Running processes

Dragon 428

after i have started up my comuter I have pressed ctrl+alt+del to see what amount/type of precesses are running. To my big surprise this was a lot.

Some of them seem to run 2-4 times. From what I think, this can't be good but I don't know how to get rid of them.

Yes I can quit the proces but I'd rather want it deleted off my PC. How can I delete them and which ones can be deleted?

Any of you computer genius that know what I can do about it?

cheers,

Dragon

It's not like the good old days of Windows 98 where you could look at the list and kill off almost all the processes- XP uses a lot of service processes running constantly just to stop everything collapsing.  A lot of processes also hide under the name of svchost (it could be your internet connection, for example).  Tread carefully, anyway.

On that answersthatwork site, you can download a trial version of their ultimate troubleshooter. You get 10 free runs of it, which should be more than enough to sort anyone out.

It just makes it easier to identify stuff and how to treat it rather than going backwards and forwards to the site. Might be worth giving it a bash. I found it useful.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..