R-factor

tilly

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ok guys lets clear this up. im not saying that yuor stuff aint good andy, it is, but as dar as i can tell, thats basically a heat converted car. yes it looks great in rfactor, and miles better than heat, there is totally no argument in that at all, and well done for getting the car in there. what im saying is that a purpose built car for rfactor will look even better than those pics you have posted, cos a purpose built car will be limited by rfactors capabilities not by heats. therefore it will look even better. thats what im saying. perhaps saying that your cars were poor was the wrong expression, but a purpose built car will always knock spots off a heat convert. i know, ive tried to make the heat rods look good, and while they do look a hullava lot better than they do in heat, they still aint as nice as the prupose built cars ive seen.

I've offered help a couple of times now Nick (above, and some months ago in the editing forum), no response so far, but that's cool.

Sam, I don't really agree - the last car posted is modelled by Dragon, and is extremely accurate when compared to the real car, with sensible use of polys. A good basic model will look good in any engine.

I'm looking forward to being proved wrong though; my point really was that it might be best to lay off the hype, until you can show the evidence to back it up :)

Edited by AndyG

I've offered help a couple of times now Nick (above, and some months ago in the editing forum), no response so far, but that's cool.

Are you offering now? If so what sort of help can you offer as from previous posts I know your time is very limited?

TBH I've not touched rFactor for a while as I've been and still am decorating the house, hence the reason my 'team' of modders are currently working on another project, once the house is done I'll have more time.

Sam, I don't really agree - the last car posted is modelled by Dragon, and is extremely accurate when compared to the real car, with sensible use of polys. A good basic model will look good in any engine.

I'm looking forward to being proved wrong though; my point really was that it might be best to lay off the hype, until you can show the evidence to back it up :)

Hi Andy, been trying to keep out of this discussion despite following it for the last week. I am positive that we asked for your help a couple of months ago now as I did a search for the thread last night. At the time your responses were very negative and didn't really offer any help. Why now all of a sudden are you interested?

MC

Hi Andy, been trying to keep out of this discussion despite following it for the last week. I am positive that we asked for your help a couple of months ago now as I did a search for the thread last night. At the time your responses were very negative and didn't really offer any help. Why now all of a sudden are you interested?

MC

You may be recalling a discussion in which my models were asked for, and I said no, not without seeing sufficient evidence that you were serious (that offer still stands by the way). I can (and have, in the editing forum) offer technical help (I know stuff about the ISI engine :) ), and maybe a little modelling help too (mainly track wise). No guarantees on the latter, since like most of us my free time is limited. So nothing is "all of a sudden", I always have been, and always will be, interested in helping to make the best possible BriSCA game.

(Let's continue this off the forum as I suggested above please.)

To be honest I agree with Sam in a respect, I think its good to take advantage of what rfactor has to offer, and the chance to create more detailed models is something i think should definately be captialised on. I think the screenshots you've posted there Andy, look fabulous, top notch. Dragon's models are superb, the best in heat, and have utilised all that he can to make these as good as they can get in heat

But the fact of the matter is, there is so much missing that can now be added for rfactor models. I have rebuilt the db515 for rfactor, though have not touched it for a while after concentrating on a few other projects. With this, i rebuilt the rollcage so the tubing didn't look 'square' like the original did when converted to rfactor, offsetted the car, much like a real life car, and made it quite abit wider. Also there is lots of detail missing, which has now been added, such as the welds on the bumpers and nerf rails, proper suspensions rather than tubes, suspensions links, the engine..... the list goes on and on.

I'm not saying what you have posted is bad or anything, and I hope you understand that, and Dragon, its not a go at your models, cause if you look at my heat models, they are based around yours in regards what detail I have included, how many polys i used on certain pieces and proportions in some areas. It's just, when i compare an old screenshot that Hooty first took when he got my db515 in rfactor, compared to how it looks now, and then to how good somebody elses purpose built f1 looks when he's spent longer than any of us have working on it, its obvious why we are raving about purpose built models.

Looking forward to maybe getting help from you in the near future Andy, your offer is much appreciated, i think i say that for all who are working on rfactor. :thumbup:

MC

You may be recalling a discussion in which my models were asked for, and I said no, not without seeing sufficient evidence that you were serious (that offer still stands by the way). I can (and have, in the editing forum) offer technical help (I know stuff about the ISI engine :) ), and maybe a little modelling help too (mainly track wise). No guarantees on the latter, since like most of us my free time is limited. So nothing is "all of a sudden", I always have been, and always will be, interested in helping to make the best possible BriSCA game.

(Let's continue this off the forum as I suggested above please.)

Yeap at the time you expected me to make something like a BRISCA mod using Rhez's or something. Need less to say we went in a different direction. Andy I come from a totally different background to you in the modelling world and I have always been willing to pass on what I know and even offer my track models for other games. You came across totally the opposite.

I think its great that we now have an interest in BRISCA for R-Factor but from our team point of view its still some way away. Whilst I am here from the team I would like to apologise on the word poor "used" in this thread. This unfortunatley has been taken the wrong way. Your screenshots do look good but hopefully ours look better :)

Any reason why you are posting GTL screenshots by the way? I am sure this thread is R-Factor related.

Stuart

Yeap at the time you expected me to make something like a BRISCA mod using Rhez's or something. Need less to say we went in a different direction. Andy I come from a totally different background to you in the modelling world and I have always been willing to pass on what I know and even offer my track models for other games. You came across totally the opposite.

I think its great that we now have an interest in BRISCA for R-Factor but from our team point of view its still some way away. Whilst I am here from the team I would like to apologise on the word poor "used" in this thread. This unfortunatley has been taken the wrong way. Your screenshots do look good but hopefully ours look better :)

Any reason why you are posting GTL screenshots by the way? I am sure this thread is R-Factor related.

Stuart

Ok, it seems we aren't going to be able to work together then, which is a shame. Good luck with it though, I wish you well.

(The screens are rFactor btw, apart from where stated, have you actually read the thread?!?)

Edited by AndyG

Stuart

(The screens are rFactor btw, apart from where stated, have you actually read the thread?!?)

Rude!! And not needed!

Stuart

Rude!! And not needed!

Lol, are you serious? You must have some very black kettles in your house. Anyway, I'm done here.

What?

Got a white toothbrush does that count? :)

Stuart

p.s Andy the team certainly do not want to get envolved in an argument with you that much I do know. I know you did alot for BRISCA's for Nascar Heat and anyone who is a BRISCA fan will of certainly appreciated your efforts.

:thumbs_up:

Rude!! And not needed!

Lol, are you serious? You must have some very black kettles in your house. Anyway, I'm done here.

oh dear look what ive started.i only wanted to no if anything new was happeing in r-factor lol :scared15:

Guest Scrapman53

I think it's a shame that modders with the same interests can't get on with each other.

PS. Erik. You need the DDS plugin for Photoshop to do skins. Not sure if it works in PSP7 though, can't remember. It saves the skins as DDS format ready to use them in the game. No messing with MKtex needed.

You'll find instructions on either the RFactor RSC forum or the GTL one. :thumbs_up:

Edited by Scrapman53

PS. Erik. You need the DDS plugin for Photoshop to do skins. Not sure if it works in PSP7 though, can't remember. It saves the skins as DDS format ready to use them in the game. No messing with MKtex needed.

You'll find instructions on either the RFactor RSC forum or the GTL one. :thumbs_up:

Sam Appleton talked me through it on MSN, thanks anyway though :thumbup:

This games just gettin better and better lots of mods to play with some brilliant tracks.got into racing at night now with the head lights on looks well good :thumbup:

I would like to learn how to model tracks, how to get models into rFactor etc, I am utter useless with tutorials, so forget them from the off. I really would like to help in any way possible with this. I have certain tracks in mind which I would like to attempt. I just need the guidance and patience from the guider to get me to the finished product. It is great to see progress being made, at the moment, how is the contact element online for the stocks?

cheers

sparky

lo

i bought the game earlier this evening and its bin propper good fun me n liam in a server doing lentgh of straight jack ups and stuff but i have a problem the side of the track comes out black, can any one help me out or would it be my pc. :thumbup: top game

post-853-1155254720.jpg

lo

i bought the game earlier this evening and its bin propper good fun me n liam in a server doing lentgh of straight jack ups and stuff but i have a problem the side of the track comes out black, can any one help me out or would it be my pc. :thumbup: top game

I think its to do with ya comp specs tombo ill come round sum time and have a look for ya.

Just doesnt look like RF to me is why I asked. Sparks and skid marks dont look right, and by RF standards those lights are could use some improvement. If the lighting isnt correct in the scn file, you wont have any light at night. If that is RF, I can help you correct the lights, and make them look a ton better. Its fairly simple, even for newbies. Ill try to post a better pic at night from RF, you will see the difference. I am more than happy to help you with that. If we could manage to get everyone to help each other out, tracks/mods would just get better and better. The car looks great, now just need to fix the wheels to make it look like they are moving, and your done! :11:

Im sure if everyone worked together, RF could have a great Brisca mod!

I bet even us silly Americans would love it!

Just doesnt look like RF to me is why I asked. Sparks and skid marks dont look right, and by RF standards those lights are could use some improvement. If the lighting isnt correct in the scn file, you wont have any light at night. If that is RF, I can help you correct the lights, and make them look a ton better. Its fairly simple, even for newbies. Ill try to post a better pic at night from RF, you will see the difference. I am more than happy to help you with that. If we could manage to get everyone to help each other out, tracks/mods would just get better and better. The car looks great, now just need to fix the wheels to make it look like they are moving, and your done! :11:

Im sure if everyone worked together, RF could have a great Brisca mod!

I bet even us silly Americans would love it!

its come straight out of heat no changes have been made YET for r-factor

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..