f1 paint jobs

gazj107

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Please don't bite here..but IMO i think you should stick with ur honda civic hotrod u paintedd not that long ago ( it was the best skin uve ever done and its really good ) and then work from that to do both of ur f1 skins :thumbs_up:

Edited by martin379

The F1 looks good, but in my opinion I think that the pink and white chequered patch is an Extreme acquired taste, I don't think it suites the rest of the car and makes it look a bit odd, if you want some checks on it I think it would look better if you only use one colour and make them a bit bigger and wavy (like my current bangers)

IPB Image

Its just at the moment it looks like you finished the skin, then released you have missed a patch and so thought "I know, il wack some checks on it to fill the space" sorry if that sounds a little harsh, but apart from that i think its a decent skin :thumbs_up:

The F1 looks good, but in my opinion I think that the pink and white chequered patch is an Extreme acquired taste, I don't think it suites the rest of the car and makes it look a bit odd, if you want some checks on it I think it would look better if you only use one colour and make them a bit bigger and wavy (like my current bangers)

IPB Image

Its just at the moment it looks like you finished the skin, then released you have missed a patch and so thought "I know, il wack some checks on it to fill the space" sorry if that sounds a little harsh, but apart from that i think its a decent skin :thumbs_up:

I agree, it might look less rushed if you put you number or something over the top?

Samson, if you want to follow Rikard's advice regarding your F1 skin, you may find it easier to use the following cheques if you aren't already. If you want to make them wavy (assuming you're using Photoshop) go to Filter, then Distort and try one of those effects :thumbup:

[attachmentid=11395]

Checks.zip

:shrug:

Nice skin :thumbup:

The same goes for many of the cars posted on this thread, well done guys.

Personally, I find F1s and F2s the hardest to get to look good (and I've never succeeded yet :rofl: ). I might attempt a shale skin at some point also.

Personally, I find F1s and F2s the hardest to get to look good (and I've never succeeded yet :rofl: ). I might attempt a shale skin at some point also.

Its probably easier for people who watch them more frequently to make good a job of an F1 skin as they are used to how they look and know what looks good on a skin from real life :thumbs_up:

The same goes for me, i enjoy painting F1 skins but i cant seem to do very good jobs with Bangers and Hot Rods.

Cheers

Kruiz

Its probably easier for people who watch them more frequently to make good a job of an F1 skin as they are used to how they look and know what looks good on a skin from real life :thumbs_up:

The same goes for me, i enjoy painting F1 skins but i cant seem to do very good jobs with Bangers and Hot Rods.

Cheers

Kruiz

Agreed, I've only been to 2 F1 meetings (worth the journey). I see bangers regularly during the Crimond season, but I still can't do very good jobs of skins :lol:. Some of the banger skins are nothing like what I see in real life, perhaps drivers from down South spend more money on paintjobs?

Edited by erik

its true sorry to hi jack the thread but i can paint a smart banger but if i try and paint a f1/2 it ends up looking like ive just stuck decals on it where as my bangers imo look real! maybe coz ive only been to two f1 meetings been o a few superstox meetings but cant seem to paint one any good! this was my smart car winning car from tnb's world final meeting '06!

post-517-1164077451.jpg

Hot rod,

That's a very impressive banger mate. Probably the smartest banger i've seen on here in ages to be honest. It really does put the F1's earlier on, to shame to be fair.

Keep up the good work,

Hack

Not GazJ's F1s, imo there probably just as good as each other.

hi lads wondering if use could help, i have tried a number of times to cut my the checkered flag decals out like on allans skin,but i cant do it it turns out all round at the end. please would someone be able to post a few up ain a few differet colours and styles etc etc? ;)

think ya right there hack ! that f1 does look mint and puts a few to shame but its nice to see all painted cars not just the mint ones ,bet ur busy painting cars for people to use for 2007 as u are probaly so good u self and always having nice looking cars , so dont be shy to ask him for a paint job people :rofl:

Edited by gazj107

Nah, i just don't like the fact that everyone gives it 'big licks' to something that is average. I don't understand it. I never said it was terrible, nor say you didn't put the time in, and your hard work wasn't appreciated...but at te end of the day, i just don't think somethings are what they could be, and should be. For instance, people that just fire on decals...that's easy to do. Slight differences in making your own sign, and resizing another made you can notice, maybe not obviously.

I liked it when Dragon came on and gave great advise and was straight with people. I honestly think that is lacking these days, and everyone wants to patter things up (not directly at yourself..) and get round an ok skin by saying its ' the dogs [b][color=red]FILTERED[/color][/b]'. Quite frankly, what's wrong with saying something puts somethign else to shame? Do you have to be in a special group? Do we all have to be nicey nice lovey lovey these days?

My skins are terrible, hence the reason i don't do them chap. My attempts are pretty dire, but when you work from 9am until 11pm with only a few hours break and a day off, it's pretty hard to do a half decent skin, and then...we all draw lines in different places, you can paint a skin, i want to relax...

I'll happily knock up a skin, just so you can mock me. I won't be bitter and twisted about it.

I'm just glad i'm not one of the two faced people about :coffee:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..