Birmingham Test meeting Sunday 02/09/2007

drumbstick

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've now discovered that I can do a 14.9 round Birmingham with a pad, is that any good?

Low 14s high 13s for race pace. A few of us as low as 13.7s

Any chance of seeing one of your hot laps posted somewhere so I can 'drive onboard' to learn more about the way you drive the track please.

Seems small texture issue is fixed, and when I get off work, will pack track up for shipping. Should be released late tonight over there, which is still early over here :042: FYI, if you have any version of Birm, when its released, please del old version before installing.

I've now discovered that I can do a 14.9 round Birmingham with a pad, is that any good?

Low 14s high 13s for race pace. A few of us as low as 13.7s

Any chance of seeing one of your hot laps posted somewhere so I can 'drive onboard' to learn more about the way you drive the track please.

My fastest race lap from last night, and the GN replay so you can watch the whole race from incar

Replays.zip

Edited by drumbstick

Guest Scrapman53

Seems small texture issue is fixed, and when I get off work, will pack track up for shipping. Should be released late tonight over there, which is still early over here :042: FYI, if you have any version of Birm, when its released, please del old version before installing.

And delete the Birm.hat file from C:\Program Files\rFactor\UserData\LOG\HAT :thumbup:

Guest Scrapman53

Sorry for leaving early lads. But the crazy driving antics in heat 2 made me lose the head a bit, so I went downstairs to watch the telly with the missus. I suppose it was just one of those nights for me.

PS. For fast laps, I tend to go into the bends a little bit sideways and hang the tail out just a shade round the bends so that the car is pointing up the straight earlier. It kills the tyres in a race though, but it's good for hotlaps and more fun to drive. :thumbup:

My fastest race lap from last night, and the GN replay so you can watch the whole race from incar

Thanks for this Drumbstick ... I will be watching the hot lap several times to analyse it ... :-) Then *all* I have to do it work out how to duplicate it on the track ....

PS. For fast laps, I tend to go into the bends a little bit sideways and hang the tail out just a shade round the bends so that the car is pointing up the straight earlier. It kills the tyres in a race though, but it's good for hotlaps and more fun to drive. :thumbup:

Do you tend to drift wider than the 'rubber line' showing on the track for the bends or try to stay within that bottom groove ? The couple of faster laps I have managed to achieve have been when I got the car wider on the bends so I could get the power down earlier and not drift as wide down the straights.

Birmingham_2006_HOT_LAP.zip

Guest Scrapman53

I get the inside front wheel as close to the inside of the bend as possible with a little opposite lock and steer it round on the throttle. Sometimes riding the kerb/speedbumps a tad with that wheel.

I get the inside front wheel as close to the inside of the bend as possible with a little opposite lock and steer it round on the throttle. Sometimes riding the kerb/speedbumps a tad with that wheel.

Same here, the inside front is so unloaded especially in the second half of the corner you can afford to get really close and sometimes just on the inside kerb.

If you look at that hotlap I posted I actually overshoot the entry into T1 a bit and have to correct it by trail braking much latter than usual.

Edited by drumbstick

Yeah .. down to 14.5 now as my fastest lap around Birm ... low 14's here I come :-) A not very tidy back straight .. but feeling better on driving now and not hitting the barriers as much. I keep tweaking my steering wheel setup and the car setup to make it feel better

With Drumb's guidance ... I finally got down to the low 14s ... Yeah :-) Thanks Drumb!

Birmingham_2006_HOT_LAP.zip

Yeah .. down to 14.5 now as my fastest lap around Birm ... low 14's here I come :-) A not very tidy back straight .. but feeling better on driving now and not hitting the barriers as much. I keep tweaking my steering wheel setup and the car setup to make it feel better

With Drumb's guidance ... I finally got down to the low 14s ... Yeah :-) Thanks Drumb!

No probs mate, as I said yesterday you are at the stage now at least on tarmac where you just need to practice, practice, practice and sort your controller out :thumbs_up:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..