.

I had a go in the F1 cars, and they are much harder to control than the F1 Stock cars we race on UK Dirt, i have also discoverd that im just as good at crashing them :rofl::thumbup:

post-775-1154799253_thumb.jpg

Alrite.. wizz kid that i am :rolleyes: cant find out realy wich links i need to click to get a free demo :scared15: so, ermmm, if anyone ermmm... :2:

You just download the file (700mb) and you get two cars & tracks to trial on, ignore the purchasing bits and scroll down to the mirrors:

http://www.rfactor.net/index.php?page=buyonline

I dont think you can race online or add mods but you'll get the idea of what its like.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..