RESULTS & POINTS - Belle Vue 16/12/07

DanSkin

Well done to Dubstar for taking the final tonight, and Matthew for top scoring!

Results:

Heat 1: 331, 212, 684, 112, 322, 248, 137, 288, 236, 3, 426, 2, 156, 315, 657, 286

Heat 2: 137, 212, 426, 236, 413, 3, 41, 123, 146, 684, 112, 435, 315, 248, 515, 657

Heat 3: 315, 146, 413, 332, 331, 426, 3, 288, 41, 2, 156, 236, 123, 435, 286, 248, 515

Heat 4: 2, 137, 212, 413, 41, 146, 331, 286, 435, 288, 256, 123, 657, 515, 684, 322

Final: 123, 413, 2, 331, 156, 41, 212, 137, 288, 236, 286, 146, 426, 112, 684, 435, 248, 657, 322, 315, 515

GN: 2, 137, 156, 413, 41, 286, 236, 288, 331, 212, 146, 426, 123, 112, 248, 435, 315, 657, 322, 515, 684

Meeting Points:

Matthew #413 - 46

MoR #137 - 38

Mike #2 - 37

Hutch #331 - 36

Pedz #212 - 35

Drumbstick #41 - 28

Dubstar #123 - 23

Fourwinds #156 - 20

PaulP #146 - 16

DanSkin #236 - 15

Iron #288 - 14

Dav #426 - 13

Sybe #315 - 10

Johno #3 - 10

Dazza #684 - 9

MrBeef #286 - 8

TomD #112 - 7

Murph #322 - 6

Tinman #248 - 5

Mart #435 - 2

BigAl #515 - 0

AliP #657 - 0

See you all next week for the final round of the series at Birmingham.

Maybe I have been lucky up till now, maybe it was worse tonight I don't know. I do know I did not enjoy it though, nothing to do with the mod or the track but a very small few who are just there to drive like banger drivers. I know I am going to get moaned at for throwing the dummie etc. But I really don't see why a couple of people should spoil the racing for everyone else!!

Two things I would like to suggest

1.) In real F1s drivers have to complete 5 laps to show they can drive, I think its about time that was introduced online.

2.) Any Novice driver doing OTT the hits gets 1 warning and then a ban for a stipulated amoun of time.

Would control peoples expectations even before they booked in to a meeting

wd mathew and dub on final :thumbs_up:

tbh that was the worst driving stanards i've saw in a meet this year, spoiled by a few idiots who feel flat outing other drivers is part of the game

they have no respect for the mod or for the drivers who race in it, this is the only problem with rfactor not the bullsh1t excuses about contact or handling, i'm sure i'm not the only one who feels this way but it sure is a good way to put genuine racers or drivers off :3:

Maybe I have been lucky up till now, maybe it was worse tonight I don't know. I do know I did not enjoy it though, nothing to do with the mod or the track but a very small few who are just there to drive like banger drivers. I know I am going to get moaned at for throwing the dummie etc. But I really don't see why a couple of people should spoil the racing for everyone else!!

Two things I would like to suggest

1.) In real F1s drivers have to complete 5 laps to show they can drive, I think its about time that was introduced online.

2.) Any Novice driver doing OTT the hits gets 1 warning and then a ban for a stipulated amoun of time.

Would control peoples expectations even before they booked in to a meeting

I'm kind of glad somebody other than me said this...

I wanted this to be a fun series, for people to get used to the mod / learn about problems / etc and general re-learn how to race online with a new game. I was rather hoping we would get through the series without the underlying problem of ukdirt as a whole rearing it's head - peoples lack of respect / ability to race sensibly.

There's a brake, it's there for a reason. RFactor records replays for a reason, and if I get any time / enthusiasm I'll take a look through them.

Thanks to the people who did race sensibly, I did get some decent battles in amongst the chaos / trying to break down fence posts.

The positive side for me at least tonight, I found the contact very good...

Even though i top scored scored tonight it was mostly luck - I got buried a couple of times by people and was fortunate that I was either far enough ahead of others not to lose too many places, or bounced off the fence and was able to limp home.

What really annoys me is that we have certain drivers who've been racing this mod since pretty much day one, they might not be the quickest in the world but they turn up every week after putting in hours of practice and end up getting caught up by the idiots who treat the whole thing as a big joke.

These are the guys who we want to keep turning up and if I were one of them tonight I would think twice about racing again.

Edited by matthew413

Can I also say that, people are saying that is just UKDirt. Well this is a new game, and the time to intrduce a new culture

I agree ... people have to respect the other drivers on the track so that we can all have fun racing ... There are times when a larger than normal hit is expected (like in the major championships) but in normal meeting racing we need to have respect.

I think the fact that damage is not carried over from race to race and there is not the cost of repairing the cars means people can do things that would not happen in real life. I try and race more like real life and get my car to the finish with minimum damage ... It may not be the quickest way through a wreck by trying to find the gaps not not just bulldozer through, but that is how I like to race.

I am sure that rFactor racing can be a respect driven community in time as long as we are consistant with the rules and apply them to over the top driving. Putting the foot down hard from day one will mean that everyone knows where they stand and that being a fool is not tolerated.

With regards to handling ... I had real problems with BV last Tuesday when I raced it but tonight with a modified setup and a different mental approach (Braking a lot earlier to make sure I finished) I pulled off my highest placed finish.

Thanks to Mr Beef, Drumstick and Dubstar for the encouragement to actually attend tonight.

Thanks to all involved i had a lot of fun this evening , having just watched the final replay i realised how awesome this mod is , watching the 21 cars going round bell vue at the detail they are is a dream come true , it would be a real shame if it was all ruined because some people can't control themselves , having said that i'm sure the rules will be strickter once the mod releases full and a proper season starts. (hopefully) ;)

i have hit plenty of people this season in the races ive drove in , the only over the top one i can think of was on fourwinds after i got taken out by him and i saw red,, but i did appolisgise after , sometimes it's easy to lose your rag , but i guess thats just human nature.

Anyway , this is stock cars they would be boring if there was no contact :5: but agreed the OTT hits we could all do without. :3:

I gotta agree with the most post on here, i have raced from day one basically and i have come across hardly any ott hits until the last 3 or 4 weeks,

I had one tangle with Tgg which cost me a race win but that was early on so was put down to accidental/ new mod ect but since then i have been lap downed out of a gd lead in a final and followed in by a small number of ppl who seem to be strugglin and so go on a rampage . I approached this new mod with new hope that the days of full on hits from the heat days were long gone but unfortunately they are rearing their ugly heads again. Its hard enought to drive these cars straight never mind fast and straight and ott hits just make you wonder why u bother a times. I get the impession its because they arnt easy to setup that ppl lose interest in trying to set up the car but thats just the same for everyone. Lets hope those in charge stamp on it quick before ppl start giving the mod a miss.

Well, personally I quite enjoyed tonight, the usual chaotic belle vue, but thats what appeals to me here, every time you turn the bends u don't know what's waiting for you. The Heat 1 track blockage was especially chaotic (and very funny, for me anyway), and the final was very hectic, I lost count of the times I was facing the wrong way. Had some really tricky moments in the GN amongst loads of cars, all tank slapping down the straight..... excellent stuff.

Best race of my night was Heat 4, a brilliant battle with Pedz, with Michael sitting behind. Once I got in front, I had Pedz on my bumper every bend - simply an awesome race, its so enjoyable riding hits, powering down the straight, riding another one..... ace! Michael managed to get in front after a big one from Pedz with 2 to go and was just too far away to have a pop at.

I personally didn't fall fowl of any of the OTT hits tonight, thought I did see them going on, and wasn't pleased to see it. Its a contact sport, and that's the main appeal to me (note my favourite race of the night saw me getting pummeled every bend lol), but a little thought behind the hits wouldn't go amiss - cause lets face it, the OTT hits have really put a downer on what was a very entertaining night. Those in question are capable of much better, cause full throttling someone from half a straight back isn't hard, is boring, and ruins other peoples enjoyment. You can do much, much better.....

Otherwise, cracking night, and I hope to see you all for the final round of what I think has been a superbly fun and productive series.

Thanks admin for running meeting :appl::appl:

Belle Vue is becoming my boggie track.

Not a good night for me.

Had suspension damage for the first time in heat 1.

Managed a reasonable drive in heat 4 and GN.

I would like to think the problems are down to newcomers trying to get to grips with the mod as we all have had to, but I havn't seen the replays so I'm not sure.

Will be back next week.

Long live Rfactor.

Mr Beef

Edited by Mr Beef

Can I also say that, people are saying that is just UKDirt. Well this is a new game, and the time to intrduce a new culture

Good luck with that m8, perhaps you could secure world peace and end global starvation when you have finished.

I don't race rfactor (yet) so its not really my business, but the LEAGUE is UK Dirt, and its the people who make the league - and make it worth loading the game up 4/5 nights a week. Its not perfect by any means, but thats why we have admin and rules and bans.

Rather than change a culture that is already (deeply embedded) here, perhaps you'd be better to create your own. This isn't meant as a dig or a sod off, just a statement of reality. This forum (and others) are full of debates about driving standards on DTSR, Heat, UK Dirt. I am not sure why you think rfactor would/ should be different? (I'd be interested to know). All the other leagues I am aware of have similar (or much worse) problems.

The realism or beauty of the game is secondary to me (and I suspect more than a few others), I'd race a league with ZX81 graphics if it played alright, was organised well and was a good laugh. And I'd still be lap downed or taken out some nights. When in 15 years time we all have pods in the back garden to race in it will still happen, it depends whether you keep coming back. I hope you do, the strength of the league (rather than the size) depends on the quality of people at its core.

! V V !

! V V !

Front 2 (well both) rows of the ZXDirt World Final. At the distinctive Brandon Stadium.

] V V [

] V V [

British Champs Final - this time at Belle Vue.

Good luck with that m8, perhaps you could secure world peace and end global starvation when you have finished.

I don't race rfactor (yet) so its not really my business, but the LEAGUE is UK Dirt, and its the people who make the league - and make it worth loading the game up 4/5 nights a week. Its not perfect by any means, but thats why we have admin and rules and bans.

Rather than change a culture that is already (deeply embedded) here, perhaps you'd be better to create your own. This isn't meant as a dig or a sod off, just a statement of reality. This forum (and others) are full of debates about driving standards on DTSR, Heat, UK Dirt. I am not sure why you think rfactor would/ should be different? (I'd be interested to know). All the other leagues I am aware of have similar (or much worse) problems.

The realism or beauty of the game is secondary to me (and I suspect more than a few others), I'd race a league with ZX81 graphics if it played alright, was organised well and was a good laugh. And I'd still be lap downed or taken out some nights. When in 15 years time we all have pods in the back garden to race in it will still happen, it depends whether you keep coming back. I hope you do, the strength of the league (rather than the size) depends on the quality of people at its core.

! V V !

! V V !

Front 2 (well both) rows of the ZXDirt World Final. At the distinctive Brandon Stadium.

] V V [

] V V [

Post of the year, well said that man! :appl:

Id like to apologise for seeing red last night but thought id try a few big hits myself after being a targeted by most people I passed. I was starting to enjoy the F1s again after a small lay off but last night I had more fun in practice before the racing.

My usual style of driving would be to get passed cleanly and if that person has the same idea it can lead to better racing and lots of great battles. A tap wide is fine and the contact can be fun but flat out hits getting taken out every corner is frustrating and not good racing. :3:

The sooner a banger mod is released for Rfactor the better. :banghead2:

Edited by Murph

So hang on, are you suggesting that UK Dirt isn't perfect (in fact, from the meetings I've raced in over the years the driving standards were close to abysmal) but instead of at least trying to use rFactor as a launch pad to promote cleaner/better racing we'd be better off just letting the idiots in Heat switch over and carry on as they left off?

There are plenty of leagues out there where drivers treat each other with respect (one running on a Tuesday night...).

The realism or beauty of the game is secondary to me (and I suspect more than a few others), I'd race a league with ZX81 graphics if it played alright, was organised well and was a good laugh.

What's your point? rFactor is in a totally different league to Heat looks-wise purely because Heat is so antiquated. Gameplay wise the two are opposites - one is an arcade game and the other is a racing simulator. Unfortunately one can't just switch between games with the same driving styles and be quick. For some people (including myself) rFactor is a godsend, where shale races are actually driven like shale, proper FF and lovely graphics. For others with older computers, keyboards for controls and no time to practice they'll probably hate it.

And I'd still be lap downed or taken out some nights. When in 15 years time we all have pods in the back garden to race in it will still happen, it depends whether you keep coming back. I hope you do, the strength of the league (rather than the size) depends on the quality of people at its core.

Of course it'll still happen, but that doesn't mean you have to just sit back and let the morons drive out the "quality people".

Post of the year, well said that man!

Oh the irony.

Edited by matthew413

In the same way I don't really race heat so you could say none of this is my business as I am relative newcomer. I do agree though that it is the people that make the league, I for one was in a server with 7 or 8 other ukdirt regulars playing the rally cross mod after the meeting last night and we had a good laugh. On the same note when I started F2s yourself and Welly helped me out loads and without that I probably would not be here now. Taking this into consideration why should a couple of people be allowed to spoil this for people who are working for free to make this a fun place to race and hang out.

In direct answer to your first sentence I have, and l claim in no way that it is perfect or ever will be. Again I cannot argue with you as someone who lurked here for a long time before joining I have read most of the threads and from being around online racing for a few years it is a theme that is repeated at other organisations. However what I will say is that with rFactor being more of a simulation you cannot ride the flat out hits like you can in HEAT, it breaks the car and often ruins several peoples races by the time you have plowed through them on your way to the fence. Also by the number of people that have posted here or sent me PMs in chat and on MSN last night the majority of rFactor drivers want it to so I am still hopefull it can.

! V V !

! V V !

] V V [

] V V [

This just comes down to what you want from the game, and believe it or not I am in the camp that supports the running of both HEAT and rFactor F1s, so people can choose what they want. That however is down to you admin guys although that ZX game looks a blast when do you plan on releasing it. :rolleyes:

I would like to add I am not having a go at the admin here, I have enjoyed the series no end up till last night and I think it has been a great sucess and very well run. :thumbup:

I didn't/couldn't race last night, but from what I've heard I'm glad I didn't. This is a shame becuase if somebody like me who is already well impressed by the game thinks that, then any stock car fan looking for a realistic simulation sure as hell won't want to try it.

I can't comment on the standards from last night but I can certainly imagine what they might have been like looking at a few drivers on the booking list and they're usual mentality within ukdirt.

I don't see why rFactor shouldn't bring a change of culture to UKDirt tbh, it IS a simulator, therefore it should be raced as one. Anybody wishing to play a game where they can flat out hit people, please go back to heat, rFactor isn't the game for you.

I have personally pretty much completely lost interest with nascar heat, due to the amount of idiots racing the league these days who have no respect for anybody on track.

At the end of the day, it is a game but most drivers race it becuase its the closest thing to driving the real thing if you can't afford it, and people would want to drive it realiticly as a simulator, otherwise we might as well stay with heat.

I think perhaps a trial for new drivers might be a good thing, maybe not so much 5 laps as you don't know what they're attitude to racing is, but maybe a trial meeting to see if they have respect for other drivers on track ie not OTT hits or reversing out into traffic etc.

Hopefully I will be back next week and hopefully normal service will have been resumed. :thumbup:

! V V !

! V V !

] V V [

] V V [

is it a wonder theres so many idiots in UK dirt when an admin posts up crap like that :banghead2:

you surley have a short memory about how kane drove and spoiled your wonderfull HEAT, well its the same sh1t diff game hapening here :3:

There are plenty of leagues out there where drivers treat each other with respect (one running on a Tuesday night...).

Yep, the Uk Dirt banger lads are a great bunch! :thumbup:

is it a wonder theres so many idiots in UK dirt when an admin posts up crap like that :banghead2:

you surley have a short memory about how kane drove and spoiled your wonderfull HEAT, well its the same sh1t diff game hapening here :3:

What was wrong with it rather then just slag him off?

I thought Bathyboy's post was valid and made some good points.

Also, if the driving style of some isn't wanted then ban them? Seems the easy solution to me I would have said. Something which BB touched upon I think.

! V V !

! V V !

] V V [

] V V [

Christ Hutch what a stupid response, who do you think it was that banned Kane? All Bathy is saying is that whether you race Heat or R-Factor you will get ALL styles of racers! It's up to each individual Mod on how they police this!

Even in real life F1's its only in the last 10 years or so that all the really hard hitters have gone. Mainly due to the speed and cost. Only a certain few like Kev Smith were able to change their style and adapt to the new low contact racing that has evolved.

You are making every comment that doesn't fit in with your ideal, as an attack on this mod.

Chill out a bit chap!!

Oh and dont sell the baby!!

! V V !

! V V !

] V V [

] V V [

Christ Hutch what a stupid response, who do you think it was that banned Kane? All Bathy is saying is that whether you race Heat or R-Factor you will get ALL styles of racers! It's up to each individual Mod on how they police this!

Even in real life F1's its only in the last 10 years or so that all the really hard hitters have gone. Mainly due to the speed and cost. Only a certain few like Kev Smith were able to change their style and adapt to the new low contact racing that has evolved.

You are making every comment that doesn't fit in with your ideal, as an attack on this mod.

Chill out a bit chap!!

Oh and dont sell the baby!!

me bad :oops:

i re-read bathys post and understand what hes saying now, sorry for that bathy

welly its nothing to do with hard hitters, its the flat out no intention of cornering hits that were last nights problem it spoiled some good battles that were going on

fair enough its a 'fun' test season but the fun kind of dies out when all this nonsense starts, hopefully when the real season starts we'll have some rules implemented

Edit - was typing up when Hutch made his 2nd post - NP m8, thanks.

If/when the F2 Rfactor mod gets done it'll will probably change over, chances are I will race F1s eventually, if the UK Dirt League changes for 2008 that is a definite.

And then the 'idiots' will be racing rfactor, because they are members of the UK Dirt league and have paid their JOLT fee. Kane's ban will be up at the end of 2007 if he pays up he will be in with you/us next season. Till he gets banned no doubt, but if its not him someone else will be there to take on the mantle. Its not a good thing but its the nature of the beast.

That is my point - in relation to Drumbsticks post about a change of culture. When you raced UK Dirt F2s earlier this year you kept asking for over 18 only servers - and that is why I kept saying no.

Looking at the reasons for banning people in UK Dirt F2 the last 2 seasons about 10% are Kane types, 40% are bad decisions or hits gone wrong, usually from a lap down. The other 50% are red mist over reactions, usually by generally decent drivers. We can't ban everyone just in case, if you only want people who won't react to events during a race you'd best get your private server back up and hand pick your competitors.

I am not sure a more demanding (realistic) mod is going to improve driving standards, which seems to be the implication whenever I read you evangelising about your superdooper rfactor - and this thread proves it. I agree with Drumbsticks idea, but experience tells me it won't happen.

There are very good reasons for going to rfactor, chances are Heat will just die eventually so it may be out of necessity. We could run 2 mods side by side - logistically it would have implications for server time and getting the admin to run them and watch the replays and hand out the bans, but neither are insurmountable.

Edited by bathyboy81

I didn't/couldn't race last night, but from what I've heard I'm glad I didn't. This is a shame becuase if somebody like me who is already well impressed by the game thinks that, then any stock car fan looking for a realistic simulation sure as hell won't want to try it.

I can't comment on the standards from last night but I can certainly imagine what they might have been like looking at a few drivers on the booking list and they're usual mentality within ukdirt.

I don't see why rFactor shouldn't bring a change of culture to UKDirt tbh, it IS a simulator, therefore it should be raced as one. Anybody wishing to play a game where they can flat out hit people, please go back to heat, rFactor isn't the game for you.

I have personally pretty much completely lost interest with nascar heat, due to the amount of idiots racing the league these days who have no respect for anybody on track.

At the end of the day, it is a game but most drivers race it becuase its the closest thing to driving the real thing if you can't afford it, and people would want to drive it realiticly as a simulator, otherwise we might as well stay with heat.

I think perhaps a trial for new drivers might be a good thing, maybe not so much 5 laps as you don't know what they're attitude to racing is, but maybe a trial meeting to see if they have respect for other drivers on track ie not OTT hits or reversing out into traffic etc.

Hopefully I will be back next week and hopefully normal service will have been resumed. :thumbup:

Just had a look through the list trying to work out who the drivers are with a mentality to be a nightmare at a meeting i cant see any part from a couple that might be in legends.. I havent raced this league at all so i cant comment on racing in rfactor but can i ask when people say driving standards do they mean big hits dirty hits maybe someone who raced last night could say...

I wasnt to impressed last night either.

Would like to apologise also to anyone in the final last night who got caught by me 'suddenely re-appearing'. My game froze mid way through the race and I havent had chance to check the replay to see if I did mess anyone’s race up, sorry If I did.

The hits we are complaining about/moaning about/trying to get rid of (take your pick!) are the absolute no brainers. For example, you tap someone wide, nip up the inside only for that person to almost cut the corner with no thought to braking/steering to take that person out. It's a case of Im not quick enough so I follow you in instead. Guys such as Beef, Fourwinds and PaulP will probably be among the first to point out that maybe there not the quickest drivers out there. BUT they do treat the game with respect and don’t go lunging for silly hits EVERY bend. These guys have gone from White to Blue, with A. A little bit of practise B. A little bit of patience and C. Alot of respect for other drivers. Sure, you will see the big hits, maybe last lap of a final for example but not EVERY single lap. That’s just wrong. Or maybe I don’t know enough about stock cars, I don’t know!

And sorry Trash, bangers has been dead and buried for a long time!

I wasnt to impressed last night either.

Would like to apologise also to anyone in the final last night who got caught by me 'suddenely re-appearing'. My game froze mid way through the race and I havent had chance to check the replay to see if I did mess anyone’s race up, sorry If I did.

The hits we are complaining about/moaning about/trying to get rid of (take your pick!) are the absolute no brainers. For example, you tap someone wide, nip up the inside only for that person to almost cut the corner with no thought to braking/steering to take that person out. It's a case of Im not quick enough so I follow you in instead. Guys such as Beef, Fourwinds and PaulP will probably be among the first to point out that maybe there not the quickest drivers out there. BUT they do treat the game with respect and don’t go lunging for silly hits EVERY bend. These guys have gone from White to Blue, with A. A little bit of practise B. A little bit of patience and C. Alot of respect for other drivers. Sure, you will see the big hits, maybe last lap of a final for example but not EVERY single lap. That’s just wrong. Or maybe I don’t know enough about stock cars, I don’t know!

And sorry Trash, bangers has been dead and buried for a long time!

You've hit the nail on the head there Dazza, that is what stock cars is about, and patience and respect certainly pays off. You can't be good straight away, it takes a lot of practise and patience. I've driven about 2000 laps at each track and I'm still nowhere near the standard of Hutch & Drumbstick but I'm a lot closer than I was a week after I started. If people are just struggling and getting frustrated, then calm down and be patient it will come after practise, don't expect to be a champion in the first meeting.

If you are only there to hammer other drivers every bend, then please think about the amount of practise most drivers put in just to get the car going in a straight line before you ruin their night. It may be a game to you, but a hobby almost a sport to others who can't comptete in the real thing, try and respect that, thats all I'm saying.

Kruiz

Dazza you got that spot on. Thankyou.

I joined uk dirt in july and had a good go at heat F2.

I like to think I gave it my best shot but unfortunatly I was not good at it, despite some good advice from some of the top drivers.

I dont know if it was an arcade type game and trying to use a gamepad, but I just couldn't do it.

I always tried to be careful not to spoil other peoples races and moved wide when I could.

Since getting rfactor I have gone from spinning every bend and facing the wrong way to finishing races and even won a heat and final. this has taken a lot of practice and rows with the wife :rofl:

The game is hard and it is hard to keep control somtimes.

As for OTT hits, you not only ruin the guy's race that you hit, but you also ruin your own race 9 times out of 10.

Unfortunately it seems to be a minority that are spoiling it for the majority.

:2:

Mr Beef

Long Live rfactor

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..