Birmingham Test meeting Sunday 02/09/2007

drumbstick

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the very fun meeting guys .... Now I know how much I have to learn to even be in the same track as you ... let alone be competitive! Thanks for the setups from those that sent them to me , I will look at them and work out how they differed from what I had put and how I can best use them.

Overall A+ fun even though I was 3 laps down in 16!

Sorry for no show fellas sounds like a g ood nite i was on the other hand sat at hospital with the misses thinkin the baby was on the way but false alarm so apollogies again to drum for bookin and no being there

don't think this wee one wants to join our big bad world lol

Thanks Drum, good fun I thought.

The track is brilliant, fast, tight and SKILL involved (Many thanks for creating/letting us use it tonight), had a couple of cracking races with Murph aswell amongst others :thumbs_up:

Was a shame when Scrappy and LeeK lost heart abit after some 'silly' hits, If only you had stayed Scrap you would have thought it was good.

Thanks again :thumbup:

Dazza

Thanks for organising a good nights racing. I thought the track was great with some clean racing towards the end, when everyone had settled a bit.

Some were going into the bends far too hot tho. A nudge is fine but there was some serious shunting going on at times.

The mod is new I suppose, with people getting used to physics, so once we all get the hang of it id say were in for a good winter!

Thanks again to all taking part :thumbs_up:

Edited by Murph

Big thanks to everyone that helped out tonight. I sent something to Drunkstick to test, and if that fixes a small issue, then it should be released Mon or Tues. With the pit guy, if you are pitted on the right wall, and the pit guy is pointing away from the track, its due to the direction of the pit road aiw line. Its basically a big loop in the pits in order to get the aiw to behave (almost).

Thanks and see you all in a few weeks!

Jeff

UKSOM Foreign Exchange Student

Big thanks to everyone that helped out tonight. I sent something to Drunkstick to test, and if that fixes a small issue, then it should be released Mon or Tues. With the pit guy, if you are pitted on the right wall, and the pit guy is pointing away from the track, its due to the direction of the pit road aiw line. Its basically a big loop in the pits in order to get the aiw to behave (almost).

Thanks and see you all in a few weeks!

Jeff

UKSOM Foreign Exchange Student

Sheesh... the Yank is inbound again ! :blink: I best clean out the shed!

Edited by Hooty256

Was good fun last night until a 'certain person' started bitching at me because I'm not an excellent driver :3:

if you brake for the bends instead of using the barriers or other cars for cornering you may get on a bit better, the certain 'persons' view was the view of us all, IMO your just a little clown who won't take a telling

apart from the eejit, it was pretty good racing the cars can take a hit if you 'push' wide, although the of the brakes rams usualy go against your favour

track seemed perfect no probs to report jeff :thumbs_up:

if you brake for the bends instead of using the barriers or other cars for cornering you may get on a bit better, the certain 'persons' view was the view of us all, IMO your just a little clown who won't take a telling

erm i didn't have a problem, he came in late and didn't get chance to set up so maybe a tad harsh but i'm sure Erik's learning slowly ;)

Track seems excellent Jeff, great work, especially the new rumble strips....just enough to deter people cutting the apex without flipping the car up and out of control.

I'll have a quick blast in the other direction tonight and drop you a note.

The morning after the night before and I think most things went ok last night.

Race 1 was good, race 2 was the first time I have had broken suspension on the rear of these and that was an experience. The Final was good and the GN was a cracking race all round good fun.

Erik, I dont have a problem with you, or with slow drivers being on the server. However unlike fourwinds who was on the server all night and did not cause a problem you turned up late and then in race 2 either wall rode each corner or if there was a car in front nailed them no matter how many laps down you were. Couple this with last week when you were doing the same and nailing people of the center green I think most people will see where our frustrations are.

To anyone that was struggling last night or infact at all, if you want to arrange a time to get together on the server I am more than happy to pass on any knowledge and tips I have.

I was thinking about some of the races last night, not turning into a wreck fest but there being some carnage that you had to avoid, I think one of the main contibuting factors to this is the lack of grading. Closed grid races are known for the first couple of laps being hard and that is effectivly what we are doing. As somebody else mentioned above we are all still learning how to hit in this mods as you cannot just plow in like you can in HEAT.

As for the track, I really like as freew has said I did find a problem (Sorry) but hopefuly the fix Jeff has

supplied will fix that and everyone else can get to enjoy it :thumbup:

Ramblings of an idiot I am sure :banghead2:

EDIT

No probs Iron that was probably a bit more important than racing, good luck

Edited by drumbstick

I'm probably just digging a hole here but....

erm i didn't have a problem, he came in late and didn't get chance to set up so maybe a tad harsh but i'm sure Erik's learning slowly ;)

That's it really...I hadn't a setup, and that was my first time with the Birmingham track, so I'm bound to be crap lol.

As for the others....I know I'm not a great driver, and I realise, now, that I should be a bit more 'gentle with the gas', but I've as much right to race as you do. I thought being 'kicked' from the server was a bit harsh tbh, and I can get round the corners now :thumbup:

I do brake for the bends? I don't just use barriers or other cars for cornering, although they help lol. That from a weegie who never shuts up :shrug:

That's it really...I hadn't a setup, and that was my first time with the Birmingham track, so I'm bound to be crap lol.

As for the others....I know I'm not a great driver, and I realise, now, that I should be a bit more 'gentle with the gas', but I've as much right to race as you do. I thought being 'kicked' from the server was a bit harsh tbh, and I can get round the corners now :thumbup:

I do brake for the bends? I don't just use barriers or other cars for cornering, although they help lol. That from a weegie who never shuts up :shrug:

who's a weegie you little retard, don't use that [b][color=red]FILTERED[/color][/b] for an excuse that you don't have a set up the brakes still work

you seem to enjoy acting the goat, i watched your driving on view mode and you were just there for a fook about, driving flat out into bends isn't anything to do with 'setups'

if you want to act like a little dick theres plenty other servers for you to play on without distrupting ours

Ahh another argument over nothing....

who's a weegie you little retard, don't use that [b][color=red]FILTERED[/color][/b] for an excuse that you don't have a set up the brakes still work

you seem to enjoy acting the goat, i watched your driving on view mode and you were just there for a fook about, driving flat out into bends isn't anything to do with 'setups'

if you want to act like a little dick theres plenty other servers for you to play on without distrupting ours

I was doing my best, I was there to race, not to 'fook about' as you so quaintly put it. Maybe braking isn't anything to do with setups...but poor handling is. Again, I never got a chance to do a setty, and that was MY FIRST TIME with the Birmingham track, so I think it's a bit harsh having a go at me over this.

Ive just had a look at the replay from race 1 and its obvious that Erik was struggling with handling and was running deep every corner.

Set up cant really be to blame tho mate as even on default its possible to do a low 14. So Im thinking ur wheel or joypad needs configuring properly and let off the gas much earlier for corners.

Hope you get it sorted soon tho as i know its frustrating for everyone. Ive just gone back to my old wheel as I was also struggling. Get some testing time done mate and we'll see u back in there hopefully.

Ive just had a look at the replay from race 1 and its obvious that Erik was struggling with handling and was running deep every corner.

Set up cant really be to blame tho mate as even on default its possible to do a low 14. So Im thinking ur wheel or joypad needs configuring properly and let off the gas much earlier for corners.

Hope you get it sorted soon tho as i know its frustrating for everyone. Ive just gone back to my old wheel as I was also struggling. Get some testing time done mate and we'll see u back in there hopefully.

Thanks, I'll see what I can do :thumbup:

Only other tip is to lay off the alcohol beforehand. How many vodka's did you have erik? You nearly leapt over the barrier at one point. :o

Was funny to watch but frustrating im sure. :banghead2:

Smash your controller up with a hammer and buy a wheel off ebay. lol

As a novice ... Do people coast into the corners or brake hard then throw it left? Any driving tips would be appreciated to bring my 15+ times down to the low 14s on Birm.

Im still learning myself but on the Tar it just seems a case of scrubbing speed off to hold a nice tight line and just ease throttle on the way out to avoid to much sideways.

Id like a few tips off Scrapman tho cos he seems to be very fast everywhere. lol

As a novice ... Do people coast into the corners or brake hard then throw it left? Any driving tips would be appreciated to bring my 15+ times down to the low 14s on Birm.

I should be about Wednesday or Thursday evenings if you want to jump on the server for an hours coaching.

To answer your question I am trailbraking all the way to the apex then feeding the throttle in. What controler are you using.

Edited by drumbstick

I should be about Wednesday or Thursday evenings if you want to jump on the server for an hours coaching.

To answer your question I am trailbraking all the way to the apex then feeding the throttle in. What controler are you using.

I was yesterday using the keyboard and I was more comfortable with this .. but I do have Thrustmaster 360 moderna wheel that I have to hold onto the desk as the clamp has broken ;-) Wednesday is a better day for me to be trying to do any practice thanks.

I was yesterday using the keyboard and I was more comfortable with this .. but I do have Thrustmaster 360 moderna wheel that I have to hold onto the desk as the clamp has broken ;-) Wednesday is a better day for me to be trying to do any practice thanks.

Ok I will be on from 8ish on Wednesday, and I would suggest you invest in a wheel and pedals if you are pnanning to spend any amount of time ingame. Others will argue a pad is ass good but don't believe them :scared15:

Ok I will be on from 8ish on Wednesday, and I would suggest you invest in a wheel and pedals if you are pnanning to spend any amount of time ingame. Others will argue a pad is ass good but don't believe them :scared15:

Time to do more practice with the Thrustmaster ... It does have pedals but I don't use them as they tend to slide on the carpet .. but the lower shifters are analog and do allow for holding of speed around the corners.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..