R-factor

tilly

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Iv registered mine to the full version, i was pretty painless (apart from the £30 on me mums credit card :unsure: )

The online racing is good as well, i just got used to driving the F1 car with a load of driving aids, then straight into a server, and most of the driving aids were disabled by the server, so i had (and caused) a few crashes and pile ups, i thought id be the only one to crash, but most corners i went round i saw the gravel trap had claimed another victim, i couldn't laugh too long as i knew id be next, great fun :thumbup:

Iv registered mine to the full version, i was pretty painless (apart from the £30 on me mums credit card :unsure: )

The online racing is good as well, i just got used to driving the F1 car with a load of driving aids, then straight into a server, and most of the driving aids were disabled by the server, so i had (and caused) a few crashes and pile ups, i thought id be the only one to crash, but most corners i went round i saw the gravel trap had claimed another victim, i couldn't laugh too long as i knew id be next, great fun :thumbup:

lol, It's even harder once you've had a couple crashes, and lost both wings = no downforce. Best to drive round with the pitlane limiter on :rofl:

Can't wait to see the much more detailed tracks & cars, choices of night and day racing, wet racing, muck & tyre rubber coming onto the cars, being able to spectate in races, pace cars even could be included in some races. Even more choices of setup. Cooler replays, etc, etc ...and no more 'flying' cars!

What do you think of the collision detection of the game?

lol, It's even harder once you've had a couple crashes, and lost both wings = no downforce. Best to drive round with the pitlane limiter on :rofl:

Can't wait to see the much more detailed tracks & cars, choices of night and day racing, wet racing,

there is no Wet Racing in rFactor....yet! Its supposedly coming in the future but not sure when and certainly no time soon :(

Still a bloody good game without it though!

What do you think of the collision detection of the game?

IMO it's not great, hence the reason I have stopped looking at creating a Banger mod for it until/if ever the collision detection is fixed.

It's not just me then :shrug: shame because it's what makes half the fun in most car games, spectacular but realistic crashes. It will make a fantastic Rod game though, and BriSCA's

Can't wait to see the much more detailed tracks & cars, choices of night and day racing, wet racing,

there is no Wet Racing in rFactor....yet! Its supposedly coming in the future but not sure when and certainly no time soon :(

Still a bloody good game without it though!

...Hopefully will be coming one day though!

Alrite.. wizz kid that i am :rolleyes: cant find out realy wich links i need to click to get a free demo :scared15: so, ermmm, if anyone ermmm... :2:

You just download the file (700mb) and you get two cars & tracks to trial on, ignore the purchasing bits and scroll down to the mirrors:

http://www.rfactor.net/index.php?page=buyonline

I dont think you can race online or add mods but you'll get the idea of what its like.

Hi,

I clicked that link, then on Download Links, then rFactorCentral 1 (just picked one) been dloading it this evening, stopped at about 600 mb, gave a icon on desktop and when i double click that one it says:

NSIS Error

The installer you are trying to use is corrupted or incomplete.

This could be the result of a damaged disk, a failed download or a virus.

You may want to contact the author of this installer to obtain a new copy.

It may be possible to skip this check using the /NCRC command line switch (NOT RECOMMENDED)

:shrug:

Wich link should be working ok? :shrug:

I've had this for some time now, and am just getting back into it again...one thing I just thought of that the game is missing...

...is where the drivers can get out the cars (Similiar to GTA Vice City etc) and kick the bleep out of each other after an accident! Would be a fantastic addition to the game!

I've posted these before, but they might be new for some. An F1 in GTL (same graphics engine as rFactor as Dino says), and only a very quick conversion, a proper job would look much better than this.

If the chaps working on this project want to get in touch with me (via PM) I'll offer as much advice and help as I can.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

anyone kno the minimum requirements for rfactor are?

as my pc isnt top notch lol and cant afford to upgrade it atm or in the near seeable future lol!

This is taken from the Web Site:

http://www.rfactor.net/

Minium

# System Requirements 1.4 GHz processor

# Windows 98 SE, ME, 2000, XP, XP 64-bit (will NOT run in Windows 95 or Windows 98 first edition)

# 512 MB RAM

# Geforce4 4200 or Radeon 9200

# 128 MB video RAM

# DirectX 9.0c

# 2.0 GB of hard drive space for installation

# Internet connection required for one-time activation

Recomended

# Runs Best With Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 processor

# Windows XP

# 2048 MB RAM

# Geforce 7900 GT or Radeon X1900 GT

# 256 MB video RAM

# DirectX 9.0c

# 2.0 GB of hard drive space for installation

# Internet connection required for one-time activation

i best get saving up for a new pc then :banghead2:

god that F1 in rF menu has wetted my pantaloons :o

Please....I beg of you guys....make this Real :thumbup:

the detail in the game is amazing, my computers not good enough to show it off propaly but upgrade soon should be on its way and that should show me the game in its best. im learne pretty fast about the game if any1 needs anything tested or any1 just to help im up for it try to get this going quicker for every1 to use :thumbs_up:

god that F1 in rF menu has wetted my pantaloons :o

Please....I beg of you guys....make this Real :thumbup:

It is real, just we havent let u lot get ur grubby little mits on it yet as its a hullava long way from finished. but we are working on it, and i can tell you that the pics from andy look quite poor in comparison to some of the work that has been going on

this is good, as this is our kinda side project so we dont get bored with going round in circles, and also so we can learn and test new techniques. there are a few group B cars in development, and we are getting well on the way to letting them loose. plus i know of at least 2 WRC cars as well...

will keep u posted

It is real, just we havent let u lot get ur grubby little mits on it yet as its a hullava long way from finished. but we are working on it, and i can tell you that the pics from andy look quite poor in comparison to some of the work that has been going on

Show, don't tell :)

and i can tell you that the pics from andy look quite poor in comparison to some of the work that has been going on

How can you say those screenshots look poor!! :rofl:

They look fappin amazing.

How about real photos of the crowd at the Cov World final being included as the crowd in the game!

The main thing is physics, but I hope any new tracks can be made as detailed as possible!!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..