Anyone else feel the earthquake?!

Guest Trash

Well it certainly got my heart rate going.

Thought a cat knocked over an ornament, looked round and no cat! Then the whole house decided to woblle about a bit!

Looked on Sky News and 10 minutes later their "breaking news" reported tremors, anyone else get it?

Yep it shook everything here too. (Grantham)

Several people went out in the street and couldn't believe what had happened.

Not as violent as some areas had but nevertheless quite frightening!!!! :o

nothing ere the cotswolds must be the most boring place to live in england saying that a fair bit of water fell last summer lol funny tho as a video of gloster was on the news and that shook well 20 miles must make all the differance lol the misses said she felt it in northampton tho

Edited by Aub

Aye I did too (Nuneaton), was just settling down in bed when I heard a faint rumble, put it down to the wind, then things started to rock gently, followed by a short but very violent shudder which came with a huge crack. Think we only got the edge of considering how far away we are, but it was still the most violent shake I've felt - the one a couple of years ago (epicentre was Dudley) which was nearer was less violent than that. Can't imagine how this one felt closer to the epicentre. My sister felt it in Coalville, they had it a bit stronger in Sileby where my sisters boyfriends parents live, and my girlfriend felt it in Birmingham, so certainly was a good spread!

...short but very violent shudder which came with a huge crack.

Any idea what the crack was?

Haven't a clue - will probably find out when I fall down it....

i live in bourne and was watching shaun of the dead on itv2 when the lounge walls started moving. the rumbling went on for bout 4 seconds then it died down but could still feel a faint vibration for bout 30 seconds after. was wierd cos we have all our trophies on shelves and they all started dancing. its a good job i wasnt watching most haunted cos i think i wouldve ran like forest gump if i had been lol.

Yeah I felt it in Gloucester

One of my model cars (1:24) rolled off the shelf (about 4ft drop) and landed on the pillow right next to me. Certainly a shock to find a Hummer H2 nearly hit ya :king:

Edited by pazza

• 3 weeks later...

Yep it shook everything here too. (Grantham)

Several people went out in the street and couldn't believe what had happened.

Not as violent as some areas had but nevertheless quite frightening!!!! :o

Was near yours Mav playing football on the field lol

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..