cowdie 23/04

Cod120

some good piccys http://www.pbplive.com/

14381[/snapback]

yeah, PBP managed to capture the follow-in a cracker!!

A decent enough meeting I thought last night with an equally good turnout of cars.

not so much "unusual Tin" as such last night as perhaps the drivers realising the Racewall is a quick track opted for the trusted Grannies and Jags etc which seem to be more suited as a pose to a DS Limo or a yank for instance.

One of the best follow-ins Ive seen, and I must admit, initially when I saw the aftermath of the incident I did think to myself the lad was in trouble but by the time I'd gotten over to the car he was climbing out and whooping with delight at being part of such a hard hit!! appl.gif

After he'd came back down to earth as such, I think he realised just how lucky a lad he really was when he went back to the car to survey the damage!!

Spoke to a few of the lads racin during the course of the meeting, a all were impressed with the track,Maverick especially enjoyed himself and said he'd come back and Andy Davies enjoys the place for obvious reasons and reckons the atmosphere of the place is hard to beat, with the punters giving them a good response on their colourful parade lap!!

50+ cars in a big banger race is obviously gonna cause problems and this was indeed the case with  the track becoming well and trully blocked on turn 4 and taking some time to clear, but overall i think the meeting ran well.

SSC were up again on numbers with 23 racin last night,and they provided a crackin "support" formula to the bangers with some hard knocks being taken last night with 650 in particular suffering heavy damage after he ran over the bootlid of the 05 Hire Car and slid straight on into the wall on turn 1 resulting in him being a bit winded and suffering enough damage to see him retire from the remainder of the meeting

Great to see 17 Kenny Purdie back out again and he went as if he hadnt been away!!, Also the return of 71 Gordon Alexander in a nice lookin 2 Door Sierra bodied car and 490 jammy Jarman in the ex-Williamson motor!!

Here's hoping the "tide " has turned in respect of SSC numbers now as with 22 locals racin last night and a few others missing who have raced previous, along with the impending new cars on the way, we can only hope that numbers racing every week now is on the increase.

Ive attatched a picture of the Granny estate after its massive follow-in, have a look and see where the water tank ended up!! ohmy.gif

2.gif

andymek.

post-47-1114344270_thumb.jpg

Pretty decent meeting all round from where i was stood.

Some good banger racing ( 2.gif  to the visitors who turned up in numbers again and showed the locals how bangers should be raced). The saloons were far better than the last time i saw them. Nice to see 71 do next to nothing on his return from his 47th retirement. Here's hoping that continues.

The follow in pictured above was a classic and for a second there was a bit of worry for the guy inside. All was well though and as Andy said the guy seemed quite chuffed with himself afterwards. 

thumbs_up.gif  To GMP for only putting the price up £1 in spite of the large number of visitors.

thumbs_down.gif  To GMP for putting 57 national bangers out for the world cup on a track that would struggle to cope with 40 stock rods. That was just stupid imo and the inevitable happened with a pile up after 1/2 a lap removing 20 odd cars from the restart. I think the  seeding and last chance qualifying numbers need to be looked at next year.

My own suggestion would be to seed 30 in and get another 10 from the LCQ races.

Didn't detract from an otherwise good night though.

P.S Is Mr Grumpy 152 angling for a job as a ball boy at Cowdenbeath games next year? There can't be any other reason for him spending so much time hiding behind the goals.  

Time for a  3.gif  GMP. His antics are embarrasing  011.gif

P.S Is Mr Grumpy 152 angling for a job as a ball boy at Cowdenbeath games next year? There can't be any other reason for him spending so much time hiding behind the goals.  

give the man some credit m8 it must take balls to do a handbrake turn like that to get off track and wait for a dead car to hit 10.gif scotlands real banger team  rofl.gif  rofl.gif  rofl.gif  rofl.gif

Edited by Cod120

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..