Results - Ipswich 22/05/08 WCQR 4

MoR137

Hi all,

First of all, well done to Leek for winning tonights final, becoming the first person this season to take 3 finals! Also well done Hutch for top scoring.

TONIGHT WAS ALSO THE END OF THE GRADING PERIOD, SO THE NEW GRADES WILL BE ANNOUNCED NEXT WEEK, AND WILL COME INTO EFFECT IN 2 WEEKS TIME FOR THE SKEGNESS UK OPEN!

Sorry for the big hold ups in the GN - I know we said we'd stick to one restart, but I considered the case of Big Al a special circumstance, as it was more of an experiement to see what could cause/was causing the problems he was having. We didn't establish it entirely, but I'm sure you'll agree, it's better to try and understand the game now rather than later when the stakes could be higher. At least we know the night race wasn't the problem. Al is one of the racers on a lower spec pc, so its also important to understand what problems someone like him could be having, so we have a better understanding for those who join who don't have the fancy kit (sorry to single you out Al, just a fine example, and hope you continue to race). So again, sorry for the delay, and sorry if you felt it was a bit unfair (because you have been locked out in the past) but there was logic behind my madness, I promise.

Results:

Heat 1: 291 288 137 123 8 136 18 259 315 112 515 300

Heat 2: 290 39 331 137 288 259 3 123 202 286 315 515 525

Heat 3: 136 290 202 331 39 8 112 18 3 286 291 525

A-Final: 39 331 136 8 112 137 290 259 291 286 123 288 315 18 3 202 515 525 300

GN 1: 331 259 290 123 202 112 136 137 315 286 291 39* 288 18 8 3 525

*LeeK took the lap handicap

43 pts 331 HUTCH

36 pts 39 LeeK

34 pts 136 Kruiz

34 pts 290 Dazza

27 pts 137 MoR

23 pts 112 Tom D

23 pts 8 tosh874

22 pts 259 jimmymuk

14 pts 202 Vegas

14 pts 291 Marten

14 pts 123 dubstar

11 pts 288 Ironmac

8 pts 286 Mr Beef

4 pts 315 Sybe Racing

3 pts 3 Johno

3 pts 18 marky

0 pts 515 Big Al

0 pts 525 Maverick

0 pts 300 Mattyaspin

From a personal point of view, I had a cracking night with a mixed bag of results. Finally solved my PC problem woohoo! Had a a good set of heats, with a cracking tuddle with Hutch/Ironmac in heat 2. Got a good start in the final, only to mess it up by spinning Al (wasn't intentional, should've been more patient, but I did a slightly angry Kruiz on my tail lol!). GN was a cracker, found myself battling with Hutch for the lead with only a few to go, decided I'd follow him round and try for the last bender, but messed up my last two laps so was too far away. Unfortunatly hit the dead car of Tosh on the last bend and went flying over the tyres, and as sods law would have it, I landed facing the armco. If World qualifier points were being handed out on acrobatic ability, I'd be pole and choosing my venue.

Probably my favourite meeting this season (wait, don't I say that ever meeting? hehe).

Cheers

MoR

It was simply beautiful......

CLICK

Added the shot from Hutchs cockpit for comedy value.....

:rofl: Thats brilliant Craig. :appl:

Cheers for the meeting, I think Ipswich has to be my worst track, I just can't stay consistent there at all. Having said that, there was some good battles during the evening and still enjoyed it.

Hopefully see you all next week, work permitting.

Kruiz

An unmitigated disaster for me after being in dreamland after the 'vue last thursday thinking id finally got rFactor cracked lol. Managed a mightily impressive 3 laps in heat 1 before a tussle with Big Al & suspension failure, missed the grid in Heat 2 dithering over a set up & got booted (collision mismatch) on the restart. Got tangled in the whites & yellows melee in the final, & despite really looking forward to the GN under the lights (which is always good imo) I sat & watched the many restarts come & go only to be discoed just before getting underway! I suppose moral of this tale is dont think everythings cosy & your PC is fine & that its others who are having all the rotten luck with this mod. I never had a single problem at belle vue in terms of being booted or warp etc.etc., & then Ippo comes round & I have a nightmare for a variety of reasons. Despite all this the mod is dangerously addictive & i'll be lining up at Bradford praying my luck is in lol. (P.S. can anyone guess why Dub's skin is the grey temp car in my game, ive downloaded & reinstalled all skinpacks to no avail (thanks Danskin for suggestion), it says unknown instead of Tarmac OL under class? Thanks)

(P.S. can anyone guess why Dub's skin is the grey temp car in my game, ive downloaded & reinstalled all skinpacks to no avail (thanks Danskin for suggestion), it says unknown instead of Tarmac OL under class? Thanks)

Hi Matty

Dubstars skins were in the pack March - Part 3. First of all, go to your rfactor folder, then GameData, Vehicles, F1 Stcokcars, TarmacOL, UKDirt (Tarmac) and have a look to see if you can see his skins folder, skin and veh file, and check they are all present and correct - you may also want to open the skins up in photoshop if you can, just to check all is ok. Do you race SimStox? If you do, make sure that all of those packs are taken out of game when you race UKDirt, just to be on the safe side. And finally, this is a long shot, but do you still have the Autumn Series skinpacks in there? If you do, i'd recommend taking those out as well (these were on meant for the beta, so if you installed them when you got V1.0, then they would install to the Tarmac and Shale directories, not TarmacOL and ShaleOL). As i've mentioned before, any duplicate skins in the game can cause massive problems, so thats why I have the message on the skinpack installers stating that if your skin is part of that skinpack, you should delete it from your game before installing. Thats the only things I can think of.

Also, anybody who has mismatches, have you all got the F1 Stockcars V1.1 Patch released a couple of months ago? If everything is as it should be but you still continue to get mismatches, the only thing I can recommend is to get rid of the mod and reinstall from scratch. And finally, if you have a problem and solve it, let us know....... We're still trying to determine what causes what in the league, so your help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

MoR

To be honest, I can't say either way whether I enjoyed my first competitive meeting in rFactor or not.

Reasons being, I wasn't in the best of moods following on from a pitiful Heat meeting, problems with rFactor pre meeting and not holding out much hope as my setup is woeful and very minimal online practice.

First heat started at the back and surprised myself by not spinning out during the race nor getting in anyones way when I was being lapped. Second heat started with the whites, but due to my "unknown" problem with rolling laps (car turns sharp left on its own - happens in heat also) I was stranded on the kerb and couldn't move. Whence I finally got going, again making no mistakes as such finished the race last but proud of myself.

Final started off really well until Johno hit tyres and rolled collecting me in the process and hey presto last again at the end of the race, albeit Matty had stopped well earlier. GN spoilt the evening for me due to it being a bumper fest and I was battered all over the track, no chance of keeping it together and again finished last.

Being a second off the pace I couldn't capitalise on other peoples errors, but that will come in time. Also being on keys may hinder me, but I am most comfortable with keys so happy to stick with that for the time being.

Thanks to MOR for getting my skins in the game, and to Dan for his help getting me racing and to Johno for agreeing to let me start as white!!!

Might see you at Bradford if my setup work improves ;)

Thanks for meeting admin.

Wd Hutch, Leek and other race winners.

Had a bad night myself, found myself catching tyres and hitting people as they reversed onto racing line :011:

Only picked up 8 points from 4 tenth places (consistant or what) :rofl:

Maybe enough to get me downgraded :thumbup:

Hopefully be around for next week.

Cheers

It was a shame about missing the GN although I can't fault Admin for giving me extra chances. I am hoping I have that problem fixed now anyway, I had an emergency at home which meant I missed the HEAT meeting and nearly missed the rFactor one too, and I never even thought about a skinpack being released yesterday, partly because of the above and partly because there don't seem to be too many skinpack releases in rfactor. The Mav skin I was missing obviously meant Mav looked grey to me but it did not cause any problems other than that in heat 2 or the Final, hence I did not even think of it being the problem for me in the GN until after the meeting, especially as it looked like I was ok to go in a couple of the GN attempted starts, weird stuff. Sorry anyway.

I did enjoy the heats and final though.

All being well I am off work next Thursday afternoon so I should be able to race next week even though it's a 7.30 start.

Hope Mav makes it too, it's nice to have someone who isn't too much faster than me. :thumbup:

Thanks very much to MoR for running the meeting, and running the meeting so quickly, I was back to camp so quick the kids were still up ;)

Well doen to LeeK for taking his third final of the season. I think I helped him a little bit by wipingout a few cars early on, which was not my intention.

Personally, things were going better, as I was not as far off the pace as I have been in recent weeks. That can only be good for my future. However, I still have those moments where I just dont concentrate, and end up spinning. They need to be solved!!!

Cheers

Johno

Hope Mav makes it too, it's nice to have someone who isn't too much faster than me. :thumbup:

Sorry Al but you are on your own Thursday. I have spent the last hour trying the track out, (which doesn't look like the track that I remember), and have spent more time going backwards on the grass than forwards on the track.

I don't have the patience to sit for hours "tweaking" and as I know not what each thing does in relation to the car, I have no idea what to do to correct what it/me is doing wrong. Tarmac seems easier so thats when we will meet again Al. :rofl:

I am aware there is a tutorial, but until I have time to sit down and properly digest, then I'll pick my meetings based on what I can do.

All the best Al :thumbs_up:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..