GAME VERSION v1255(F)

DanSkin

Hopefully the F stands for final (if you've been following the 1 or 2.. or 6 versions of this patch you'll know what I mean), so barring any untowards problems we'll be running with v1255f henceforth.

Please see http://www.rfactor.net for the download links!

Head over to http://rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=rF...%201255%20Patch to read stuff that is said over there about updating. Don't blame me if your computer bursts into flames, or your house falls down (or more likely your rfactor install messes up... ) because you didn't read the advice, hehe. :)

You need to reactivate the game after it's installed apparently, to do this you will need your original email from them with the code... In the event you no longer have this email... head over to this page on the Trymedia website:

http://csc.trymedia.com/csc/question/publi...=0_1/index.html

Enter the email address you used when you bought the game, and it will resend the activation code.

:thumbup:

Edited by DanSkin

You need to reactivate the game after it's installed apparently, to do this you will need your original email from them with the code

As you know when you buy the licence to run the full game you get 5 free "re-activations" now due to problems with my PC I'm now down to my last one before shelling out another £25 :3:

So if I install this patch does this count as one of the 5 activations? :shrug:

:2:

Guest Scrapman53

Yes it does count as 1 activation Rikard. But if you Email trymedia, they will give you more activations. I'm on my second batch of 5 now as I've had various PC problems and new hardware in the past. :thumbup:

I didn't realise at first, but if you're only formatting your harddrive and not adding a new one or new motherboard etc, that you can back up your licence and put it back in when you reinstall rFactor and it doesn't cost you an activation. :banghead2::rofl:

You need to reactivate the game after it's installed apparently, to do this you will need your original email from them with the code

As you know when you buy the licence to run the full game you get 5 free "re-activations" now due to problems with my PC I'm now down to my last one before shelling out another £25 :3:

So if I install this patch does this count as one of the 5 activations? :shrug:

:2:

see this thread:

http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=298824

I believe that when you run out, you e-mail them and they send you more free activations.

I am not sure if I am down to my last activation (or used it already), I dont want to risk installing in case I am then stuck for tonight's meeting.

Can we still use the v1250 tonight without conflict?

And do we download the full update or the .exe only...what's the difference?

I'm having problems with updating, I have downloaded the 1255F patch and extracted the files, but when I try to run the rfactor and rfactor dedictated installers from the extracted folder It says this:

[attachmentid=20295]

[attachmentid=20296]

Any ideas?

post-862-1192910803_thumb.jpg

post-862-1192910825_thumb.jpg

I've updated with the 1255F patch but I have a problem.

The game loads up fine and I can race offline no problem but I cant connect online to anygame, it justs says 'Timed out'.

went back to the loading screen and it says V.1255 but should it have the F on the end?

Cheers for any info,

Dazza

Dont know about the potential disasters you listed Danskin, but having loaded the new patch when I go to load R factor it takes an extraordinary amount of time to load the game, can take a couple of minutes whilst the puter seems to be searching, but once loaded seems to function ok.

Before I go and buy my way out of trouble I have attached screen shots showing puter spec, and graphic card spec.

Could this be a contributing factor for the problems I have outlined above, or is there something else I can check?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

ALi

ap_system_2.doc

ap_system.doc

Been reading through a thread on the patch on the racesimcentral forums - lost of people were having problems with 1255 being very slow to start, then to connect to servers.

Turns out that some firewalls see it as a new program because the filesize is bigger, so check your firewalls are allowing the new rfactor file through correctly.

Matthew

Tried this and hey presto it fires up straight away.

Cheers for help m8, exactly the type of information I was looking for.

I have got spyware doctor and I must admit it does seem to strangle the life out of everything now I come to think about it.

Just got to try it connecting on line as it where

ALi :thumbs_up:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..