rFactor - First thoughts + Post your setup! (PC)

Allan268

Download the rFactor demo a few weeks ago.

First thoughts was the engine was excellent, great handling and so much potential. The let down at first was i was too lazy to get my wheel out the cupboard.

Finally bit the bullet today and what can i say. Gobsmacked, absolutely superb response to the wheel, so good i just bought the game. The good old trusty MS Sidewinder FF wheel came through on this game and i can't wait until we get the Stock Cars on this.

Anyway i thought i would use this thread as a "post your setup sort of thread", so heres mine.

post-452-1160149811.jpg

The only thing I can think of which I dislike about rFactor is the "musicy" sort of noise the engines make. I can't take a picture of my setup ATM but I use a Logitech "Dual Action" controller now, having intially used the keyboard.

First thoughts was the engine was excellent, great handling and so much potential. The let down at first was i was too lazy to get my wheel out the cupboard.

Finally bit the bullet today and what can i say. Gobsmacked, absolutely superb response to the wheel, so good i just bought the game. The good old trusty MS Sidewinder FF wheel came through on this game and i can't wait until we get the Stock Cars on this.

Anyway i thought i would use this thread as a "post your setup sort of thread", so heres mine.

Do you sit on the toilet to race or is your PC under the stairs? It sure looks like a small room to me.

I've had rF over a year so no point in my 1st impressions, but my continuing impressions are that it gets better every week. The recent V8Factor mod is superb, the amount of tracks is staggering and I'm loving Hidden Valley at the moment.

Anyway heres my pic, excuse the poor phone quality...note my fave drink alongside my fave V8 Team :D

Roll On Bathurst!

[attachmentid=9889]

IGNORE the pink flowery stool....its a mirage or something :blush:

post-845-1160215105.jpg

Edited by MarcG

Do you sit on the toilet to race or is your PC under the stairs? It sure looks like a small room to me.

It's the corner of my front room, i sit on an old scabby chair to race. :)

Not got round to getting myself RFactor as yet,aint sure if my ole PC can cope with it to be honest.Have had it for over 6 years now and the only "upgrades" to it being a NVidia 128Mb Graphics card and an extra 256 of RAM knocking it up to a whopping 384. :rolleyes:

Probably better just holding off just now until I can do a decent upgrade and get RFactor when that happens..

Here's my PC setup......

post-47-1160404506_thumb.jpg

Guest Scrapman53

Do you race with the wheel there Andy? If so it must be like Harry Burgoyne going round the bends. :thumbup::rofl:

PS. Ive used a MS wheel for 6 years and recently bought a DFP. Needless to say, the DFP is back in the box and only comes out when I need a clutch pedal for RFactor.

Edited by Scrapman53

Guest Scrapman53

Here's my mess. Lol.

Note the cd cases to tilt the keyboard as someone broke one of the feet off it, the rubber hanging off the steeringwheel grips and just the general clutter.

I sometimes use a fresnel lense for RFactor and it's really good. But I can't use it the same for Heat.

I'm hopefully going to make my own raceframe, got a bucket seat up the loft waiting. The desk takes up too much room.

post-60-1160522027.jpg

Note to Andymek: lose the white wrist-strap lol. Why the heck they put white headphones and wrist strap with black PSP's is beyond me!! Mine is still in the box I think!

My turn to post what I have...

Main RF Comp... Core 2 Duo Extreme, ATI 1900 XT 512 MB PCI-E, 2gb DC DDR2 5300, 400gb HD, 700w ps, 20.1 Samsung monitor, Logitech Z4 speakers, and Momo wheel.

Old RF Comp... P4 3.0, ATI 700 XT 256mb PCI, 1.5 GB DDR 400, 500w PS, 40gb/120gb HDs, 15 NEC monitor, Logitech headset (wifes comp, dont want to hear her games).

3rd comp is an old crappy Celeron that will be my TS comp for racing and BF2.

So I told my wife to take a pic of me while racing RF, soooooooo, who can guess what track Im at? LPC Members do not answer...

IPB Image

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..