Warping

watto

Hope someone can solve my issue and avoid me getting more frustrated!

Again last night in the F2 meeting I was warping in my first heat and suffered disco issue most of the evening in chat resulting in me quiting for everyones sake.

I always run end it all before each heat (Twice).

I close my email etc and messenger fully.

I switch of my anti-virus for the duration of the meeting.

I have good upload and download speeds and the ping is normally ok. Was about 140ish last night

I re-booted tonight which seemed to fix the warp but I had disco issues from chat.

I have looked at the tweaking guide and think I have tried most things.

Any other ideas?

My system is a Packard Bell running a pentium 4 processor 3.06ghz and 512mb of RAM.

May be ISP? (Virgin) but to be fair virgin is as good as my previous provider.

May be ISP? (Virgin) but to be fair virgin is as good as my previous provider.

There lays your problem, I'm with Virgin too, although I've already cancelled and will be changed in a few weeks. Virgin have taken on too many customers by their own admission, I've been on to their customer service a few times for a date for when it'll be sorted but they say they cannot give me a date, so I'm switching ISP. A quick search of the net for 'Virgin.net ping problem' will find a forum or two full of Virgin.net customers complaining.

Edited by Nick M48

Just contacted virgin.net - found an honest customer services advisor.

As Nick mentions it would appear they are aware of the issues and it is due to "demand"!!! Oh and if you have got sky your broadband will always be effected in the evening as sky run all there software updates. Solution given is to unplug sky and my phone and only have net connected - not very practical.

God only knows what will happen going forwards as they are about to launch a major media company as they now either own or are in partnership with NTL/Telewest and come February and relaunching under the heading "Virgin Media".

Nice glossy leaflet arrived today.

Best start searching for another provider. Answers on a postcard!

Thanks to those of you who have helped.

Ta

Watto

A ping of 149 is SHOCKING When you connect to a server make sure you connect at 56k or 33.6k whatever one you UK guys use but on NZ servers we connect at 56k. Disconnect cable TV. Have cat 6 ethernet cable or more. Under proccesors i only have 18 running. Even though you close your virus scanner with enditall it normally has about 4 proccesors still running shut all them and yea.

Thanks to all who have helped try to resolve the issue. Havent had much chance to sort our a new provider yet so still with Virgin!!

Will see what happens over next few weeks.

Just one quick question though:- Is anyone with eclipse broadband?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..