stuttering game problems

Nezza46

hi lads,

calling all teckies please

in the last 3 weeks or so my ukdirt games keep stuttering for some reason. i upgraded my ram to 512 and my graphics from intergrated to a nvidea gforce mx4000 club card about 6 months ish ago. my comp isnt the best( celeron d) but up untill now its been running the game brilliantly...awesome across the board on all settings ( nascar heat ) hi def cars on etc.

its really starting to cause me problems with online racing lately (even with all settings turned down) as its very hard to do consistant laps with the game 'stuttering'. tonight especially on the tooz i got upto 5th in the gn and then the frame rate dropped so bad i hit the inner wall and ended up nowhere.

ive done a defrag/cleared off all the crap/run virus scans/ run online system scans with allans link to housecall/ i run end it all/dont leave msn or mirc running etc.

nothing shows any problems...computer specs show no yellow question marks next to any hardware

im starting to wonder whether my graphics card or cpu or motherboard is in trouble but dont know enough about pc's to know where to start looking. if anyone can help me it would be gratefully recieved as my next step if no one knows is to take it in to the shop at a cost of god knows what :banghead2:

if you want any system info i will gladly post it up but plz tell me how to get the info as im not that up on computers

thanx in advance, nezza46 ( fingers crossed ) :shrug:

hi mate. i have encountered a similar problem. i upgraded my graphics card to a geforce 6600 and every now and again my game stutters and randomly freezes for upto 10 seconds at a time. ive done most of what you have mentioned above, defrag, etc and after reading your post im beginning to wonder if heat is fully compatible with nvidea graphics cards? maybe someone in the know will tell us. cheers, damo.

thanks for the replies lads, :thumbup:

But, if that is the case with nvidea cards then how come the game has been running as smooth as a bambinos bottom up until last 3 weeks or so? which leads me to believe it must be something else :shrug:

any other ideas out there please?

thanks for the replies lads, :thumbup:

But, if that is the case with nvidea cards then how come the game has been running as smooth as a bambinos bottom up until last 3 weeks or so? which leads me to believe it must be something else :shrug:

any other ideas out there please?

Do you use Mcafee Anti Virus Product?

I have been having exactly the same problems. The only thing I can think of now is the processes that run in the background that endit all wont close.

These are hacker watch and Mcafee redirector. I have found a way of stopping these services and will be racing bangers tonight so I will report back tomorrow on the results.

Cheers

Lakey

yes lakey i do have a mcafee firewall running which does have hacker watch on it.

have your problems been only recently? or has the game always done this to you?

im still finding it hard to come to terms with the fact that it used to run perfectly and now all of a sudden it has probs. my comp isnt brilliant ( HP Pavillion 808.uk )as i said before but its always ran the game on full spec with no probs since upgrading the graphics and ram.

do you think mcafee has recent updates that are using the processor up or conflicting with the graphics card or something, lakey?

yes lakey i do have a mcafee firewall running which does have hacker watch on it.

have your problems been only recently? or has the game always done this to you?

im still finding it hard to come to terms with the fact that it used to run perfectly and now all of a sudden it has probs. my comp isnt brilliant ( HP Pavillion 808.uk )as i said before but its always ran the game on full spec with no probs since upgrading the graphics and ram.

do you think mcafee has recent updates that are using the processor up or conflicting with the graphics card or something, lakey?

My problems are 100% a mirror image of yours. My pc is 2.6p4 Nvidea4800Ti 128meg Graphics card, 1gb of Ram and I still have to turn down all the settings in heat and i still get Stutters and this all happened all of a sudden about 6 weeks ago. I have tried eveything and the only thing I can really think of now is Hackerwatch and Redirector and also CTFmon.exe.

These 3 processes were stopped by Enditall but they would restart about 3 mins later.

Will see how it goes tonight and let you know.

Cheers

Lakey

nice one lakey :2:

without sounding aweful im glad its not just me thats having this problem lol if you know what i mean.

gives me a bit of hope that the old beast isnt quite ready for the shop or scrapyard yet and hopefully its something simple like mcafee software etc.

look forward to the results tomorrow.

thanks m8

p.s. just remembering back to last night when it started stuttering in praccy i rebooted and ran enditall again. 1st race of praccy was fine then stutters came back. might explain about the processes starting back up 3 mins later?

Edited by Nezza46

hiya m8 knightmare eh, sounds like there something running in the background in your system somewhere.

this causes the game to jutter, jump, stutter etc. also even if you did virus and spyware checks the spyware will not show up on your checks.

spyware hides in your pc and runs progs in the background which slow your pc up and cause connection probs as well, this will harm your pc more if its not top notch spec.

is your internet speed ok also m8 example when you click ukdirtwebsite up does it come up slower or just the same speed, check it with other sites u visit, if its really slow sounds like infected spyware, only way of curing m8 is to format your pc and start again.iv had to do it a couple of times,infact i may have to format myself after recieving that msn link last week which has invaded my pc with spyware.i knew there was something up when my car jumped frames and stutterd at arena essex in prac on friday.

try downloading ad-aware se pro nezza if your still having probs and see what comes up with that.it usually finds spyware stuff. that keeps your system nice and clean.

if it was working ok before m8 it defo sounds like something running as well in background.hope this helps m8

will try fsautostart thanks for the suggestion and link dino :thumbs_up:

tosh, my internet connection is quick enough to be fair. i have about a 5 meg connection and everything loads up quick enough. my game ping is usually between 30 and 50 as well.

i tend to use aol spyware scanner as it comes free with the rest of aol's countless software lol but i shall give ad-aware se pro to see if it picks anything up. :thumbs_up:

would it be worth doing a hijack this scan or would this not show anything worthwhile up?

ran hijackthis....can anyone tell me if anything dodgy is running that shouldnt be there please?

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1

Scan saved at 19:27:42, on 27/03/2007

Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)

MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16414)

Running processes:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE

C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLAcsd.exe

C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe

C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe

C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe

C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MPFSERVICE.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe

C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe

c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe

C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_11\bin\jusched.exe

C:\HP\KBD\KBD.EXE

C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe

C:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\hphmon06.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\InterVideo\SchSvr\SchSvr.exe

C:\Program Files\BT Voyager 105 ADSL Modem\dslstat.exe

C:\Program Files\BT Voyager 105 ADSL Modem\dslagent.exe

C:\WINDOWS\AGRSMMSG.exe

C:\Program Files\VoyagerTest\fts.exe

C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MpfTray.exe

C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\1134139567\ee\AOLSoftware.exe

C:\WINDOWS\ALCXMNTR.EXE

C:\WINDOWS\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE

C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe

C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MpfAgent.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe

C:\Program Files\AOL 9.0\aoltray.exe

c:\program files\common files\aol\1134139567\ee\services\antiSpywareApp\ver2_0_12\AOLSP Scheduler.exe

c:\program files\common files\aol\1134139567\ee\aolsoftware.exe

C:\Program Files\AOL 9.0\waol.exe

C:\Program Files\AOL 9.0\shellmon.exe

C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\aoltpspd.exe

C:\Program Files\WinRAR\WinRAR.exe

C:\DOCUME~1\HP_Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\Rar$EX00.859\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&a...&pf=desktop

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&a...&pf=desktop

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&a...&pf=desktop

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&a...&pf=desktop

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896

R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,First Home Page = C:\Program Files\AOL Toolbar\welcome.html

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://www.ukdirt.co.uk/

O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll

O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_11\bin\ssv.dll

O2 - BHO: EpsonToolBandKicker Class - {E99421FB-68DD-40F0-B4AC-B7027CAE2F1A} - C:\Program Files\EPSON\EPSON Web-To-Page\EPSON Web-To-Page.dll

O3 - Toolbar: HP view - {B2847E28-5D7D-4DEB-8B67-05D28BCF79F5} - c:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\HPDTLK02.dll

O3 - Toolbar: AOL Toolbar - {4982D40A-C53B-4615-B15B-B5B5E98D167C} - C:\Program Files\AOL Toolbar\toolbar.dll

O3 - Toolbar: EPSON Web-To-Page - {EE5D279F-081B-4404-994D-C6B60AAEBA6D} - C:\Program Files\EPSON\EPSON Web-To-Page\EPSON Web-To-Page.dll

O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {37B85A29-692B-4205-9CAD-2626E4993404} - (no file)

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [VTTimer] VTTimer.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [sunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_11\bin\jusched.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [siSPower] Rundll32.exe SiSPower.dll,ModeAgent

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Recguard] C:\WINDOWS\SMINST\RECGUARD.EXE

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PS2] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ps2.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LSBWatcher] c:\hp\drivers\hplsbwatcher\lsburnwatcher.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KBD] C:\HP\KBD\KBD.EXE

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iSUSScheduler] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" -start

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iSUSPM Startup] C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\UPDATE~1\ISUSPM.exe -startup

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [hpsysdrv] c:\windows\system\hpsysdrv.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPHUPD06] c:\Program Files\HP\{AAC4FC36-8F89-4587-8DD3-EBC57C83374D}\hphupd06.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPHmon06] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hphmon06.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Home Theater SchSvr] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InterVideo\SchSvr\SchSvr.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DSLSTATEXE] C:\Program Files\BT Voyager 105 ADSL Modem\dslstat.exe icon

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DSLAGENTEXE] C:\Program Files\BT Voyager 105 ADSL Modem\dslagent.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AOLDialer] C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLDial.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AGRSMMSG] AGRSMMSG.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [%FP%Friendly fts.exe] "C:\Program Files\VoyagerTest\fts.exe"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MPFExe] C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MpfTray.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HostManager] C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\1134139567\ee\AOLSoftware.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [EPSON Stylus CX6600 Series] C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_FATI9EE.EXE /P26 "EPSON Stylus CX6600 Series" /O6 "USB001" /M "Stylus CX6600"

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AlcxMonitor] ALCXMNTR.EXE

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe

O4 - Global Startup: AOL 9.0 Tray Icon.lnk = C:\Program Files\AOL 9.0\aoltray.exe

O8 - Extra context menu item: &AOL Toolbar search - res://C:\Program Files\AOL Toolbar\toolbar.dll/SEARCH.HTML

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_11\bin\ssv.dll

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_11\bin\ssv.dll

O9 - Extra button: AOL Toolbar - {4982D40A-C53B-4615-B15B-B5B5E98D167C} - C:\Program Files\AOL Toolbar\toolbar.dll

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: AOL Toolbar - {4982D40A-C53B-4615-B15B-B5B5E98D167C} - C:\Program Files\AOL Toolbar\toolbar.dll

O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Shdocvw.dll

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)

O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe

O11 - Options group: [iNTERNATIONAL] International*

O16 - DPF: {29710C4C-4F0F-4A36-8312-CB5614829804} (DriverDetectiveNonMembers.nonmembers) - http://www.drivershq.com/files/cab/nonmemb...etective-nm.cab

O16 - DPF: {4A3CF76B-EC7A-405D-A67D-8DC6B52AB35B} - http://aolcc.aolsvc.aol.co.uk/computercheckup/qdiagcc.cab

O16 - DPF: {5ED80217-570B-4DA9-BF44-BE107C0EC166} (Windows Live Safety Center Base Module) - https://scan.safety.live.com/resource/downl...lscbase3401.cab

O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/v5co...b?1113045768546

O16 - DPF: {DF780F87-FF2B-4DF8-92D0-73DB16A1543A} (PopCapLoader Object) - http://www.shockwave.com/content/bejeweled...aploader_v6.cab

O16 - DPF: {E8F628B5-259A-4734-97EE-BA914D7BE941} (Driver Agent ActiveX Control) - http://driveragent.com/files/driveragent.cab

O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{9AE6F059-2468-4F57-AF3E-48D178E3BB08}: NameServer = 205.188.146.145

O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxsrvc.dll

O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll

O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service (AOL ACS) - AOL LLC - C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLAcsd.exe

O23 - Service: AOL Spyware Protection Service (AOLService) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\AOL Spyware Protection\\aolserv.exe (file missing)

O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe

O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe

O23 - Service: AVG E-mail Scanner (AVGEMS) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe

O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe

O23 - Service: iPod Service (iPodService) - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe

O23 - Service: McAfee Personal Firewall Service (MpfService) - McAfee Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\PERSON~1\MPFSERVICE.exe

O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe

O23 - Service: SymWMI Service (SymWSC) - Symantec Corporation - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe

O23 - Service: WAN Miniport (ATW) Service (WANMiniportService) - America Online, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\wanmpsvc.exe

googled a lot of my running processes last night to see if any of them were dodgy....interesting debate about rundll32 on most of the forums i found.

it seems this process is quite processor hungry and nvidea uses it for the tray icon....my system shows that i have 2 of these running. i can not stress enough DO NOT delete this file but it can be ended safely in the task manager.

i then ran my game offline with max cars on and internet connection running ( so same things running while online racing ) and game ran with no hitches.

i will run online tommorrow like this for the f1's and see if this works.

lakey how did your banger meeting go last night after your changes and have you had any dealings with rundll32 in your quest to solve the problem? if so then let me know if it made any difference.

also, i dont know if mcafee uses rundll to operate...could be interesting if it does?

does anyone else know anything about this process that could be of help?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Mate,

Sorry for not coming back to you. I'm still having problems with the game stutters.

I no longer use mcaffe I'm using AVG. My machine runs much better but the game still stutters in traffic or when big piles ups occur in the bangers.

Rundll32 are all closed when I race online.

I have unintsalled and re installed from scratch but still have the same problem.

I really dont know if its a ping or grahic thing? When i log on sometimes i get a ping of 30 to 50 but then a few times i have noticed a ping of 1000 :o

It is driving me bloody la la :banghead2:

Cheers

Lakey

I have had the same problem when theres lots of folk in jolt during a meeting it stutters a wee bit :banghead2:

tried turning the graphics down sorted the problem kind of but still does it from time to time :banghead2:

Hi Mate,

Sorry for not coming back to you. I'm still having problems with the game stutters.

I no longer use mcaffe I'm using AVG. My machine runs much better but the game still stutters in traffic or when big piles ups occur in the bangers.

Rundll32 are all closed when I race online.

I have unintsalled and re installed from scratch but still have the same problem.

I really dont know if its a ping or grahic thing? When i log on sometimes i get a ping of 30 to 50 but then a few times i have noticed a ping of 1000 :o

It is driving me bloody la la :banghead2:

Cheers

Lakey

One way to help find out if it is a graphics problem, is in the Graphics menu in the options in Nascar Heat, it gives you specs of how fast your computer is (Computer speed, fill rate etc.)

Mine says Awesome for all 3, but when i used my old PC it said bottleneck for 2 of them and Ok for computer speed which is why my game was so jumpy, the computer just wasnt up to it. I think its the fill rate that aids 'stuttering, so maybe use that to check and see if your PC is copig with the game in that respect.

Just a thought anyway :thumbs_up:

Kruiz

cheers lakey , thought you had forgotton lol

my computer has been ok since my last post. the changes ive made are:

i run enditall (which i used to anyway )

then i control-alt-delete and shut down the two rundll32's i had running

then i noticed that aolsoftware.exe was running at 80%cpu so shut that down and ive had no probs since.

if your on aol shut this process down for a start as it doesnt affect your connection to race online.

kruiz- my graphics are on awesome on all 3 and was still having the stutters and im pretty sure lakeys pc specs are better than mine. :thumbs_up:

Edited by Nezza46

Hey guys. It could be the servers lagging. Not being able to cope with amount of people in server. And the fact that you guys use the 1.72 patch and the 1.80 patch was made of sort out some of these issues. You guys are a bit behind the time with servers and patches

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..