RESULTS & POINTS - Belle Vue 16/12/07

DanSkin

I wasnt to impressed last night either.

Guys such as Beef, Fourwinds and PaulP will probably be among the first to point out that maybe there not the quickest drivers out there. BUT they do treat the game with respect and don’t go lunging for silly hits EVERY bend. These guys have gone from White to Blue, with A. A little bit of practise B. A little bit of patience and C. Alot of respect for other drivers.

I think having the right mentality and respect for other drivers is the key here ... IF you know that you are not the quickest out there and you know you are a lap down, key 1 eye on your mirror (Yes it is difficult) and if the faster drivers are coming to pass you .... Move out of the way .... Let them through if you can and then carry on racing ... If you follow their lines, you find out a quicker way around the circuit! You might even find you quickest lap is actually when you are following these guys!

I got the points in the final and GN just by being able to keep the car pointing in the right direction and trying to avoid the carnage. I know it was not on pure speed or lap times ... Just not getting into the wrong place too often.

I think everyones managed to get some good points across without this getting out of hand. :rofl:

After eventually looking at the replay of the final it seems alot of the mayem was caused by some heavy hits which led to damaged cars and the frustrated drivers trying to limp round for some points. Me included :blink:

I think next time ill pull on the infield as when ur car is damaged, the slightest hit will send u spinning and getting in the way of other drivers. There would'nt be this problem in real life as it'd just be dam right dangerous :5:

So I guess it comes down to a bit of common sense and curtousy for other drivers. Maybe also smoking a foriegn substance between heats is the way to go to keep frustration and anger to a minimum :rofl:

If anyone wants another good mod to blow off steam, a few of us have been on Rallycross which is also a great buzz.

Thanks Mor and Dan for running the events. They've been well organised and popular the whole way through. :thumbup:

I wasnt to impressed last night either.

Would like to apologise also to anyone in the final last night who got caught by me 'suddenely re-appearing'. My game froze mid way through the race and I havent had chance to check the replay to see if I did mess anyone’s race up, sorry If I did.

The hits we are complaining about/moaning about/trying to get rid of (take your pick!) are the absolute no brainers. For example, you tap someone wide, nip up the inside only for that person to almost cut the corner with no thought to braking/steering to take that person out. It's a case of Im not quick enough so I follow you in instead. Guys such as Beef, Fourwinds and PaulP will probably be among the first to point out that maybe there not the quickest drivers out there. BUT they do treat the game with respect and don’t go lunging for silly hits EVERY bend. These guys have gone from White to Blue, with A. A little bit of practise B. A little bit of patience and C. Alot of respect for other drivers. Sure, you will see the big hits, maybe last lap of a final for example but not EVERY single lap. That’s just wrong. Or maybe I don’t know enough about stock cars, I don’t know!

And sorry Trash, bangers has been dead and buried for a long time!

Whilst i totally agree with what you have wrote dazza that problem will never go away. I know this is a new mod so you want to start fresh but people do what they see fit to get rid of people no matter what. It will start again in rfactor because you will soon find out who you can pass and who you cant without major bumperwork. I hope you achieve it but i think you will struggle to. Good luck anyway..

I'm still trying to work out who were the dirty drivers cause I didn't see any myself :shrug:

I really enjoyed the heats as there was a bit more room and the racing seemed really good. I was way off the pace but seemed to keep out of most people's way.

The Final & GN were a bit of a mess. With 22 cars including novices like me round a narrow track like Belle Vue, it was always going to be chaotic. I tried to stay out of the way but sometimes there were cars either side of me and it's hard to keep these things dead straight :unsure:

The temptation was to get straight back on track after a prang as that's what we are there for and I need the laps, although I maybe should have packed in before the end. To be honest, I wasn't that sure if the car was broke.

Birmingham should be good and it should be easier to keep it cleaner there. :thumbs_up:

Don't forget the fastest drivers do need the slowest out on track too if they are going to have anyone to beat.

Hi ya chaps,

Just thought i'd jump in and offer my own views on the subject.

1-- I have never used the front bumper with the sole intention of taking a person out of the race, I did have an altercation with Ironmac at one meeting which I appologised for. This came about due to a lack of consentration as far as race positions and laps go.

2-- I can't ever remeber an occassion whereby I have slated another driver for the use of contact on me, in fact i would openly encourage gentle pesuasion as i refuse to move out the way of another car, this is not grand prix racing (what ever next Blue flags ) and i seem to remember a praccy session with Mat(413) in which we spent a great deal of laps exchanging hits so that we had some idea on how to deal with them in a race.

3-- Unforunately you are going to get the odd one or two that find it amusing to drive 'Full chat' ( omg love that expression) into another driver and these should be dealt with accordingly ( i.e loss of points, bans etc) but we have to be carefull not to erradicate the whole essence of what is a contact formula.

Hope this make some sense, If not just ignore it lol.

Catch ya trackside

TGG

i seem to remember a praccy session with Mat(413) in which we spent a great deal of laps exchanging hits so that we had some idea on how to deal with them in a race.

Yeah, that's always useful to do on a new track and is great practice. I often slow down and spend a few laps practising nudging/being nudged - some methods work well on certain tracks but not others. Probably annoys the hell out of the person I get tangled up with though :D

Won't let me edit..

I found that at Belle Vue when I took a really hard hit I was better off not braking, but giving it some throttle to get the back end out so you hit the fence backwards or at least sideways on rather than hitting it head on and coming to a dead stop, and if you're lucky you can skate round the outside and miss the fence altogether.

At Sexbierum though, if you try that you'll end up back in the pits!

and 2nd,

where the hells the video of the final only 1 i do well in and theres no vid typical. :banghead2:

Woh Woh Woh. Some of us have lives, lol. I have been busy every night this week, and I mean literally every hour so not had chance to finish it. My vids can take two full evenings, so plan is to have it completed for Sunday :thumbs_up:

Woh Woh Woh. Some of us have lives, lol. I have been busy every night this week, and I mean literally every hour so not had chance to finish it. My vids can take two full evenings, so plan is to have it completed for Sunday :thumbs_up:

soz splinter for seeming i was just expecting it but tho id try lighten the mood or change subject all this hard hitting following in etc talk kinda wearing me down. and id like to say youve done a great job over this season producing these vids.and id hope in the future you will b able to produce more of the same. :thumbs_up::appl:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..