closed club???

Guest jakey

Sorry to moan guys, but are you just a closed boys club or do you let outsiders in????.I like this form of racing and I like this mod but why hide the drivers texts?.I have downloaded most mods that I would like to play and often ,especially bangers and scc and f2 I just get to choose 1 novice car and get to race the other differrent TYPES of novice car .I know the problem is drvrs txt so why no downloads for them .Why as a newbie can I not practise against a realistic ai field.I have no interest for just red plain cars.I have asked for these txts but.......

At THIS RATE of help YOU GUYS better buy RFACTOR and get ready for the short oval/us dirt mods that will move short circuit on for ever!!

As far I know there arn't any drivers text for the ukdirt games, although there maybe some I don't know about (there is a drivers.txt however in the Legends version of Ukdirt Bangers for offline use). The reason for not having drivers.txt is because they are not needed to race online and this is an online racing league.

To race mods offline, you will need to download different games that include real skins and numerous amounts of ai cars; ie BriSCA Heat, F2 Heat, SSC Heat, Banger Heat, National Heat etc.

BriSCA F1 - http://briscaheat.co.uk/

BriSCA F2 - http://ukdirtf2.co.uk/brisca_heat_f2.htm

I don't know where (if anywhere) the other mods are now hosted but you could try F1 & F2 to start with. Maybe other members could tell you where the other mods are?

Hope this helps,

Kruiz

I have asked for these txts but.......

At THIS RATE of help YOU GUYS better buy RFACTOR and get ready for the short oval/us dirt mods that will move short circuit on for ever!!

Try doing a search for the drivers text using the search tool in the toolbar.

Here's a link for the f2 drivers text which was done approx a year ago-it took me about 3 minutes to find!

http://forum.kev149.com/index.php?showtopic=9691&hl=

At this rate of help.....blah blah blah.......

Try moving on yourself and pay some money to have a real race in JOLT rather than the UNrealistic AI cars.

Here is the F2 drivers text i did just some days ago.. took me some hours but hope i got all drivers right. Bad that only the first 100 are listed in Heat

But very very good of you to have the patience to do them m8.

As someone who puts together the skin packs (1/2 a month during the season) the reason that I don't do drivers texts is that new drivers come in and existing drivers change chassis pretty often, so it would require a new drivers text every time.

- The 100 car limit means you'd have to make a decision on who to put in and leave out (its quite a big closed club).

- Also the smallest typo or mistake could potentially knacker EVERYONES game, and you'd have to then release a fix to sort it.

- As has been pointed out UK Dirt is a game for racing on line - if you want an offline game with a drivers text get the Heat versions. Besides how 'realistic' and exciting is it going to be for you racing offline against me, Kendo, Pskyo or Kruiz? I didn't realise I was that famous.

- You've been a member on this forum since August 2005, all 4 of your posts have got a response that explained how you could sort this 'problem'. Why haven't you managed to figure out how to alter the drivers text yourself? We're not all not all hyper intelligent super beings, (well I am, not sure about the rest of them).

This is the largest and best online league in Britain/ Europe (World?) its open to ANYONE who wants to join and contribute towards the hire of the JOLT servers. Its the league and the people in it that make the game not vice versa.

Instead of sitting on the sidelines playing with yourself why not get involved and see how good it is? Sorry if this sounds sarky but frankly you started it.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..