Constantly getting booted

Kruiz 136

Every meeting I have been in for about the last 2 months (which is a lot) I have been booted from at least one race each time, and it is just ruining my nights racing now. :banghead2:

The connection to my internet seems to remain ok, as it doesnt say disconnecting or reconnecting etc. it just remains on AOL homepage.

However whilst im racing all the cars go transparent and disappear then it boots me to the connect page.

I have no idea what is causing it (which is why im posting here lol).

I run enditall before each meeting, I have low settings in options and have even tried reseting my connection before each race. None seem to work and i now very annoyed with it and dont know what to do next. :shrug:

Anyine got any ideas?

Thanks

Kruiz

As 'F2-fan' suggested, running your antivirus might help. Also, if you have a firewall, make sure you turn it off before the racing. When I first started racing online, I had a similar problem to what you have, and found that it was the firewall being on that caused it. I don't know if this is the cause of your problem, but if you're leaving the firewall on, this won't help.

Hope you get it fixed soon :thumbup:

Edited by erik

I will look for any firewalls and run antivirus scanner before tomorrow nights meeting thanks for the suggestions. There is another thing that makes my game jump, which is an auto update box that likes to appear every few hours or so and i have know idea how to turn it off. I think its called spyzapper or something.

I doubt its my actual machine as Fill Rate, Polygon Rate and Computer speed are all rated 'awesome' by Nascar Heat in the options.

Thanks

Kruiz

Spyzapper is part of the aol spyware protection, seems like its set to auto update these kind of programmes nowadays tend to update every day, seems like yours is set to auto update during the evening.

Here you this might help

If you don't want SpyZapper to check for spyware and other programs that can interfere with your online experience, you can easily turn it off. 1. Go to AOL® Keyword: SpyZapper.

2. On the SpyZapper - Settings screen, click Do not block any programs; do not check my computer.

3. Click Save. SpyZapper will stop checking your computer for the specific spyware and other programs that can interfere with your online experience.

Turning off SpyZapper does not turn off AOL Spyware Protection from conducting regular scans.

Spyzapper is part of the aol spyware protection, seems like its set to auto update these kind of programmes nowadays tend to update every day, seems like yours is set to auto update during the evening.

Here you this might help

If you don't want SpyZapper to check for spyware and other programs that can interfere with your online experience, you can easily turn it off. 1. Go to AOL® Keyword: SpyZapper.

2. On the SpyZapper - Settings screen, click Do not block any programs; do not check my computer.

3. Click Save. SpyZapper will stop checking your computer for the specific spyware and other programs that can interfere with your online experience.

Turning off SpyZapper does not turn off AOL Spyware Protection from conducting regular scans.

Thanks F2-Fan. :thumbup:

Kruiz,

It could also be as simple as someone making or recieving a phone call on the house phone. I found that when the phone was in use others cars would vanish and my connection dip enough for me to warp but not to disco altogether.

Kruiz,

It could also be as simple as someone making or recieving a phone call on the house phone. I found that when the phone was in use others cars would vanish and my connection dip enough for me to warp but not to disco altogether.

Its usually fine when someones on the phone although that may be the case.

I was booted twice tonight, but I was closely watching the modem lights this evening and I can conlcude that everytime it disconnected the data light went off and the DSL light started flashing indicating that it has to be something to do with the conection. The flashing DSL light indicates it reconnecting, so i would think it is some sort of server irregularity or something, or is this just another consequence of being an AOL customer?? :banghead2:

Edited by Kruiz 136

With my router my dsl line flashes every 20 seconds as it is on constant connect, but it doesn't kick me off anything. If you are on a router have you checked that all the settings are correct.

dont know how relevant this is but, it only disconnects me when in a meeting.

It doesnt disconnect me when in practise for instance, so mabe the constant going back and to from chat to Jolt has an effect on it?

This would seem to be the case as it does it roughly on the second or third race of the meeting, but has not yet disconnected me from any practise session, even with more cars.

Hey guys.

I live in New Zealand and was having the same problem and was running filters that had a adsl jack and a phone jack. I threw those filters away and plugged the adsl straight in to the phone jack buy using a phone jack adapeter which fixed my problem and all my phones are just being filtered by normal phone filters just phone filters no adsl jack bit.

The ports that should be open on firewall, modem and router is 2001 as this is the port that Nascar Heat uses. If the other cars "ghost" for only a short period of time this means you are solid so smash everyone nd they will go flying lol. Well dont do that because it will ruin the racing but check that all scanners are turned off before racing. You can also Have problems if you are using Proxys from the us and Canada It is recommended if using proxys go from as close to the server a possible.

Also things that can help is using Cat 6 Ethernet Cables for all your hardware!

Unplugging Cable TV phones in the house! as these can use up precious line space

If you have more then one computer on a router unlug the other one from router if not being used while racing

Running enditall and Hijack this before a meeting

Doing virus scans and spyware cleabers about half an hour before the meeting

Rebooting before a meeting

:thumbup:

If you would like any more help PM me

Cheers

Rusty

www.securexel.com

Edited by Rusty

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..