F1 Stockcars Beta V0.2 Update Released

Grasser233

Hi, an update for the beta of F1 Stockcars has now been released.

Details of the changes are in the readme...I've also copy and pasted the readme here.

Having read all the feedback so far, we've come up with this interim patch to improve the beta up until the full release.

rFm -

Opened up the track filter to take advantage of the track roster available for rFactor.

Cars (Graphical) -

The alpha channel built into the cars has now been disabled, this was left on by accident and should solve these photoshop conversion problems

Vertex damage on the wheel rims has been disabled, this was very minor so should improve performance.

Green "edging" that was appearing on some cars has now been fixed.

TV Cockpit view has been altered to remove the stretched view it had previously.

Cars (Physics) -

We've added a stagger option on the rear axle on both surfaces, this is altered by the tyre compound setting in the garage. Default is for the stagger on, the original equal tyre size is also an option if you liked it how it was. This has made the cars more consistant with the stagger on, on both surfaces. This is a fairly major change and it seemed an obvious thing to add.

Wear has been reduced on tarmac, if you totally cane the tyres, they still will wear out.

Cold tyre grip on tarmac has been altered so it's not as difficult to pull away, they also come onto temp much quicker earlier on in a race.

New internal collision objects have been added, this will need trying online but should provide a marked improvement with the side to side, car to car contact.

This patch just goes straight over the top of your existing install, you do need v0.1 beforehand

Go to rFactor Central for the download HERE

Thanks

Edited by Grasser233

It seems a good improvement, seems less chance of spinning round when being hit or hitting someone in front and a touch more controlable once you've reached 'the limit' and I notice side to side contact was better down the straights, especially if someone catches you're front end coming out of the bend the car didn't want to spin like it did before. Just hope it all improves the racing :thumbup: personally I like the uncontralability factor, makes it more fun :lol:

personally I like the uncontralability factor, makes it more fun :lol:

Same :thumbs_up:

The more unpredictable, the less repetitive it gets and the more fun it becomes :thumbup:

Thanks for the update :thumbup:

ditto.

what appeals to me about rfactor is the unexpected movement of the cars.. just like the real thing if you push it too hard.. i would like to thank the mod guys for their continuous efforts on rfactor which are appreciated. my feelings are if its not broken dont try to sort it. i love this game as it is just now and i personally would rather it remained unchanged BUT that is my opinion...... thanks for all your hard work guys :appl:

ditto.

what appeals to me about rfactor is the unexpected movement of the cars.. just like the real thing if you push it too hard.. i would like to thank the mod guys for their continuous efforts on rfactor which are appreciated. my feelings are if its not broken dont try to sort it. i love this game as it is just now and i personally would rather it remained unchanged BUT that is my opinion...... thanks for all your hard work guys :appl:

although i agree with you cod, yes the unpredictability of the game is great but the odd thing did have to be looked at like a bit more grip out of bends and the cars traveling down the straight together did make the cars a bit jumpy and unstable.

did also get annoying when you were exiting a bend onto the straight and somebody caught your back wheel you were off with a slight tap.

great works guys. :2:

tosh

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..