Wakey Wakey

Corny 391

Seeing as this part of the forum hasn't been used yet, I thought I'd post a topic just for the sake of it.

So for all you F1 enthusiasts out there, just a few questions to get your memories jogged.......

1) At one point, it looked like the Friday October 9th 1996 meeting might be Bradford's last...however it managed another year of top action. On the night, which high-profile driver got the gates slammed shut on him before the Final, and showed his displeasure by speeding back up the bank?

2) A rare occurance this, but one driver managed to roll TWICE in the same race, during the Bradford 1994 WF meeting consolation- name the driver.

3) Who raced the #535 car during the 1988 season?

4) Which prominent F1 driver described the Cowdenbeath track/layout as 'dangerous' in a newspaper interview, following the F1's first visit there?

5) The 1997 World Final took place at Bradford- but where was it scheduled to be held in the original fixture list that year?

6) Swaffham staged its last F1 meeting in 2001, who won the last race there?

7) Who looked as though he would get into the 1991 World as a reserve, when Neil Brigg withdrew after the original false start, but then having driven out onto the track saw his chance disappear when Brigg re-emerged before the restart?

8) And finally, who was driving the pink Alastair Forsyth car during the 1998 World Final meeting at Coventry?

Thx,

Corny

Q1) 55 Bert Finnikin

Q2) 277 Martin Southwell

Q3) Dave Cusack

Q4) 247 Gary Castell

Q5) Coventry

Q6) --- (would've been a guess)

Q7) 6 Phil Wheelton

Q8) --- (Knew 318 did)

So I can tell you I scored 3 points (inc no.8) biggrin.gif

I thought that Stav, but I was toying with the fact that its called the "Millenium Stadium" so it wasnt open in 1997 ?

More than likely wrong in that - but did think about Cardiff.

rolleyes.gif

It looks as though this one is now complete with Chevy having answered Q1 correctly with Andy Smith, and Darren getting Q5 with Sheffield having been pencilled in for the '97 WF. AS for the date of that Bradford hehe it must have been the 4th, 11th or 18th then not too sure just thought of these off the top of my head, know it was a Friday anyway rolleyes.gif

Thx and Merry Xmas to all,

Corny

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..