curing understeer on tar

Ironmac_288

Can any 1 point me in the rite direction i been trying all morning and no matter what i try i cant stop the front end pushing on tar. I played with springs, brake ballance and steering lock but still pushes out oh and i tried weght distribution. help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Edited by Ironmac_288

not if u can drift a little bit

gents, if there's a few interested and available for an hour tonight i'll put an ippy server up so we can swap ntes (i.e. setups)....one of us must be able to get it into the corner ;)

i'll set up about 8ish :thumbs_up:

I'd be interested if you can put up with me :scared15:

not if u can drift a little bit

gents, if there's a few interested and available for an hour tonight i'll put an ippy server up so we can swap ntes (i.e. setups)....one of us must be able to get it into the corner ;)

i'll set up about 8ish :thumbs_up:

I'd be interested if you can put up with me :scared15:

I will see if I can get some time to have a blast too Wrighty, I've not raced online yet but I also need to find out if my PC specs are up to it so it will be a bit of test run for me. :thumbs_up:

yeah course m8 (and erik too obv), we'll run ippy tar in the main but let me know how your pc goes at ippy (as I find it quite clunky, probably due to the amount of stuff FreeW's dumped about the place ;))

i'll not password it and its capped to 10 in but everyone's welcome as per :)

Yea thanks wrighty, I think most people made quite a big step forward with there tar setups

No, they made quite a big step forward with YOUR tar setups, which isn't quite the same thing :rofl: but an evening well spent hopefully, I certainly managed my fastest times to date around there :appl:

I'll not put up tonight seeing as it's F1s night, but i'll probably put up tomorrow night if anyone's interested for more of the same :)

oh while I think on also, we might have an offer on another dedicated server too, thanks to FreeW so i'll let you know about that in the next couple of days :thumbup:

Edited by wrighty496

Yea thanks wrighty, I think most people made quite a big step forward with there tar setups

No, they made quite a big step forward with YOUR tar setups, which isn't quite the same thing :rofl: but an evening well spent hopefully, I certainly managed my fastest times to date around there :appl:

I dont mind helping, and although I wont normally give setups out but try and point people in the correct direction last night I was trying to prove you CAN have a loose car on the tarmac.

Good news about the server, I know Hutch also has a server that should be up in the next day or two. We plan on running a series from September to Feb if there is enough intrest, something to keep people going over the winter

Edited by drumbstick

Ive always wanted to test the F1's on my server, but for some really odd reason, I get mismatches. I have no idea why either. I spent well over an hour messing with files, and no luck. Will look at it again today, and to just test the pings, I can turn mismatches off. Im just curious how well everyones pings will be to an American server. We ran the V8 series, which we had 3 other countries in there, with 0 issues.

Ive always wanted to test the F1's on my server, but for some really odd reason, I get mismatches. I have no idea why either. I spent well over an hour messing with files, and no luck. Will look at it again today, and to just test the pings, I can turn mismatches off. Im just curious how well everyones pings will be to an American server. We ran the V8 series, which we had 3 other countries in there, with 0 issues.

Would the mismatches be due to the fact that some of the clients (and in my case last night, the server) have the ukdirt skinpacks on but the server (in your case) doesn't? I know we had one in last night who cured a mismatch error by downloading the ukdirt skinpacks and I directed someone to install them before he came into the server and he didn't get the error.

I believe this problem has also been seen by people who've installed Splinter's real-life skins.....again, if the server doesn't have them in the client shows as a mismatch.

I was using my default car, and I uploaded the skin pack to my server. I get an HDV mismatch error which just blows my mind since the files on the server are from my computer. Thats what so odd... I del the files on my comp, and dl from the server, still same thing. UGH! :banghead2:

I was using my default car, and I uploaded the skin pack to my server. I get an HDV mismatch error which just blows my mind since the files on the server are from my computer. Thats what so odd... I del the files on my comp, and dl from the server, still same thing. UGH! :banghead2:

is your rfactor install fubared? shouldnt be, if you're running other mods off the server but stranger things have happened.......we can check the file dates later if you wish? mine's basically a 'clean' install with the beta and tracks off rfactorcentral

Worth a shot, but the past couple weeks Ive tested my Street Stock with 0 problems on my server. Date wise, I del the entire mod off my comp, and downloaded the mod from my RF server, so I know everything would be the same, still issues.... Ill let you mess with it! Its all Grassers fault anyways! Remind me to prank call him when Im over there next month...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..