R-factor

tilly

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If its like the other mods, i had to extract all the files separately.

I have to race all cars from the cockpit when i am using a wheel. Getting rFactor locking up just now and then getting a message from my graphics card saying it wasn't receiving enough power.

Probably right as i have pretty much everything on max. I am on an Antec 350w which is an extremely good psu, even though its only 350. I will just upgrade it though to something slightly bigger.

Probably right as i have pretty much everything on max. I am on an Antec 350w which is an extremely good psu, even though its only 350. I will just upgrade it though to something slightly bigger.

Some cards require 350-400w ps. Then add on cd-roms, fans, hd's, disk drives, etc, it can zap power fairly quickly. So not to worry, I strapped on a 700w ps.

You also have to remember though, some psu's quote 650w, when in reality they will probably only give out about 450-500w. At least with the antec you are guranteed the full 350w.

I am definitely going to upgrade it though, my system needs a bit more power for its spec, but rFactor is an extremely demanding game.

Edited by Allan268

Guest Scrapman53

Stu. If it's a RAR file you got, just extract it all to your main Rfactor folder. You will have "Gamedata, RFM and somwetimes a UI folder" They just overwrite what's already there without deleting any important stuff.

If it's an installer, it should already be pointing to your RFactor folder. :thumbs_up:

Allan. In Custom PC mag last year, Seasonic PSUs had the best efficency rating of the lot. They tested a lot of PSUs from different manufacturers. Typical, the review came out a month after I'd spent a lot on an Enermax niosetaker 600w. :banghead2:

Guest Scrapman53

PS. Make sure you get the 1.1 update for the Seats. They're far too taily in the original mod.

ETTC 2003 is the latest one I've been racing online, they're a lot easier to control when the backend comes out, lol.

It's like a new game every week just now with all the mods that are coming out, money well spent I think.

Well I thought it was funny :042: Here is a WIP of Ipswich, there are still some minor changes Im working on. Few things Ive forgot to change, few things I keep seeing thats new, but I would say 95% done in this pic. Ill try to post better quality pics later.

IPB Image

:surprise: They look awesome, keep up the good work lads, i cant wait. :thumbup:

Really cannot wait for the National rFactor Mod :5:

Try this link for mods http://www.rfactorcentral.com/

Trying to get my hands on a copy of heat so I can come and do some racing with you guys before the RF mod gets here :thumbup:

I tried downloading the free trial game, but my computer wouldn't let me install it, it said it didn't pass safety checks or something. :banghead2::banghead2::banghead2:

:surprise: They look awesome, keep up the good work lads, i cant wait. :thumbup:

Trying to get my hands on a copy of heat so I can come and do some racing with you guys before the RF mod gets here :thumbup:

I tried downloading the free trial game, but my computer wouldn't let me install it, it said it didn't pass safety checks or something. :banghead2::banghead2::banghead2:

What are your PC specs, and what operating system are you running ?

Edited by drumbstick

I am using Windows XP, not sure what the comp specs are, my dad deals with that sort of stuff and i won't see him until tommorow. But it should be good enough as it is a top of the range Dell. :shrug:

What are your PC specs, and what operating system are you running ?

Thanks Scrap and everyone else. With some help from some trusty LPC groupies, I feel we were able to get this track as close as possible without going overboard and hurting fps. I will post a few more pics over at rf central, and have posted a few of Sexbierum. If you all didnt see, there was a sneak peek of one of the hot rods also...

http://www.rfactorcentral.com/

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..