1300 Saloon Stocks

BANGERMAD07

hi,

im new to the forums as u can see and i was hoping someone would help me out here,

i have been currently trying to model the 1300 saloon stock after watching them on my many visits down south, although this has been tricky as when i read Nickm48's website it says i need 4 square on photograph's ...i am a fairly experienced modeller i used to model cars for the high demand pc and xbox game Need for Speed.

If anyone could get me some square on pictures for my models that would be super and also if anyone could get me any footage on board i would be able to attempt to fabricate the physics as much as possible to the real thing,

you may be saying "yeah new boy talk" firstly im a grown man who has modelled since 3dmax first came out for pc's and secondly i do not 'Extract the Urine' to put it nicer

Bm :thumbup:

Hello Buddy!!

Just stumbled upon this particualr thread

Cant help you with 1300 saloons I'm afraid, but have you ever fancied modelling a "proper" saloon ;) (2ltr National) by any chance?

The current models on ukdirt,(Sierra,Sapphire and MK1 Cortina) as good as they are have been around for quite a while now and as has been mentioned by others in the past seem to suffer from "airborne" tendencies whilst in a collision, and also seem "small"

Hooty had said that he was hoping to re-model them some time ago but due to his comittments with RFactor never unfortunately had time to do so..Someone else, not 100% sure exactly who it was sorry :scared15: had made a crackin Eddie Darby chassis but to my knowledge it was never released for one reason or another.

UKDirt saloons seems to have a fairly healthy following and I'm sure if new models were created I reckon even more would race them , I certainly would for one, the main reason I dont race them is due to the fact that it isnt too exciting spending part of the race spinning 35 feet above everyone else!!

"IF" you did indeed fancy having a go at modelling a 2ltr,obtaining square on pictures and indeed getting some in car coverage shouldnt be too much of a problem.

:2:

Andymek.

Ok Sorry to Bicker Here But Andy That Aldous Rep Thingy Looks Crap. it the front bumper is miles to curved the back quarters are nothing like that. the cage looks miles to thick and big it sure as hell needs smoothing. and it looks like half the side is missing on passenger side from that render...and it looks like a fat bird has sat on the edge of the bonnet. now before you say anythink back about give it ago yourself. if i still had 3d max after a virus done my pc i would and im trying to find it at the moment but no luck. and i did start a ssc myself a while back but that got lost in the process..

heres a picture to show you what i mean

post-285-1195491044.jpg

Both nearly ready but still a few thing to iron out :coffee:

constructive criticism allways helps mate by the time its ready it will look more like the real thing :scared15:

where can i even get the 1300 stockcars game lol?

You will have a hard task on finding it just now :blink: Andymek fancy getting me some square on of the winston wier chassis mate, and im sure if you could get pics for andy stewart he could get his model sorted

Cheers

I understand there are some diffrences in 262's and 499's if im not mistaken

Edited by BANGERMAD07

• 1 year later...
just bumped up a topic thats over a year old...

Was thinking that myself lee lol, those to cars got binned ages ago for another project and steve as i said a historic saloon mod may not get made as i cant get max 3 to work on vista

Edited by andy2oo7

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..