gettin cars to fold up

dean

is there a way to get cars to fold up like dis in da game ????

[attachmentid=16901]

nope not unless some1 makes the damage on the car like it

the closest car to that is prob da hilman

If you want a car to fold up like that, you will be better off playing S.O.D.

is there a way to get cars to fold up like dis in da game ????

[attachmentid=16901]

if we could, dont you think it would of been done by now?? can fold like that but will still be able to drive and would look rediculous

The heat game is really a racing game and the crashing is incidental to this. Game mechanics mean shortened wheelbases due to damage will not happen. In theory heat could be adapted so cars fold a lot more but this would involve using vertex damage and even then specially designed cars would need to be made to a make the most out of how vertex damage works. This would take considerable amounts of time to do and may not result in anything really that good. Ideally a more crashing based racing game would be better to mod though finding ones that can be modded successfully is another thing. NickM's project sounds promising but unless something else comes along then UK Dirts banger heat and SOD are the best about despite their limitations they provide hours of fun.

Edited by reg126

wen playin as a metro when a wheel falls off the car wont drive couldnt u do this with a rwd car but the back wheel fall off when it snaps it dnt have to b perfect just somin till nickm gets his game out just a thought

wen playin as a metro when a wheel falls off the car wont drive couldnt u do this with a rwd car but the back wheel fall off when it snaps it dnt have to b perfect just somin till nickm gets his game out just a thought

Yes, of course, I am sure Lakey and Nick can do this one evening this week :rolleyes:

It takes a lot of time, trial and error and patience to adjust the physics of a car to make it right, and changing all the cars isn't something that would be fisable right now.

Some cars can be disabled by breaking the back wheels, Crown and Marina spring to mind so that feature is kind of already in place.

Like Reg has said, Nascar heat is primarily a 'racing' game, with the damage coming second. I personally think this is as close to real life as you can get without starting completely from scratch on a custom built engine, so just be grateful for what we have now. :scared15:

• 1 month later...

once upon a time....we were all amazed at what heat could do. it seemed to have everything. miles better than SOD in my opinion, (mainly of course because it was much newer) and to have the added damage is such a bonus (how many of the hundreds of mods really even need damage apart from bangers)

alas times move on (lol i sound like me old grandad) and people are after more. Unfortunatly there's nothing out there at the moment. I dont beleive the current rFactor will be much of an improvement (not such good damage and collision detection) and the only other game with good characteristics is Flatout3

I think the Bangers will likely split from all the other mods, to a game which gives less bias toward driving sim/physics and move toward a game with good collision detection and mega damage. Another game called Driven to Destruction seemed ok, but wasn't quite all there in my opinion.

driven needed better damage and a dd on track and not in a square is still a good game tho

Driven to Destruction is still a good game, the damage could be a bit better buts thats the way it is. Like Dean said, it would be better to have a DD on the track instead of in a square, but then it isn't a english game.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..