tilly

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Screenshots look very nice. :appl:

I Keeping hearing about R Factor but was wondering what the true advantages of R Factor are ? having never played it, against the like of Heat. :shrug:

From screenshot and talk i can guess it graphically superior ( no real surprise ), but how do the the things like gameplay (Track and Car Physics, Collision Detection , .. ) and online play ( and anything else for that matter ) meassure up against Heat.

Cheers :2:

Edited by Splodge

In terms of stuff like races, you can only race with as many cars as you have pit spaces. So... Basically, if we make a track with a pit gate that you can enter onto track, but not exit off track so that the wall is all way round track then we would be talking about a pit area so that we can have larger races, and having that added realism of having to drive you're car onto track. imagine thebuzz for the world final, it would give you goosebumps thinking about it.

cheers

sparky

I Keeping hearing about R Factor but was wondering what the true advantages of R Factor are ? having never played it, against the like of Heat.

The advantages that I can see are that rFactor is alot more detailed, both in graphics and with setups etc. The graphics are so advanced that my computer (which is fairly high-spec) can't cope with them, and as a result the scenery is a little jumpy. Also, rFactor has a multitude of driving aids, which would be useful to well, to put it crudely, crap drivers such as myself. In addition, cars in rFactor can have up to seven gears.

In terms of stuff like races, you can only race with as many cars as you have pit spaces. So... Basically, if we make a track with a pit gate that you can enter onto track, but not exit off track so that the wall is all way round track then we would be talking about a pit area so that we can have larger races, and having that added realism of having to drive you're car onto track. imagine thebuzz for the world final, it would give you goosebumps thinking about it.

cheers

sparky

lmao i can see it now :king:

Also, rFactor has a multitude of driving aids, which would be useful to well, to put it crudely, crap drivers such as myself. In addition, cars in rFactor can have up to seven gears.

WTF :blink: , why would anyone want 7 gears on a short oval! The small tracks only use one.

Not sure how the driving aids would benefit much either, only traction control, but that would completely wipe out half the realism we're trying to acheive in a UK short oval mod.

I've been thinking about the driving one way through the pit gate too, and having a realistic pit area on as many tracks as possible would be awesome. The floodlighting will add so much atmoshpere to the racing. It's all these things that would improve the game graphically, not so much the tiny added extra touches on the cars.

Also, rFactor has a multitude of driving aids, which would be useful to well, to put it crudely, crap drivers such as myself. In addition, cars in rFactor can have up to seven gears.

WTF :blink: , why would anyone want 7 gears on a short oval! The small tracks only use one.

Not sure how the driving aids would benefit much either, only traction control, but that would completely wipe out half the realism we're trying to acheive in a UK short oval mod.

I've been thinking about the driving one way through the pit gate too, and having a realistic pit area on as many tracks as possible would be awesome. The floodlighting will add so much atmoshpere to the racing. It's all these things that would improve the game graphically, not so much the tiny added extra touches on the cars.

driving aids :rofl: erik u will need them wen ur gettin fired up a post

Edited by tilly

I thought the conclusion was that rFactor wouldn't be suitable for bangers, so I won't be fired up a post, as you, Darcy etc will not be able to race against me.

Driving Aids? I think it's more that aids are effecting his driving!

At least you won't be able to put me up a post in rFactor if there is no bangers....as you don't take part in proper racing.

I'd love to see Saloonstox and Hotrod mods made for rFactor though. And 8 litre tractors.

Edited by erik

At least you won't be able to put me up a post in rFactor if there is no bangers....as you don't take part in proper racing.

I'd love to see Saloonstox and Hotrod mods made for rFactor though. And 8 litre tractors.

ill just have to do it in nascar heat then:)

I need stability control on, otherwise the cars are about as stable as an MFI wardrobe.

Learne to drive then lol.

cmon we need stocks out there i get bored of noncontact and end up doing people lol

Edited by tilly

I Keeping hearing about R Factor but was wondering what the true advantages of R Factor are ? having never played it, against the like of Heat.

The advantages that I can see are . . . . The graphics are so advanced that my computer (which is fairly high-spec) can't cope with them, and as a result the scenery is a little jumpy. . . .

That no advantage, flash graphics are all well and good but if it effect the smooth running of a race it a waste of time. Brint back Outrun and Space invaders :scared15:

The advantages that I can see are . . . . The graphics are so advanced that my computer (which is fairly high-spec) can't cope with them, and as a result the scenery is a little jumpy. . . .

That no advantage, flash graphics are all well and good but if it effect the smooth running of a race it a waste of time. Brint back Outrun and Space invaders :scared15:

its probaly cos erik has everything on full blast which you will need a top notch pc to play on :scared15:

No matter what game we're using...

No matter what the formula...

No matter what the rules...

We WILL hunt you down...

You WILL be eating posts / concrete / hay bales / your words...

Regards,

Chewy102

Just a few pics of stuff weve been working on. :coffee:

Just to make this thread more Old Skool...

Yer banger has a '3' on it thats too pointy and this makes it crap.... :scared15:

Everything else looks Fandabbydosy!! :appl:

Well done lads I can't wait til its all ready but I am a little concerned that you are deliberately holding back the development and release of UKfactor / BriSCAfactor (can I Copyright that? :rofl: ) in order that you have all mastered the game before the rest of us!!! :rolleyes:

Now what about a New & Improved Cowdie?? :coffee:

Edited by Chewy102

been reading this with great interest over the last week or so and find it a great shame that the guys who are trying to make Brisca work in rfactor can`t seem to get on.I`m not saying you have to like one another but if you really want this to happen then why not bury the hatchet and pull in the same direction.The work you guys are doing looks stunning so it would be a real shame if we never have a chance to use it.cheers Fozz

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..